“Nice laid back meal by the open window to the mall”

Yardbird Southern Table and Bar
Reserve a Table
Ranked #228 of 15,497 Restaurants in Singapore
Neighborhood: Central Area/City Area
Description: Yardbird Southern Table and Bar is a tribute to the importance of sharing a meal, a celebration of the ingredients and craft that go into its preparation, and a humble "thanks" for everything the American Southern table has to offer.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a great place to sit and enjoy some lunch after hiking around the Gardens By The Bay! Was quiet at first and then got quite busy. We enjoyed the fried green tomato with seared pork belly. I had a healthy Cobb style salad with loads of goodies in it and my wife had the double cheese burger which also had seared pork belly on top!

1  Thank Chrisinkingwood2
JohnKunkel, Owner at Yardbird Southern Table and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Chrisinkingwood2,

Thank you for taking the time to review Yardbird Southern Table and Bar.

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed our Southern ambiance and cuisine especially our FRIED GREEN TOMATO &
CRISPY PORK BELLY and THE GREAT AMERICAN BURGER.

We look forward to having you back again soon.

Events and Marketing Manager

Write a reviewReviews (424)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I’m a regular visitor to Yardbird Miami and the Singapore edition at MBS does not disappoint. Great service and off menu cocktails by Jerry at the bar. Highly recommended and I’ll be back!!

Dear Honyik,

Thank you for taking the time to review Yardbird Southern Table and Bar.

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed our Southern hospitality and cocktails.

I will relay your compliments to Jerry and we look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food is average at best. The signature dish is chicken which was dry and tough. Entrees had no flavour. The star of the table was corn bread. It was extremely disappointing. Service was over energetic and at the table too often for my liking.

Dear michaelgodden,

Thank you for taking the time to review Yardbird Southern Table and Bar.

We never like to hear when a guest leaves disappointed. Please check your inbox so we can personally address your individual experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Well I was thinking of giving 3 stars if it’s for the food. The ambience and service makes up for it. If it’s just the chicken, I might rate a 2.5. The place build up the expectation for their chicken, however it wasn’t as good as expected. I ordered the fried chicken with waffle and watermelon as well as the mac and cheese.

The weird thing is that the sides are standing out more than the main (chicken). Which was surprising and unexpected.

Having a fair share of chicken dishes, yardbird fried chicken has a lackluster compared to jollibee. I think their staff should try jollibee (It’s fresh fried, also the chicken is filled with piping hot juice).

Personally I dont think that their spices should change, I think it’s just fine. But why didnt their chicken have enough moisture and juice in it?

But kudos to the sauces, I think it really complements, however the chicken, not sure whether if its the quality of the chicken or the method of frying (It just doesnt have the juice dripping sensation).

I think if they perfect the cooking method to retain its moisture, it would be perfect.

Dear Prof_Teck,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The pork ribs and chicken are delicious. Beautiful ambience and friendly waitresses to sing my partner a birthday song! Hearty experience overall just abit pricey

Date of visit: September 2019
Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co

Dear itsnoreenrachz,

Thank you for taking the time to review Yardbird Southern Table and Bar.

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed our Southern hospitality and food.

I will relay your compliments to the staff and we look forward to having you back again soon.