“New, clean hotel in excellent location.”

Park Hotel Clarke Quay
Ranked #54 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I stayed at the Park Hotel for three nights on a recent business trip with colleagues. This was my first visit to Singapore and I was completely impressed with the country. The Park Hotel fully met and exceeded many of my expectations. Located in Clarke Quay, it is easy walking distance to many new restaurants and shopping venues.

The staff was friendly and welcoming. I was fortunate enough to have booked a room on the upper two floors (Club Level). This allowed me access to the 10th floor lounge for morning breakfast and evening cocktails / hors d'oeuvres.

The only negative during my stay was the first morning when I tried using the lobby restaurant for breakfast (included in room rate). The atmosphere and clientele were complete chaos. After waiting to be seated by the hostess, I had to be reseated three different times because everytime I got up to get something from the buffet, another "guest" took my seat. It was extremely crowded and the staff tried to help keep my table, but I guess that the social norms of other patrons is different than I am used to.

After that experience, I used the Club Lounge on the 10th floor and was able to have a leisurely and civil breakfast (also included in room rate). The evening happy hours were also very relaxing and welcome at the end of the day.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Singapore, especially on business. It is not a resort, but a very new, clean and capable facility in a great location.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Park Hotel Clarke Quay

Reviewed September 10, 2010

very nice clean hotel, nice pool/gym/bar, along side of river,good for getting anywhere in the city. plenty of bars restaurants and shops 360' from hotel.
don't take room on floor 4 if your not a smoker
try brussel sprout bar turn right along river ..... dozens of beers to choose from hic'

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Hi, the hotel looks great from the outside, since it's failry new. But the rooms are tiny, really tiy, no place for a suitcase! Not even in the closet, we had 2 suitcase and ended up moving all the furniture in a corner and putting the suitcases on the ground but we then could bearly move around the room.

Room itselve was well appointed but small.

Service wasn't what i suspected since this was the priciest hotel we had on our 3 week trip. No friendly smile, no nothing. No help, no service at all.

Breakfast was a joke, they didn't have enough room to seat people, you had to stand in line each and every day. Once inside you had to say a prayer to be able to get a glass for some juice because these were not availabl each and every day. When clean glasses were brought in people ran to juice machine and most wouldn't have a chance at getting a clean glass. Service was once again rude.

Asking for directions didn't work you were just shuvved in a taxi altough it was only a 10 minute walk.

We walked to the main shopping road (the one with 30 malls !!!) every day in about 10 to 15 minutes. If you want to be in the middle of things, this is a bit out of the way.

Would i recommand this hotel, not for the price, service and rooms we got !

No free internet btw.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2010

What hotel we would stay at was not so important to us when we booked our holiday as we knew that all our time would be spent out in the city itself. But when we arrived at the hotel after 14 & 1/2 hrs on a plane all our expectations were exceeded. We were upgarded to a club room on arrival which was lovely and modern, and it gave us access to the club lounge and afternoon tea and happy hour with a selection of drinks etc all for free.The hotel looks fantastic and is very new, is a very short walk away from Clarke Quay which has lots of bars and restaurants (but is expensive because of tourists compared to else where in the city) and has Singapores world famous transport system everywhere in the city so getting around was very easy.
I will definitely be going back to Singapore. It is the best city I have ever been to and I cant wait to go back. The Park Hotel was the perfect base for exploring one of the worlds greatest cities

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JedH333
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Arrived 7am expecting to have to wait until the afternoon for our room but by 8.30am we were in and settled. Nice clean room with good views over the pool although a little small but hey you are only sleeping in it. Easy walk to Clarke Quay and the MRT and in fact short walk to most places. Poolside bar service was a little slow if not non exsistant some days but small detail. Restaurant looked nice but with so many places in Sing to eat (and cheaper) we did not use it. Great 4 night stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robbyroo
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I have been using Park hotel at CQ since April 2010, total number of nigh is about 78 nights. The location of the hotel is excellent whether you are in Singapore for work or holiday.i have been staying on the club floor on 9th and 10th floor, the 10th floor is the best. either way, Evelyn and her staff on the club floors are doing their out most to make your stay a memorable one, and I cannot praise them enough. There is always a smile and a friendly, " good morning" or a "how are you today" and it is truly appreciated. I hope that Evelyn, the club floor manager, and her staff enjoys the moon cake that I gave them as an appreciation for their service when I left Singapore in the month of the hungry ghost.
VBRGDS
Oistein and Nina - of Norway

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank oistein_dahlslett
Reviewed August 28, 2010

This hotel is very new and had been open only since 2009 so the rooms still look fine though look a little small. But it's alright since I was traveling alone and won't meet up with my sisters until the last day. The hotel was 10 floors high and the reception people were accommodating in giving me a 7th floor room with a view.

It turns out the hotel is a 10 min walk to the nearest MRT station. Luckily, the hotel offers a shuttle with certain stops including the nearest station. The shuttle driver was friendly and almost always smiling.

The only restaurant serving breakfast the next morning was overflowing by 930am. It also meant that another person was seated at my table. Irene from Australia was lovely though I was looking forward to a quiet morning meal. The restaurant has three people laying down placemats/utensils as well as doubling as bussing tables. Another one was assigning the tables. There are another two or three "managers" who stand around and not much help. They don't even know cream for coffee. Glasses for the juices evaporate faster than water in the desert. Empty food trays at the buffet line is not refilled even after 15 mins. Considering the limited variety i expected better. With full occupancy, the hotel should have more resources assigned instead of allowing guests to make do with whatever they serve.

Internet connection in the rooms were extra charge. It was a little expensive. What is objectionable is the slow speed. I mean the internet speed at home is faster and the fees I pay per day is what I pay for in a month!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo