“Wonderful - location, value for money, everything!”

Park Hotel Clarke Quay
Ranked #54 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed January 14, 2010

We had a wonderful stay at the Park Hotel in Clarke Quay. It was within easy walking/cab distance from most of the sights of Singapore and was a fantastic central point to enjoy our 3 days in Singapore. Our room overlooked the pool (a lovely tranquil getaway from the busy city). All the facilities were fantastic. The room was of a reasonable size with a fantastically comfortable bed.
Would definitely recommend for business and leisure travellers.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DizLondon
There are newer reviews for Park Hotel Clarke Quay

Reviewed January 3, 2010

Ok. so when you walk into the hotel, it was beautiful. everything everyone said it would be. the restaurant was nice, the pool was absolutely stunning, i even found that the rooms were adequate...I went with my partner and my family and our room and my parents room was adequate, the kids rooms (with the two single beds) was slightly smaller and less roomy. aside from the bathroom being rather small, it was still adequate.

However, there was one problem that, for me dropped this hotel right down. The service. breakfast was the worst. we stayed 5 days. 3 of those days we had to wait almost half an hour for a table at breakfast. and we had young children with us and only a limited time to see all of singapore so this was highly inconvenient. after people would leave, it took the staff a considerably long time to clean the tables and more often than not we had to eat at the table with dirty dishes. on one particular occasion, we had to ask 3 times for more cutlery. almost every breakfast time, they would run out of plates and glasses and you had to wait for more. on the last breakfast I asked twice for a coffee. I am still waiting for it.
also a few times we asked for clean towels and we didn't get them.

The hotel itself was definately a 5 star hotel, but for me, sevice is the most paramount thing that a hotel can offer and this hotel fell very short of offering it.

because of this i wouldn't recomend this hotel. however, if sevice is not on your list of most sought out amenities, then i would highly recomend this hotel.

on another note. singapore itself was amazing and I would definately go back there again

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for three nights. We had late checkout pre-arranged.
Breakfast food was well presented and tasted great! I enjoyed the buffet. I was disappointed by the range of fruits offered, just watermelon.
Room service was excellent. Delivery of food was prompt and it arrived hot. There was no extra charge added to the bill, which was unusual in my experience.
The location was convenient to metro and taxi access was easily arranged when we left the hotel for high tea at the Raffles. We had a short walk to the Quays and the many restaurants there.
The pool area was beautiful. We went swimming each day.
The only drawback to this hotel was they do not seem to have smoking free floors. We were changed from our first room as it smelled of cigarette smoke. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were given complimentary internet access.
For the price, this was an outstanding hotel and i would go there, again.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank Gabriel11
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Sparkling new hotel on Robertson Quay. Didn't eat at the hotel as good cheap food just a short walk away around Clarke Quay and in the basement of the shopping centre across the river. Also ate well and very cheaply in Little India, and less cheaply (but worth every cent! ) for a celebration meal in the Tiffin Room at the Raffles.
As previous correspondents have commented the rooms are rather small, but well appointed. We found the air con rather cold and were unable to raise the temperature. As soon as we turned the temperature up it defaulted to freezing cold again. Fortunately I had brought a jumper from UK which I needed in the room.
Beautiful swimmimg pool which we thoroughly enjoyed. Overall a good stay and would return.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2009

While researching Singaproe hotels I stumbled upon this gem. Situated on the river in Clarke Quay, it is an easy walk to many of the sites (15/20 minutes to Chinatown/Raffles Hotel). Park Hotel sparkles and shines as it is quite new. Many of the reviews on tripadvisor mention that the rooms are small, but I didn't find them overly small. I would not call them spacious, but space comes at a premium when you are on a small island. The swimming pool was very nice and I thought the breakfast buffett was quite good. I did not book directly with the hotel, but through a third party (1.800.Hotels) as the hotel website's prices were quite a bit higher than what other vendors were offering. If I return to Singapore I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChicagoTravelGuy9
Reviewed December 27, 2009

I stayed at this hotel in October 2009 for 3 nights. It is in a good location for Clarke Quay. The room I was given was small but clean, although someone had been previously smoking in the room and housekeeping had a fumigator in the room to try and get rid of the smell but without success. The staff were all very good and efficient but the let down is in the morning at breakfast. The dining room looks nice enough but can get very crowded when coach parties all come in on mass. The food is not very good quality. I expected real orange juice but instead there is only diluted orange. The choice of fresh fruit is very limited and when I asked specifically if the chef could make scrambled egg I got a rubbery omelette. I guess I was in the wrong part of the World to ask for such an exotic way to cook eggs, lol. The chef only knew how to cook eggs in a wok! The coffee seemed to be a secret too. I had to ask 3 times for coffee each morning. AND to crown it all there was a super efficient assistant who took my dishes away before I was finished. He did not even ask before whisking everything away. No, it is better to look elsewhere if you have a choice to spend your hard earned cash.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Iain_G_C
Reviewed December 11, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights for a short break in Singapore. Like the many other reviews, I agree that the room is too small, even for one person, there is hardly room to move about. In addition, the bathroom is a see through glass partition, which is totally transparent. There are no curtains. this could be part of the design to make the room appear bigger. Am not sure though whether this is the feature for all the rooms, or just for singles. But really, won't be able to use the bathroom with ease, should there be any other persons in the room! Location-wise, the nearest MRT station is really not that near. One would have to walk alongside Clarke Quay, cross the bridge and walk somemore. There are no shuttle bus services to bring one to nearest attractions, or the shopping street of Orchard, unlike other hotels. There is, however, a shuttle bus service to Suntec City Mall, but of which is operated by Suntec, and not from the hotel. Information such as these are not easily available, and one has to specifically ask the receptionist. I find it disappointing also that there is no information file in the room, to inform of available services in the hotel. Coffee at breakfast was also the weakest coffee ever tasted; I even thought it was accidentally mixed with tea, and asked to change but alas, `coffee' of the same weak watery taste was given back to me!
I wouldnt come back again to this hotel. In Singapore there are many other better hotels to choose from.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo