“Great service”

Park Hotel Clarke Quay
Ranked #47 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
“Great service”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've just checked out of this hotel. I found it to be extremely clean and the staff to be very helpful.

I was a little disappointed with the size of the room but this could be normal for Singapore - I'm not sure. Having said that, the room has everything I needed and was very clean.

Staff were all very helpful and were keen to help me find the places I wanted to go.

I had the buffet breakfast one morning but decided against it on my second morning as I wasn't all that impressed with the freshness or variety provided.

Overall I had a nice stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (966)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The staff was very helpful and kind. The rooms were clean and comfortable, although a bit tight. We did not try the food. The metro is a 15 minute walk through construction. It is difficult to find from the hotel. We learned the bus system, however, that was not ideal.
The neighborhood it was in was safe and nice. Clarke Quay, which is a 10 minute walk, has tons of restaurants and bars to go out.

Christchurch
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Nice modern hotel in great location. Just a 10 min walk to Clarke Quay. Only downside, miles away from the local MRT. However, the hotel does in a complimentary shuttle to the nearest station every hour or so which was great. Nice clean room. Very comfy bed. Slept soundly each night. Laundry service wasn't cheap, but probably the same all over singapore. Would be back, if just purely for the location.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had a 2 night stopover in Singapore prior to boarding a cruise. The hotel was selected by our travel agent.

Some weeks prior to travelling, I independently arranged and confirmed with the hotel for an upgrade to a Crystal Club room, with the included benefits. However, on arrival at the main reception there seemed to be some confusion - despite me showing the email confirmation. Once sorted, I was told I could have the room but not the services that are included. When I queried this, one of the other Receptionists took over and resolved the situation. Not a great initial impression and as far as I understood; as I had booked a Crystal Club room I should have been checked in on the Crystal Club floor. I see from other postings, I am not the first person to have this experience.

The room itself was clean but I felt it was relatively small for the cost - maybe this is common in Singapore.

The Crystal Club lounge overlooked Robertson and Clarke Quays and the drinks and breakfast service here was very good. The staff were always friendly and helpful, in particular when asked them for their local knowledge regarding places to go and ways to get there, etc.

The Concierges' were also helpful. On our first morning, one of them (unfortunately I do not know his name) went out of his way to arrange an organised trip for my wife and I at the last minute. We very much appreciated his efforts as we really enjoyed the trip.

Despite our initial disappointment at check-in; we enjoyed our stay at the hotel. It is in an excellent location for the various bars and restaurants, it is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. I would probably stay again should I return to Singapore.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AberdeenTraveller54
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed at Park Hotel, Clarke Quay twice in Jan/Feb. 2013 and found it comfortable and efficient. I’m sure those adjectives are used frequently to describe hotels in Singapore. What distinguished the Park Hotel for me was the warmth and thoughtfulness of the staff. I would like to say a belated thanks to: (1) the waitress who moved me [unasked] to a more convenient table in the breakfast room, (2) the cleaning lady who stopped work to come and help me with my luggage as I left my room, (3) the receptionist who cheerfully kept an eye on my checked-out baggage while I went for a swim and (4) not forgetting the door-man who rushed after my taxi to hand me my forgotten jacket.
Individual actions that combined to form exceptional service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for four nights in May before going on to Bali . The hotel is in an excellent location ,in fact it is In Robertson Quay. It is a 10 min walk to Clark Quay, 25 min to Chinatown and Boat Quay and a 10 min taxi ride to most places - and taxis are so cheap. Also a lot of restaurants around the corner in Robertson Quay . There are supermarkets for supplies in the Mall across the road .

We had a corner room on the 7th Floor which had excellent views over the river . Whilst the room was not large it was more than adequate for two people .......don't understand why people are moaning about the rooms ! The swimming pool is a good size with plenty of sunbeds.
The staff were all very pleasant and helpful and the hotel was very clean .
The only thing that lets this hotel down ,in my opinion, is that there is no resident lounge area to relax /have a drink and the reception area is small and cramped with no where to sit . However ,its not a big problem as there plenty of bars /cafes close by .

We didn't eat at the hotel so can't make any comment . All in all this is good city centre hotel and if I was going to Singapore again I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms above 5th floor with view of the river
1 Thank Bees7
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I paid an extra S$90 a day to go from standard to crystal club. My room was just the right size for me, as I was travelling alone. It might be a bit tight for couples but everything is clean and well-maintained. The crystal club is on the tenth floor where breakfast is free and you can snack from 3pm to 11pm. I liked being in this level because it also included wifi in the room or in the club lounge area. Two articles of clothing will be cleaned for you daily also. A very special group of people work in the crystal club lounge - first class customer service and nothing is too much trouble for them. They even book tours and taxis for you. The swimming pool for all guests is a huge pool and spa. For Singapore, it's a reasonable price too. It took the pickup bus a bit longer than 40 minutes to deliver me to the hotel from the airport because he had to deliver everybody else to their hotels too. I suggest you take a S$25 taxi to the airport as it's a much shorter trip. Park Hotel also has a well-equipped gym but it's not supervised for those people who need assistance. Overall, a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors avoid the construction noise across the road and everywhere else in Singapore. I was...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo