“Good city centre hotel pity about the evening buffet”

Park Hotel Clarke Quay
Ranked #57 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed May 12, 2013

A good comfortable hotel. The rooms are not very big but have all that is needed except free wifi.
The staff were very helpful and the room well cleaned. We had a late check out 6pm and the room was serviced and clean towels provided on the last day. The pool area was very nice for a city centre hotel. Our only complaint was the evening buffet. We could not understand why the waitress was trying to get us to order a main course between us as well as the buffet until we went up to get our food. Starters were great as long as you like seafood, which we do, but the main course consisted of a couple of pizzas, a small selection of sausages and some sate. There were a few potato wedges in a small bowl but no real fillers such as pasta or rice. There was a small selection of deserts and cheese and biscuits. It was the poorest hotel buffet we have ever encountered. We don't normally eat in city hotels but on this occasion it was raining so hard it seemed the best option. We had not realised that Robertson Quay area was so close and once over the road we would have been under shelter. Clarke Quay is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel and it is a very atmospheric evening venue with lots of bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
PHCQExec_office, General Manager at Park Hotel Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and it was our great pleasure to have you as our guest.

First and foremost, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory dining experience you had. The restaurant offers a semi-buffet dinner on weekdays with a choice of main course from the menu; which my team member may have failed to explain to you.

On a positive note, I am truly delighted to learn that you have an enjoyable stay with us.

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you again to Park Hotel Clarke Quay in the not too far distant future!

Warmest regards
Angeline Tan

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This staycation I went recent was one of the value for money I had in Singapore. It is tough to find a good & pleasant hotel in Singapore, with quite surrounding yet near Clarke Quay. It is less than 10 mins walk to Clark Quay from the hotel. It is also situated at the heart of Robertson Quay. There are many clubs and restaurants at Robertson Quay.

If you prefer to have a nice quiet meal, you can walk around Robertson Quay and you will discover many options. If you prefer crowds, you can just walk through an underpass linked to Clarke Quay! There are more human traffic, more live bands in the restaurants, great food!

This hotel is great for couples, family and solo business stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

I am truly delighted to learn that you have an enjoyable stay with us. As well, we are grateful for your commendations towards the hotel's vibrant location and its facilities.

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us and certainly look forward to the pleasure of serving you again.

Warmest regards
Angeline Tan

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the park for a week the staff were friendly and helpful but it is just a basic multi storey hotel well located to Clarke quay and with in walking distance to most of singapores attractions. Clean but small rooms good enough for someone just looking for a base thats clean and friendly

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel is not at Clark Quay, but the Singapore River at Robertson Quay. You have to walk about 500 meters through the subway construction site (2015) to come to Clark Quay, the subway is still on. It is relatively modern and has a nice pool. The restaurant is relatively small, which is a problem in the morning. The majority of guests are tour groups that all have breakfast included. Thus, the atmosphere morning were as if your were at the station. You can not enjoy the pretty decent breakfast buffet. The service staff is very attentive.
The groups also get a room with a view of the Singapore River and the city center, the expensive individual booking so not worth it.

Das Hotel liegt nicht am Clark Quay, sondern am Robertson Quay des Singapore River. Man muss ca. 500 m durch die U-Bahnbaustelle (bis 2015) laufen, um zum Clark Quay zu kommen, zur U-Bahn ist es noch weiter. Es ist relativ modern und hat einen schönen Pool. Das Restaurant ist relativ klein, was am Morgen ein Problem ist. Die Masse des Publikums sind Reisegruppen, die alle Frühstück inklusive haben. So ist die Atmosphäre am Morgen wier auf dem Bahnhof. Man kann das recht ordentliche Frühstücksbüffet nicht genießen. Das Personal im Service ist sehr aufmerksam.
Die Gruppen bekommen auch die Zimmer mit dem Blick auf den Singapore River und das Stadtzentrum, das teure individuelle Buchen lohnt also nicht.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Haushaltungsvorstand
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Hotel looks good but rooms are small and it's all of the grandeur without having any. It's quite far away from normal tourist attractions and having to pay for WIFI in your room is antiquated. Rooms are clean, but overall this hotel leaves me underwhelmed.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank vets91
Reviewed May 9, 2013

When I was asked if I would mind going to work in Singapore for a three week period I jumped at the chance. I also knew exactly where I would be staying, The Park Hotel @ Clarke Quay. It is centrally located between Clarke Quay and Robertson Quay with easy access to The Riverwalk, restaurants, clubs, etc. It’s also about an even distance between a lot of attractions, like Gardens by the Bay, The Singapore Flyer and Orchard Street (for shopping).
Apart from its locale and it being a nice hotel, the main reason I choose to stay there for the second time was the club level. When I arrived, I instantly asked for the upgrade to The Crystal Club. It is well worth the additional fees. You have access to a private lounge on the 10th floor where you can get breakfast in the morning and drinks and a light meal in the evening (buffet style). But most importantly is the level of service you get from the young ladies that tend to the lounge. They are very attentive, polite, friendly and efficient in what they do. I was amazed that they not only remembered my name from my previous trip there (2-3 months prior); but they remembered what I drank for breakfast, how I liked my eggs cooked and what I liked for drinks in the evening. When I just happen to mention wanting to do something or check something out, they jump on it without me asking, and provide me with the information I need to make my decision. I highly recommend the Crystal Club at the Park Hotel, Clarke Quay for any travelers going to Singapore.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TexasProud70
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We arrived and the staff were polite but not massively engaging. The room was OK - a bit worn with the carpet looking a little thread bare in places and some skuff marks on the wall but clean which was the important thing. I am being a little harsh on the place as it was just as good as soom of the other placed we have stayed while on honeymoon but it was also a lot more expensive than others (i.e. 4 x the price for the same standards). I was a little disapointed as we had ordered a non smoking room but the room did smell of smoke when we first arrived - however the aircon did quickly get rid of this. Location is fairly good - about a 10 minute walk from Clarke Quay and a 20 minute walk to China Town. We had booked our room with no breakfast and the lady on reception was pushing quite hard for us to pay extra for it. However, she wanted 90 singaporian dollars for 2 people which we felt was extremely expensive. This did include wifi connectivity for on machine and a room on the next floor up. I don't know - it annoyed me a bit as I thought when you have paid around £110 for a room - breakfast and free wifi should be included! So in conclusion - it is OK but there are a lot of cheaper and better value options round. p.s. I'd eat in China Town - lovely food for around 10 sinagpore dollars for two as opposed to the 40-50 dollars they'd expect closer to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple