“New Location for Me”

Ranked #51 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Ellon, United Kingdom
“New Location for Me”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

A good location and friendly efficient staff. The Club is spacious with helpful staff. Nothing a problem and they do go "the extra mile". Unfortuately I did not have tike to try the pool....next time!

Room Tip: I stayed in a Club Room as I was on business. On many occassiobns over the years, I have stayed in t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PHCQExec_office, General Manager at Park Hotel Clarke Quay, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and it was our great pleasure to have you as our guest.

I am truly delighted to learn that you have an enjoyable stay with us on the Crystal Club Floor. As well, we are grateful for your commendations towards the hotel's vibrant location, its facilities and our quality service. It is a pity you did not have some time to enjoy our pool.. probably on your next visit with us !

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us and certainly look forward to the pleasure of serving you again.

Angeline Tan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,000)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Zhuhai, China
Reviewed November 1, 2012

A comfortable well run hotel, in a great location, 3 minutes walk from Clarke Quay. Good service, very friendly helpful staff, fantastic pool. Rooms are small - but that is pretty normal for Singapore. Fantastic shower, comfortable bed, 'ok' pillows (why don't hotels realise what a difference a good pillow makes??). We had the hotel buffet breakfast one morning ($20 a head) - usual fare, but a good range and fab omelets. We discovered a 'DeliFrance' in the shopping centre across the road the next day, and had a delicious breakfast of coffee and croissants.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool or river view room.
1 Thank Cazali

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We could not have asked for more. We arrived around 9:30 am after an overnight flight from Paris for a 2 night stay. Reception promised to find us a room as soon as possible and we were in by 11:00 am, despite the standard - and expected - 2:00 p.m check in time. The room was comfortable and had all comforts and conveniences you'd expect of a 4 star hotel. The outdoor pool is excellent. After eating at the nearby Clarke Quay on the first night, the poolside bar at the Park proved a far better, more enjoyable and better value meal on the second night with extremely pleasant service. And, after check out before noon on the last day, but having a near midnight onward flight departure, a room was available late in the afternoon to shower and otherwise freshen up before collecting our held luggage and heading to the airport. Quite simply, having stopped over in Singapore many times before and stayed in a different hotel each time, the Park is the pick of them all. The service experience was impeccable.

3 Thank Ian G
Dear Valued Guest

I am truly delighted to learn that you have an enjoyable stay with us. As well, we are grateful for your commendations towards the hotel's vibrant location, its facilities and our quality service. Thank you for your kind words and the positive feedback will definitely spur our team to strive further towards service excellence.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were able to book in at downstairs reception even though we had upgraded through a special on the internet - it appears since I wanted a smoking room we couldnt stay on the Club Superior floor which turned out well as I noted the ones who did smoke and stay on that floor had to go downstairs to reception and outside to smoke - maybe Park Hotel need to seriously look at an outside smokers room for this floor.

The swimming pool was lovely as was the view from Club Superior for breakfasts and cocktails in the afternoon - a very much appreciated social time in the evening.

The staff were lovely - we had no problems and liked our rooms too.

I like the proximity of shops and restaurants plus the train was not far away either and easy to get to lil India or Chinatown from there.
711's close by for the lil bits n pieces we needed.

Only mix up we had and didnt realise UNTIL we decided we really needed our room cleaned was the dont service the room housekeeping light, which had been left on from a previous client and we werent made aware of. But a quick call to housekeeping and the issues was quickly resolved.

A great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank walknlove
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great service from staff, especially the doormen... smallish rooms, but that's Singapore for you, pretty standard... Good location, close to lots of restaurants. Really good outdoor pool. They advertise Spa services, but in the brochure, they aren't for this hotel, just their other two properties in Singapore!

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
England
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We upgraded to the Crystal Club - there is only one good thing about this and this is the complimentary drinks and nibbles in the evening.

On arrival you go to the main reception only to be informed that they can not check you as the Crystal club check in is on the 10th floor. OK but why not have separate desk in the main reception where all guests arrive so they can go directly to the club check in. Small niggle.

On arrival check in at the Crystal Club was cool to say the least - no we did not feel like valued guests. We asked if we could go to the bar - it was 11pm and we were told it was closed. We went down stairs to have a cigarette outside the hotel when we saw a couple at the bar - we enquired if it was still open, and were informed we could have either beer or wine - why we couldn't have anything else remains a mystery. We had one beer and turned in.

The room: We read other reviews and expected it to be small but it really is very very small. The bed is like sleeping on a brick. I would hate to stay in a standard room. The bathroom had a good shower - this really is the only good thing about the room. The view - was of a shopping mall, I was expecting better considering we had upgraded.

Breakfast: Crystal club lounge has a good view - nice seating and a reasonable breakfast. Nothing spectacular but adequate. Good coffee.

Drinks and nibbles in the Lounge: Worth having - Evelyn was a good hostess ensuring that everyone had their drink of choice. Food was of good quality.

Staff: On check out the young man that checked us out couldn't have come across more disinterested if he tried. Basically you are checking out - they no longer have to be nice to you, they don't even ask if you want a bell boy to take your bags. Check out was painfully slow, they swipe your credit card on arrival - they have all of your details, so why they have to make such a meal of compiling a bill and stappling various copies together is beyond me. Express check out is a remarkable thing...

There are far far better hotels out there in Singapore - give them a try.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PHCQExec_office, General Manager at Park Hotel Clarke Quay, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

First and foremost, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory experience. It certainly comes as such a disappointment to learn of your comments on the service rendered at our Crystal Club. Please be assured that the respective department head has duly taken note for immediate improvement on the areas concerned.

We certainly look forward to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Park Hotel Clarke Quay; and more importantly, in regaining your trust in us again !

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband won a night's stay at Park Hotel and we stayed there for 2D1N just this weekend. We were very happy initially as we had a good room with nice view at the Club floor. However, in my haste during check-out, I left my Calvin Klein bandeau bikini top at the top of the bedside lamp. I called on the day itself that I checked out and enquire about it as I am positively sure it's left there as it's not found anywhere in my luggage (I have got my bottom though). Spoken to the line manager, Mr Kumar and all he could reply was, he checked with the cleaner who packed the room and he said NOTHING was reported at lost and found. I asked if he could check with the existing guests if they found something. He said he is positive it is not in the room anymore because that spot is hard to miss and will not be missed by the cleaner. So I asked him what does that mean? That I have it with me and I am calling to create a din? It is an utter demeaning insult to a GUEST who has had a good stay and just checked out in less than 24 hours. Shocking that there is nothing more he can provide in terms of service or even volunteering to compensate for the loss of it. I am extremely gutted because the bandeau top is bought online, not cheap and sold out, so it is lost forever and it was a gift from my husband.

Extremely let down by the response and level of service after an overall good stay and all he could keep repeating to me was "There is nothing in lost and found." He made no further initiative in more thorough investigation into housekeeping or an offer for some form of compensation.

I am beyond disappointed by the level of service in this hotel for something that is precious to me lost even though I have repeated told Mr Kumar about it that it is something that is very hard to replace, not a top that i can troop down to Orchard Road to get a replacement.

Very sad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank VGJT
PHCQExec_office, General Manager at Park Hotel Clarke Quay, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing Park Hotel Clarke Quay as your preferred choice of stay during your recent visit to Singapore.

We are certainly concerned to learn of your experience regarding the lost item and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the any inconvenience caused. I trust my Front Office Manager has contacted you to explain in details on our findings.

Nonetheless, I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.