“Nice hotel, would stay again”

Park Hotel Clarke Quay
Ranked #50 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Wellington, New Zealand
“Nice hotel, would stay again”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Stayed here for one night in a superior (standard) room as part of Singapore airlines stopover package. Arrived early morning and got into our room straight away which was much appreciated. Room didn't have the nice river view that others have mentioned but for only 1 night it didn't matter. It was definitely small but well formed. AC system worked well - big plus there! My one niggle is the drains in the bathroom (shower and basin) were obviously blocked and didn't drain well which annoyed me, theres just something unhygienic about it, and I don't expect to find it in a good hotel like this. Didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment but we did enjoy the pool especially after dark when it was nice and quiet. Overall would definitely stay here again, its an easy walking distance to Clarke Quay, Robertsons Quay and MRT. Staff are very friendly though they could do with more than 2 on the desk as the wait can be long if the reception area is busy.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank wellienz
PHCQExec_office, Manager at Park Hotel Clarke Quay, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing Park Hotel Clarke Quay as your preferred choice of stay during your recent visit to Singapore.

We appreciate your taking time to provide us your constructive feedback on the hotel facilities which we will take on board to seek improvements where possible. Please do accept our sincerely apologies for the bathroom drainage defects and we have since rectified it.

However, I am glad to learn that you have an enjoyable stay with us.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and constructive observation with us and it would be our great pleasure to welcome you again to Park Hotel Clarke Quay in the not too far distant future!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (993)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 5 days, even though we booked a non smoking room the first room they gave us definitely had had a smoker staying in it. Because of my husband's bronchitis we requested another room only to be told there were non available unless we paid more for the room. I asked how much for the stay and was told $220. Imagined our dismay when we came to pay our bill to find it was $220 extra per night and they charged us for 4 nights not 3 as on the original booking. So beware, if you change rooms you lose the 4 for 3 saving and the price quoted is per night not for total stay. I might add the first room had no storage for clothing, it only had two small drawers in the wardrobe and 40cms of hanging space, very little for 2 people, and no storage or room in the tiny bathroom for personal items. We have contacted the hotel but have had no satisfaction so we would not recommend it to anyone unless they have a healthy credit card. We were forced to pay an extra $1035 on top of the original booking.

Room Tip: All the rooms are small by Australian standards with limited storage. AC is turned down by hotel mas...
3 Thank Linda P
Dear Valued Guest

We appreciate you taking time to provide us your constructive feedback on the hotel facilities which we will take on board to seek improvements where possible. I trust that we have communicated and clarified with you through various emails. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory experience during your stay with us.

I hope that you will not let this deter you from visiting us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hotel Clarke Quay.

Shellharbour, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My fiance and I stayed here for 4 nights in early November 2011. The room was a little small (but this is to be expected in Singapore). We were also disappointed that they did not provide free wi-fi in our room, which I think should be standard in all rooms everywhere. Apart from that we found the hotel to be excellent in every way. The staff were wonderful in booking any trips we wished to take. The room was clean and maintained to a very high standard. The pool was amazing. And in an over-priced city like Singapore the rooms were reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Get a river view room. The view looking out the front of the hotel is very average.
1 Thank jodie_amanda
Dear Valued Guest

I am truly delighted to learn that you have an enjoyable stay with us and we are grateful for your commendations towards the hotel, its facilities and our quality services. As well, we have noted on your disappointment that we do not provide free Wi-Fi. However, we would like to avail you the option to book through our website which we do offer packages which caters to various needs for your next intended visit to Singapore.

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you again to Park Hotel Clarke Quay in the not too far distant future!

Wrexham
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Stayed here for two nights and were very happy with our accommodation. Though the room wasn't very large it was comfortable and the fantastic view more than compensated. The pool was a huge plus - lovely to swim in it at night with the lights and lights of the Singapore skyline beyond. I twice took the free shuttle which runs between the other Park Hotels in the city. The driver was extremely helpful, once when I was the only passenger he went out of his way to drop me off and collect me directly from the Singapore Flyer. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking pool - view of pool area and wonderful city skyline beyond
1 Thank sailaway33
Dear Valued Guest

I am truly delighted to learn that you have an enjoyable stay with us and we are grateful for your commendations towards the hotel, its facilities and our quality service.

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This hotel is in an good location close to the Clarke Quay eateries. Check in was smooth and efficient. Good variety of choices at the buffet breakfast. I would recommend this hotel as we had no issues with the room or service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gmaspin
PHCQExec_office, Manager at Park Hotel Clarke Quay, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Dear Valued Guest

I am truly delighted to learn that you have an enjoyable stay with us and we are grateful for your commendations towards the hotel and its facilities.

Surrey
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed in the Park Hotel Clarke Quay for 4 nights in November 2011. I wasn't overly impressed by this hotel, I had booked 2 rooms (one double and one twin Single occupancy), We arrived late in the evening and were informed that there was no double rooms available and that they can change our room tomorrow morning which was fine and I can understand this as during my student years I worked in a hotel reception but I got really annoyed as there was no apology from the staff for the inconvenience caused, also the twin rooms we were given were on different floors.

Our room and the whole fifth floor smelt of cigarettes although I had asked for a non smoking room. The room was changed the next day and 2nd room was OK but you could hear the pipes really loudly every time someone in the adjoining rooms was in the toilet or the shower. The 2nd room that we had from the first night smelt of damp. The carpet in all the rooms looked old and I didn't feel they were clean.

I went to the reception couple of times to ask a question and the mobile phone of the receptionist went off before I was finished and they answered the phone and continued talking while I was standing there. I find this not acceptable and I think its pretty rude, reception staff are expected to smile and help the guest and not to snub them

On the positive note, the breakfast was nice and the hotel location is pretty good, there is only a 5min walk to Robertson Quay and the area next to the river is beautiful and there are lots of choices for food.

Reviews of this hotel were generally good on Trip advisor but I disagree. I found this hotel not to be at the standard that was expected and its pretty average

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Miti81
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing Park Hotel Clarke Quay as your preferred choice of stay during your recent visit to Singapore and for taking the time to share your feedback.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory experience you had with our Front Desk personnel. Please be rest assured that the respective department head has addressed this shortcoming with the team concerned.

Once again, our sincere apologies on the inconvenience caused and hope this isolated incident will not deter you from using our hotel. We certainly look forward to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Park Hotel Clarke Quay, Singapore!

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Had no issues with this hotel. Location isn't central but in Singapore you're not that far from everywhere and taxis are cheap.
Good service, clean rooms and rate was quite comparable with similar accommodation. Overall, recommended

• Stayed November 2011