“Wonderful hotel & staff!”

The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #6 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Ahmedabad, India
“Wonderful hotel & staff!”
Reviewed March 19, 2009

My husband and I splurged a bit and chose the Quincy based on a few photos and great pricing for the season. It was an amazing hotel! We were immediately impressed with the limo sent and a very friendly and helpful driver. The hotel staff greeted us and continued to treat us with perfect mix of professionalism, genuine kindness and personal service.

We didn't even realize the rate was all-inclusive and thought the hotel would have been worth it without all of the added amenities. Although, the firm encouraging from the staff to really take advantage of the included meals, mini-bar and snacks was a lovely change from 'normal' hotels charging for everything that isn't nailed down. My husband was in love with the coffee/espresso machine, which did make a perfect cup of your choosing. The breakfast buffet was fresh and good and the one dinner we had was also good. We would have eaten there more if there wasn't so many other great options for foodies in Singapore. The rooms were not large but very well equipped and thought-out and the beds heavenly. The pool area on the 12th floor was fantastic and private with great views. We have a love of modern architecture and interiors so this hotel was perfect for us and paired with the excellent staff, was a great choice! If ever we're back in Singapore, this will be our first choice.

• Liked — The staff and the hotel's ammenities
  • Disliked — Had to leave eventualy.
  • Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank HeeterC
QuincyCoolBoss, Hotel Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, May 29, 2009
I am so impressed with your words "perfect mix of professionalism, genuine kindness and personal service" WOW...
We decided to treat our customers as we treat our friends and your words are the reflexion of the results.
Here at Quincy, we work off the norms, we are Qool while professional and fast, I am so glad you noticed all the small gestures.

Do come baQ whenever you want, we will make sure you have an ever better stay...

Franck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed March 16, 2009

I was eating at the restaurant at the lobby level and overheard a conversation between a couple and a manager from the hotel. I was alone, and as tables are near each other, i could hear most of their conversation.
The lady spoke about trip advisor, i had no clue what this was until I reached my room and surfed the net (for free as it is inclusive in the rate).
I now understand what it was all about, not only I discover a good website with a lot of hotel reviews, but I now also get why this lady kept saying "it is so unfair".
I read the review called Buyer beware as well as the other two, which are in all fairness very good.
Before I give my feedback, I have to say that Raymond must be a flea market addict as I would never categorized this hotel as such.
In fact, it is modern, excellent staff, very practical rooms, there is all you need for when you travel.
The lobby looks gorgeous, it is not a big hotel so do not expect big rooms, big restaurant. The concept there is like athome, you help yourself at the buffet, you press for your desired coffee (free all day long), itis convenient, easy, you do not need to wait for anything.
I found Quincy a bargain, so for value for money it is a 5 for sure, at $208 for a room on the 11th floor, with a huge window and a see-through bathroom, and all inclusive such as limousine pick up (Mercedes), free minibar, free internet, free breakfast, free lunch and dinner, free drinks, free laundry I thought my $208 were very well spent for once. At this price, you get a room only anywhere else in Singapore, especially in this part of town. It is off Orchard road, ok 6 minutes walk but when you reach the hotel, it is so quiet and peaceful, and the hotel is reserved to hotel guests, making it very private.
If I have the chance tomorrow, I will speak to this couple and tell them what I did and if I see the caucasian gentleman tomorrow I will also tell him that I rate the hotel highly and in all fairness, they are trying so hard to make you feel special.
The rooms are very practical, large writing desk, large flat screen TV (I plugged in my laptop in the TV, it is huge and something I can not do at home)
The pool is on the 12th floor with sauna and steam room.
The girls at the reception are all beautiful and helpful, there is a right amount of politeness, professionalism and enthusiasm in this hotel, that once you have stayed there, you just want to come back.

Quincy was not my first choice before, but has definitely become my top hotel in Singapore, I have to agree with the fantabulous review.

Keep it up.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank OliverinUK
QuincyCoolBoss, Hotel Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, June 8, 2009
Dear Oliver,

Than Q so much for such a great review of Quincy, but also for this long write up!...

Well, what can I say apart from letting you know that the team was amazed to read it and felt so positive that they want to even go further in their personal service.

As we say, it takes a team effort to make it happen and they certainly do create a special atmosphere at Quincy, Qool staff meet Qool customers...

Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Quincy had only been open 3 weeks when we stayed in Feb so we expected a few bugs....happily we found none.
From the moment we arrived,staff were attentive & helpful,even arranging specific food options for my wife who has a gluten/wheat intolerance.
Manager Franck was charming & keen for feedback.

The rooms are definitely modern design,its clear a lot of thought has gone into the styling although they are in need of a splash of colour.
Bathroom had bath & shower with fantastic pressure,much appreciated by 2 Aussies on water restrictions at home.
Huge plasma tv & small window ledge couch provided ample comfort,bed was massive & comforting.
I have no idea what the previous reviewer is on about,very hard to please?

Quincy provides all meals in the tariff & they were fresh & tasty.
Breakfast was standard buffet with plenty of options,perhaps lunch/dinner could offer more local fare in time rather than the Italian emphasis from the kitchen next door?

Pool was a highlight,towels & water everywhere & amazing view.
Location is quiet & a short stroll from Orchard Rd,we will definitely be back

John & Kathryn

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sethlad2
My dear Aussie Qool customers,

Well, I hope you come back quick to enjoy again the powerful shower experience and I reassure you that we do not have any water restriction here...in fact, the water element is visible and can be heard throughout the hotel in the right way...

Than Q for your nice review of Quincy and also for remembering my name, as you said, i am very open to feedback, I am happy when guests approach me and ask "are you Franck?", then I know it must be linked to tripadvisor...

The team sends you a hug from Q...

Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Very clean and modern, and the staff are nice, but the decor is tasteless and soulless; room furnishings are cold, hard, and uncomfortable. A small swatch of carpet beneath the bed is the only touch of warmth to the room, otherwise there are very hard (freezing cold) floors. Mirrors and aluminium abound. Terrible value for money, for what is available in Singapore. Yes, there are three meals a day, but my "filet of salmon" was deep-fried, and the sauce on my ravioli tasted like it came from a can. Everything in this hotel looks and feels like it was purchased at a "modern furniture" flea market. Don't stay here unless you have ginger-ale tastes and a champagne budget.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank Raymond_Carver
Dear Raymond,

I have sent you 2 messages via trip advisor and never got a reply from you, so I have decided to post my answer so it can be visible to all readers and make it fair.

Of course, than Q for sending your review to trip advisor, a large majority of our customers are extremely happy with what Quincy has to offer, it looks like Q is not the right hotel for you and we appreciate your honesty...

If you need my help to find you the right hotel matching your taste and requirements, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be delighted to guide you...

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Attracted by the grand opening deal, I booked for three nights at the Quincy in February. Including all three meals, airport pickup and bar fridge in the tariff is pretty good. Note the small print: the limo trip is one way only. And you can't get too far out of it on the two beers in the fridge! The pool and gym on level 12 were great. The food was passable, although a little more variety in the breakfasts would help. Location is fine, particulalrly using the short cut through the Goodwood park carpark to Scotts Road. All in all worth staying again while the introductory tariff remains.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank DazzlerSydney
QuincyCoolBoss, Hotel Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, March 16, 2009
Dear Dazzler Sydney,

Thank you very much for your Qool review of Quincy, and yes, you are right saying we include a one way transfer from the airport to our hotel. We can nevertheless organize for a taxi or a limousine at a very reasonable rate.

My team and I thank you for taking the time to send your review to tripadvisor.com and we hope to welcome you back at Quincy very soon,

Singapore
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Never have I been so happy and well-fed in a city hotel. Such a fantastic concept, single room type, one inclusive price, fantastic location, chic interiors, quite simply THE BEST HOTEL in Singapore.

Took advantage of soft opening special at sgd198++ (for one), checked in for the weekend, didn't realise its only 2 min from Paragon, but seemed like miles away from the usual Orchard Road rahrah. Located right next to Elizabeth Hotel, the pool and all overlook Goodwood Park hotel and precint.

Requested and was given a room on the 13th floor, highest being 14. Room is small but functional, king bed super comfy, no sofa but cushion on window edge, work table by the wall, directly under TV, so if you're using wired internet access its uncomfortable to watch tv at the same time. There's a direct connection panel on the wall under the TV with HDMI, USB, DVD and PC input points and all cables are in the drawer. The minibar is also complementary with the usual canned drinks and SIX 700ML BOTTLES OF WATER!! I do not know of any other hotel that does that.

Bathroom has a separate shower stall and tub, partioned from the room by a glass panel (opaqued from outside), with blinds of course. Its stocked with plenty of thick fluffy towels, molten brown toiletries, toilet bowl with bidet, power rainshower. Oh and the mirror doesnt fog not sure if its antifog but it certainly didn't seem like you were trying to see yourself in the steam room.

Recreational facilities on the 12th floor, pool is glass encased, area has louge beds and sofas, and gym is right next door, also has steam and sauna rooms.

All meals are included and served in the dining area on ground floor adjacent to lobby. Breakfast variety is of course limited, but one can never go hungry because lunch is only a few hours away. They've got fixed menus for lunch and dinner, and you get to choose a main course from 15 options (I think but definitely more than 10) comprising local stuff such as nasi goreng and others like club sandwich, beef burger, grilled salmon etc. You'd think since meals are included they'll offer inflight meal portions, but no they came up with food you'll gladly pay for in a cafe. Right-sized mains with crunchy wedges or fries, with dessert (both meals) and soup for dinner. Freeflow drinks and mini salad/fruit bar also available, alcohol in the evening. On the day of checkout you can also have lunch. How AMAZING is that. The cafe apparently is run by Modestos.

Quite a number of Chinese staff - front-desk personnel, they're grads from Chinese Unis and English is not a problem, service is attentive, nothing is too much of a trouble. The lobby has 2 Apple terminals so if no worries if you don't have a lappie. Oh and the room also comes with a limo transfer which I didn't utlize but they paid for my cab fare so WELL DONE QUINCY AND FAR EAST. LOOK NOWHERE ELSE THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank t-puk
Dear Fantabulous Reviewer,

What a fantastic review you gave to the Quincy team, who has really been emotional reading your great words...

I can not thank you enough for the wonderful encouragement you have given us, I will personally ensure that Quincy stays a Qool hotel to stay at in Singapore.

Fantabulous, you are Fab,