“Boutique-like, comfortable and FREE ice cream”

The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #6 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is situated near Orchard but not on the strip so it's quieter and more relaxing but close enough to make getting around the city easy. The hotel offers all-inclusive packages and included airport pick up which was a nice start to our stay after a 9 hour overnight flight. The pool on the 12th floor is lovely and the gym well-equipped. Bottled water is readily available and the hotel includes breakfast (buffet), lunch and dinner (a la carte). It even has free self-serve ice cream and espresso coffee between 6am and 10pm. Beds are comfortable and rooms clean.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MikeyMikeAus
The_Quincy_Hotel, Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear MikeyMikeAus,

ThanQ so much for your superb words.
It is important nowadays to ensure that guests have a great
value for their money and it looks like you had a Fab time with us.

There are newer reviews for The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed one night, but was very pleased! The interior of the hotel + room was chic and modern. Right out of some interior magazine. My room was clean, spacious and had huge windows. Great view too.The bed was comfy, and the bathroom was good too. I didn't have much toiletries, but found everything I needed. High quality products too! Also, there was a nice pool with clean towels + complimentary water right next to it, and also a small but nice gym. Both clean and in good condition.

The price included breakfast, lunch and dinner. + One drink at coctail time. (The food was nice, but not spectacular.) I was also driven to the airport with no extra charge. Now that's great value.

And the service was great! I was very tired and hungry when I checked in, but the lady behind the counter, Zydney put me in a good mood because she was very professional and cheerful. Check in took some time because she said she tried to get me a better room (much appreciated)

Also, she took the time to follow me to my room and show me where things were located, and how everything worked inside the room. I've never experienced that before even though I've stayed in many hotels. Zydney also knew how to pronounce my last name perfectly, which is near impossible for non-vietnamese people. That's NOT important of course, but it made me smile. Also: I asked her for a paper clip because I wanted to change the sim card of my iPhone.

When I had lunch in the restaurant and had completely forgotten about the paper clip, she came over and gave it to me with a smile. If the other staff are as attentive and professional as Zydney, the have a winning team.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank oslotraveler1978

Dear Oslotraveler1978,

ThanQ for the long description of your stay with us.
We loved it from start to finish...
Zydney was super happy to see her name mentioned.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

A very pleasurable stay at the Quincy hotel. Hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating. Services provided were excellent. Only issue experienced was a plumbing problem which was rectified soon after being reported.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with StayFarEast.com
1  Thank Nate274

Dear Nate274,

ThanQ for such an excellence review.
It is very rewarding to receive compliments from guests like you who
have enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The room was great; comfortable bed, the room was quiet, and especially liked being able to help myself to cold drinks from the free minibar. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, and it was great being able to use the showers by the pool before heading to a late-night flight home. The only downsides: 1) the dinner menu was very ordinary, 2) the dining area was small and cramped.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with StayFarEast.com
1  Thank Tracy B
The_Quincy_Hotel, Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Tracy B,

ThanQ so much for your Qool review and superb title.
Q team and I are extremely happy your stay went so well.
We noted your points for improvement.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The staff is friendly, and very helpful, room was modern and clean, in-room internet connection is for free which is nice, breakfast was bad : not so much choices, juices were not fresh and tasted really bad, and the bread tasted abit old, the best is the location of the hotel, just 5 mnt walk from Orchard road

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MirsAmst
The_Quincy_Hotel, Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Miss_ams,

ThanQ for taking time to share your recent experience in Quincy.
We are sorry to hear that we did not reach the 'hype'factor.
Qool team noted the - points and will work towards improvement.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this hotel as it has some good points but also things which I didn't like or enjoy.

Pros:
- All inclusive package means you get meals, free WiFi, 2-pc laundry, airport pickup.
- Staff are generally helpful and one in particular went out of her way to find me a box that I needed to transport some fragile things.
- Blackout blinds were good for sleeping in.
- Molton Brown soap pretty good and replenished daily.
- Orchard road is a 5-10 minute walk away depending on how fast you walk.

Things that could be better:
- For people who are sensitive to smells like myself, you might be bothered by what I found to be the strong scent that permeates the entire hotel, especially in the lobby. I had to escape the lobby while waiting for my family members but there is not much shelter outside the lobby so I got pretty hot . For others who are not sensitive to smells however, it might not be a problem. I however, have never been bothered by scents in other hotels whether in Singapore or elsewhere. In fact, usually, I enjoy the comforting smell of hotels, but Quincy has a strong perfum-y type scent - at least to my nose.
- Sink design - the bathroom sink stopper did not appear able to be lifted without using your fingers which is not a very pleasant thought. They should have a very obvious lever or button like conventional hotel sinks. And the tap is so close to the sink it is hard to fill the kettle. I had to use a cup to transfer water to the kettle.
- Too little counter space in the bathroom.
- TV selection not very wide.
- The free food in the mini bar was a packet of chips and cookies. I would have preferred freshly baked items instead.
- Staff are generally helpful but more smiles would have been nice.

I could not find my phone charger upon return to my house and when I called the hotel, they said that housekeeping did not find it either.

I was rather disappointed with the curtness of the response as even if housekeeping didn't find it, they could have commiserated with my losing the charger and promise to keep an eye out in case it turns up and notify me if they do find it.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a wider window seat
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank weiaze

Dear weiaze,

ThanQ for your details account on Quincy.
We really appreciate your review.
Qool team will definitely look into the areas of concern.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

very clean hotel.The staff friendly.The service exceptional.the next time, i'll stay there again.
the room was big with a queen size bed ,tv set, asmall refrigerator .there was free water, we were able to make tea or cofee free of charge.we were very surprised to findv out that we could give two items of clothin for free cleaning our staying inclouded breakfast,lunch,a soft drink the afternoon and dinner,

Room Tip: all rooms are good.the space is enough.it worths to choose this hotel.it;s an important experience
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear NafplioEudokia,

ThanQ for sharing your wonderful experience with us.
It is very rewarding to receive compliments from
guest like you who have enjoyed your stay.