“Fantastic!”

The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #6 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed here for a night for business purposes. I chose the hotel based on other reviews and I have to say I was very impressed and will stay here again when I am next in Singapore. The rooms are very comfortable and well equipped. The air con in my room wasn't working properly when I arrived and they sent somebody up straight away and he fixed it. The staff are very attentive and strive to please. The amenities provided are top quality, and the attention to detail in the fixtures and fittings in the room is great. A very trendy place, with very friendly and helpful staff. Only slight downside was the breakfast which wasn't very hot. it was included in my already competitive room rate though so I wasn't bothered too much. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank_1978S
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Dear Frank_1978S,

I thank you for reinforcing the positive comments given by majority of our guests and for believing that Quincy ‘really does deserve a positive rating ! This is definitely music to our ears!

Apart from the little challenges in air conditioning standards and breakfast items wasn't really hot , I am pleased that everything else was to your satisfaction, including the room set up,inroom amenities and pleased to know my team is providing our best always.

We look forward to your next vist soon !

Cheers, Qool Regards,

There are newer reviews for The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality

Reviewed June 10, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Quincy for 2 nights as a short stop over. I found the Quincy went out of their way above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and nothing was too much trouble. The all inclusive package was totally worthwhile. The slight hick up was the airport pick up. But this was understandable as we had booked our room through expedia..Breakfast was simple but tasty. I found the hotel great value for money and the staff courteous and friendly. . Would definately recommend this little boutique hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lobster1973
Peggy T, Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Hello lobster1973,

ThankQ for your feedback.

I appreciate your taking time to write about your “ fantastic experience”.
I apologized for the unpleasant experience regards to the Limo pick up.

Nevertheless, it is a delight to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stay overall – the room, pool, all-inclusive concept, food, location, and most especially the service.

We look forward to your next visit real soon...

Qool Regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as a couple for one night as part of our anniversary celebrations. Rooms were clean, staff were exceptionally friendly and the pool on the 12th floor, though small, had a really nice ambience to it. The staff, knowing it was our anniversary gave us a card and tiramisu, adding on to their already impeccable service. The interior of the hotel is also really trendy, I think they won a tripadvior award for trendiest hotel 2011.

However, please book this hotel through the Quincy website directly. I booked mine from a third party website and did not get the complimentary meals and mini fridge goodies ! The price difference was around $40 before tax !

Overall we liked this hotel alot. Breakfast was good too, just remember to book it through the right channels.

• Stayed: June 2012

Hello iamboring,

ThankQ ThankQ for your feedback !

Your heartwarming compliments and high ratings assure us that our efforts on providing thoughtful and personalized service do not go unnoticed.

A personalized occassion card is just one of the many small things we do to show that we care and it is heartwarming when guests appreciate these simple surprises.

I am pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us and love it all.

Myself and my Q team awaits your next visit to Quincy....

Cheers & Qool Regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I’ve stayed at the Quincy a number of times as it is a favourite of a work colleague.

It is modern and has a certain quirky charm. The Molton Brown amenities are nice and the rooms are modern and sophisticated. Much nicer than an average 4 – 4.5 star room. But they are small. Very small. I like the window seat though.

I understand that all the rooms are the same size… I do like the pool deck, which is a good place to seek refuge from the cramped confines of your room. The location is average. It is peaceful, but a 5 – 10 minute walk to Orchard (past Mt Elizabeth Hospital) or to Scotts Rd (cutting through to Goodwood Park Hotel car park).

Some say it represents good value because meals are included as is mini-bar and 2 pieces of laundry. To be frank, I think this is a gimmick. The mini-bar isn't a tru minibar (two tins of Carlsberg, Pepsi and Pepsi lite, some chrysanthenum tea, some snack size crisps and two minure noodles... The food is okay... nothing to write home about. You can get wonderful food in Singapore and it would be a shame if visitors just ate here. Free-flow wine between 6am and 8pm is good, but the wine is cheap wine (though not in Singapore, where there is no such thing as cheap wine!). The complimentary airport pick-up is nice and will save you a $25 cab fare.

I think the theme is that it is meant to be like a home away from home – you get picked up from the airport, you help yourself to the fridge, you can get your washing done, you get average food… it is cute, I guess... I may just be getting a bit snobby!

Room Tip: They all seem to be the same!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Great place to stay, with very good service. Everything was smooth. Amenities, pools. Great view.

• Stayed: June 2012

Hello Andrnzkra,

ThankQ for posting your review.

You gave us a perfect score, loved our room and staff, so we are pretty sure we’ll see you again on your next trip to Singapore. :)

Qool regards & Cheers,

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Picked this hotel because the over rating is so high here, only to find out it is totally over priced and overrated!
When I first walked into this hotel,it was lot smaller than I expected. Waiting time for check in was reasonable though no free wifi was offered. Once I walked into my room, it sure was a small room & small bed,and the smell from the toilet was rather strong....
The room was very warm but I was in a hurry to go to a meeting,so I had the air con set at 18 degree before leaving. When I came back after dinner, the room temperature was at still 23 degree and could not go any lower even until the next morning.
The only thing that I liked about this hotel was its location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Spivv

Dear Spiw,

Greetings from Quincy !

However, I apologize that your experience was not as excellent as what most of our guests had and I thank you for your feedback...

I aplogozie for the air conditioning glitches that has affected your stay with us.

I do hope to see you again for a better Q experience !

Qool Regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2012

we paid for a limo airport pick-up, but nobody showed..quiet dissapointed, but they paid it back by arranged us a limo to drop us to the airport. Hotel is very nice, modern, stylist and clean. The rooms is all non-smoking room, but the have big terrace next the restaurant available for the smokers.. last thing about the food..well for people who have sweet teeth like us, this could be a disaster.. They NEED to expand their menu variation!

Room Tip: ask the corner room..more spacious!! ;-)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Viva W,

ThankQ for sharing your feedback with us.

I have noted the points you raised on LIMO pick up, food varieties especially for desserts. Rest assured we will work on it.
Glad to know you like our hotel concept and we always strive to do better.

Please do remember Quincy when you are back in Singapore for a holiday… :-)

Qool regards,