“Great boutique hotel with amazing perks” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality

The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #6 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great boutique hotel with amazing perks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at the Quincy during our first trip to Singapore from 11/23 - 11/27. We chose it based on Trip Advisor reviews, location (5-10 min. walk from Orchard Road shopping district and MRT station), and price.

The Trip Advisor reviews for the Quincy are right on the money. This is a great boutique hotel at a great price, considering all the perks. The hotel is clean and modern but not fussy. It is described as very "trendy," but I did not think it any trendier than a W Hotel, for example, and the staff was certainly very friendly and accomodating. The hotel seems to make an attempt to make guests feel at home, with free yoga on Sat., cupcake baking classes on Sat., and once/week "movie night" at the very cool infinity pool on the 12th floor. If I were a business traveller in Singapore, I think this would be a very comforting place to stay.

Included in our room rate ($235/night) was a limo transfer from the airport, two free pieces of laundry or drycleaning/day (LOVED THIS, having been in humid Thailand the week before), free Wi-Fi (excellent speed and connection on my iPhone), free local calls, free minibar( water, tea, soda, beer), free cocktails from 6-8 PM, and breakfast/lunch/dinner. We did not eat 3 meals a day, but found the hotel food to be pretty decent. Breakfast was a buffet with Asian and Western options. The pasta we had for dinner was surprisingly good, but there are simply too many great places to eat in Singapore to be eating at the hotel all the time!

The rooms are small (like NYC or any large city) but well-designed and feel larger than they are. The beds were a bit firm for my taste, but linens were nice quality and pillows soft. Bath was good-sized with separate (large) tub and shower. The toilet was Japanese-style with attached bidet. Toiletries were by Molton Brown, always a plus. We had no significant trouble with noise during our stay.

We did not use the pool or workout rooms but did check them out. The pool is very nice with a lovely city view and free water, sodas, and beer and towels available at the pool. The workout area is small but has very nice, new, state-of-the art machines.

We enjoyed our stay at the Quincy very much. When we return to Singapore, we would definitely consider returning. I think I might have preferred a location closer to the river as I am not a big shopper, but a similarly charming hotel there (Fullerton was beautiful) would have been twice as expensive.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sewaneegal
QuincySingapore, Front Office Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Hello Sewaneegal!

ThanQ for your sharing your Q experience.

It is always a pleasure to read such positive comments about our hotel and I am glad to know that we have succeeded in meeting your expectations.

Whether guests stay for a few nights or longer, one thing is for sure… Our team will always strive to make sure they have a wonderful and comfortable stay and call Quincy their “home away from home”.

Your Q team is looking forward to welcoming you home soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

Everything about our stay at the Quincy Hotel went so smoothly. It was an absolute pleasure to stay there. The airport pick up was perfect. We arrived in time for some dinner, then had a short stroll along Orchard Road before returning to the supremely clean and comfortable room. We had arranged a late checkout the following day so were able to get a couple of pieces of laundry done as well. All staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. We couldn't have asked for more from our stay.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank April J
QuincySingapore, Front Office Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Hi AquagirlAustralia,

ThanQ for sharing your wonderful experience!

It is always heartwarming and rewarding to receive compliments about the excellent service the team provides. This will certainly encourage them to strive and become better :)

We look forward to welcoming you again soon for another hassle-free stay at Q!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

Quincy

Just back from my Singapore trip not too long ago. Choose this hotel because of the reviews in Tripadvisor. Was very satisfied with my stay.

Just a small problem, I didn't know the hotel is located at uphill which I need to walk up and down to Orchard. Walking down is not a problem but walking up is a major problem for me as I need to carry a 9 months old baby with me all the time, plus some shopping bags.

I have booked for 2 nights but wanted to check out the next day because of the uphill location. Spoke to Leo, Assistant Manager of the hotel but was informed that my money will be forfeited for the next day as I have fully paid for a promotion package. However he offered me a free upgrade and a teddy bear to my baby. We named the bear "Quincy" to remind us of this wonderful trip. I was very pleased with the way he handled the situation and helping us during our stay. I have stayed in many hotels, some are much better hotels but this hotel offers one of the best service.

Pros:
Neat, clean and modern room
Free minibar
Free limousine pick up
Free local calls
Excellent service
Good food, for both lunch & dinner

Cons:
Breakfast variety is very limited
Location ( I don't it is a problem for most people unless you have a baby like me or you having walking problem)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello emmoo,

Many thanks for taking time to share your Q experience.

I am delighted that you were very satisfied with your stay and the way Leo handled your concerns.

The uphill walk back to the hotel might be inconvenient for someone with a 9-month old baby or after a long day of shopping… But it’s also good exercise! :) Glad that you enjoyed the benefits that came with the room package and trust you had a good rest in our comfortable bed.

The Q team hopes your lovely baby would take care of Quincy Bear!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

I tried hard yet failed to notice any significant aspect of this hotel that supposed to make it a great hotel. Location wise, its ok if you don't mind walk up and down hill. The level of service is perhaps the most jarring disappointment. Nevermind that the staffs can't even address guests by their name, they are simply nothing much to shout about other than hypocrite. If I have to pay that sort of money again, I would have done it just like how we spent our weekend last week. Pay additional $10 stay in a 5 star hotel!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jimmyong911
Hi jimmyong911,

ThanQ for sharing your thoughts on this platform.

I am quite concerned to read about the quality of service you experienced during your stay.

I agree with you that addressing guests by name is one of the most essential things a hotelier should learn by heart. At Quincy, we always reiterate its importance in training sessions and daily briefings and I do apologize for this shortcoming.

While I appreciate and respect your candid feedback, I am confident that the entire Quincy team loves their job and is sincere and courteous in every interaction with guests and colleagues.

I hope you will give us another chance to show you who we truly are.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Small but impressive, nice rooms well appointed, great staff, nice breakfast, easy walking distance of Orchard Road, we really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend this hotel to a couple on holiday or anyone on a business trip

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hi Pam255112,

Many thanks for taking time to share your Q experience.

My team and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

The Q team is looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Singapore.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

I did not actually stay at the hotel but my partner does and she chooses it whenever she is in Singapore because she loves it. I wanted to surprise her with something special and after calling from Australia, the Assistant Manager, Leo, was able to assist me by placing a special amenity and a handwritten note in her room. Leo was kind enough to do this all free of charge and even sent me some photos of the gift and note. I was very impressed with his service and this reflects very well on the hotel as well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Hello Tom H!

ThanQ so much for your wonderful review! And thanks too to your girlfriend for always patronizing Quincy… :)

Leo was very happy to read your compliments about him, both here on TripAdvisor as well as the e-mail you sent us. It was indeed a pleasure for him and the team to assist you with your planned surprise.

We hope you find time to visit us in the near future.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed with my 8 year old daughter on a "girls trip", and we loved it!
Close to Orchard Rd for shopping, and MRT stations for an easy ride to most attractions in Singapore.
The hotel itself is fun and modern. Lovely rooftop swimming pool and great interior style.
It has free wi-fi, meals, drinks and minibar.
It was great value for money, and the staff were lovely and helpful.
I would totally recommend this hotel, and will stay there again on my next trip to Singapore.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank AntoniaHK
QuincySingapore, Front Office Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Dear AntoniaHK,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your Q experience with us! I am glad that you had an enjoyable “girls trip” :)

It is indeed a pleasure to read about your compliments on our location, facilities and service. These will motivate the team to deliver better service each time…

Thanks for recommending us to your friends… We promise not to let you down :)

Your Q team is looking forward to your return!