“Very Trendy Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
Sao Paulo, SP
“Very Trendy Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

Quincy is a very modern hotel, the rooms are really nice, the pool is beautiful, and the staff very helpful, the restaurant is quite good, and the location is very nice a 5 minutes walk from Orchard Road and all those shoppings.... I haven't noticed on my reservation that all meals were included, which for me did not worth it because i have only had breakfast, but all mini bars were also included very nice. Even liking it next time in Singapore I would try the Marina Bay Sands, but if your purpose of staying is the shopping go for Quincy!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
QuincySingapore, Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, May 15, 2011
Hello from the Q Team,

Sounds like you enjoyed your trip and also your stay with us :) our pool is open 24 hours so our guests can enjoy at their convenience and as you mentioned if one is in town to shop, we are a short walk away from Singapore's major shopping centers like Paragon, Takashimaya and ION.
Well, hope to see you soon and in the meantime keep in touch by following us on facebook.com/QuincyHotel

Qool regards,
Iqbal Rafiq
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

My girlfriend and I chose the Quincy for our staycation over the long weekend and loved it.

We went with the weekend promotion including all meals and cocktails with a late checkout (3 PM).

After check-in we went upstairs and enjoyed the 12th floor pool for a nice and relaxing afternoon. Later on we went downstairs for some drinks and dinner at the restaurant. Not five star but great for what it was. Then it was upstairs to relax for the rest of the night.

Morning included the buffet breakfast which has the usual fare. Nothing special but nice for Singapore.

Overall we had a great experience and very helpful and attentive staff. We'll definitely be back and will recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

I was really impressed with the service of the hotel. I got here late at night and they made check in so quick and then came to my room when internet wasnt working. Everyone was on top of their game. Room was really modern...everything was new....rooms are sexy.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

Didn't know where I was staying until we finally parked and walked up to the reception to realise it was the Quincy.

It was a birthday surprise treat from my other half So I reckon it would alot of work to change my tempo.

Room: Huge, spacious. Clean, sleek, class chic. It was a new bouqtiue hotel.As long as there's no sign of old-stains,musty smell,worn-out bed sheets,wiring tv, I'm a happy child. I'm easy to please, but easy to find the slightest roach. Couldn't find any fault perhaps I was busy opening my presents? haha. Not much views, This is orchard road, don't expect orchards, but buildings buildings everywhere in the city.

Service: No unpleasant encounter. drinks are always made sure they are filled. I like that.

Food/Drink: Breakfast/Dinner plus free flow cocktail 6-8pm. ALL inclusive. you get a choice of decent set menus to choose from for dinner. Drinks, free flow housepour (Famous Grouse is their housepour whisky), wine,beer. This free flow was really highly recommended As we were both heavy drinkers who could easily drink up 1 bar in 1 night. The only cafe/bar//resturant in this hotel overlooks a pretty mini chic fountain to create a romantic ambience with the yellow lights at the courtyard at night. Breakfast had quite a number of hot food selection to cure a hangover. Can't say you really get the most comfortable position eating and sitting in an arty fatsy chair, class and comfy seldom marry together. Even had a bottle of red wine and plate of chocolates waiiting for us in the room afters lights down, not sure if that was paid extra.

Gym/pool: small, but self sufficient. Could have been better if the bar is by the pool for the free flow.

Smoking. Non smoking building. Cheers and kudos.

Location: Perfect, in orchard in town, but still requires a bit of walking down the winding road with broken cements caused by tree roots outgrowing onto the pathment. Singapore weather I still haven't get used to it even after so many years.

Parking: The basement next door at Elizabeth Hotel. Free.

Price wise? You decide, because was a birthday surprise, so I never know. I recommend this hotel if You want hassle free, all inclusive,all in, all planned, no worries no trouble retreat.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

Was in Singapore for a conference and read about the Quincy in the Queensland Sunday Mail. Hotel did not disappoint - extremely clean, very functional and in a great location just out of the hustle and bustle of Orchard Road.

When I arrived at the airport I was met by the Limo service and taken direct to the hotel, and upon arrival I was greeted by name, which is a great touch. Check in was prompt, and I was given a familiarisation tour of the room by the check in officer.

One slight glitch was the airconditioner (which didn't initially work), but I went out briefly just after I checked in and upon my return it was working perfectly

Wireless internet worked fine, and the free beers, soft drink and water in the mini bar are a welcome touch. I used both the pool and the gym, finding the pool quite cool (as are most hotel pools in Singapore, despite the fact that it sits one degree north of the equator!) and the gym equipment the most modern I've seen in a hotel.

Much is said in this forum about the food at the Quincy, but I only took advantage of the included breakfast which, although quite simple, was more than adequate for my needs.

The "two items of clothing per day" is a great idea, and I used this service during my stay. Clothes are provided to reception in the morning and you receive them back later in the afternoon, ready to wear in the evening.

All in all a great stay which has lead me to re-book the Quincy for my next trip to Singapore in May 2011

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
HK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

The staff here were uniformly friendly and helpful, particularly with ordering taxis given the difficulty of getting one in this city especially if its raining.

Location wise is also pretty good, as noted by many other reviewers.

One aspect of the property that I did not appreciate from reading the many (justifiably) good reviews however is that this "boutique hotel" is more in the way of an upmarket YMCA then a luxe hotel. Granted, there is no single universally understood meaning on what a "boutique hotel" delivers, so there is no criticising Quincy for describing themselves as such.

Why upmarket YMCA? Well, the sense I get is that the hotel has adopted the business model of stripping away anything that is superfluous to providing a comfortable bedroom for guests, thereby reducing staff and other costs and, to some extent, reflecting the cost savings in the room rate. For instance, there is no restaurant really, just a YMCA style self service type canteen. There is no bar or lounge to relax in. There is hardly a reception area, just a bit of corridor between main door and said canteen. Business centre? Please use the bit at the end of the canteen area that seems to double up as a conference table, or there are two Macs in the corridor by the said canteen. There is laundry but you need to drop them off at reception. As for newspapers in the morning, please pick them up at reception yourself.

That said, it has a perfectly functional gym.

However, if all these aspects of staying at Quincy sit comfortably with your requirements of a hotel, then its probably a place that will earn your custom.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Skyline_88
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

Have been meaning to write a review about the Quincy for a while now. We first stayed here about a year and a half ago and I think our last trip was our tenth stay.
What initially atttracted us to the Quincy was that everything is all inclusive. We run a small business and need to control cost whithout sacrificing quality. The Quicy offers business people a perfect base to work from and do business in Singapore. The wireless internet works well everywhere in the Hotel and there is a open coffee bar with soft drinks and cookies for during the day if you are working from the hotel. The hotel is a short walk from Orchard Rd yet located on a Cul de Sac so it is very peaceful.
Don't go expecting gourmet food options. The food at the Quincy is well prepared and plentiful and conveniant if you don't feel like going out after a hard day of work or sightseeing but is no match for some of the dining delights that await at some of Singapores better restaurants and Hawker centers. Menus rotate but if you stay there after a while you will have seen it all. We tend to eat there about 50% of the time and go out the rest. Cocktails, beer and Wine are included between 6-8pm and they will keep pouring until you ask them to stop. The Hotel Manager Iqbal and assistant manager Kristine are always on hand to help out with any guest requests, the Malaysian waiters Mohan and Chandra (we call them Moet and Chandon) are always very bubbly. The front desk staff include Holly, Leo, Ruben, Jaslynn, Nathan and I am sure I have forgot a few who will always be happy to asist with any requirements we may have. None of the rooms have connecting doors which keeps the disruption from fellow guests and make the Hotel more ideal for business travellers that families with children

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business