“Their homemade (jia xiang) tofu is really good and their desserts portions are huge.”

Five Star Hainanese Chicken Rice (River Valley)
Ranked #1,679 of 11,275 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Singaporean
Neighborhood: Tanglin
Neighborhood: Tanglin
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Their chicken is so so, however, their homemade (jia xiang) tofu is really good. Their desserts portions are really huge too, compared with last time.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Since I was in Singapore for a few weeks and I was in the Grand Copthorne Waterfront hotel, I was guided to this place by one of my local colleagues. I wasn't sure and was a bit hesitant as I really wanted to try my first chicken rice at the Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rise in the Maxwell Hawker center but away I went. Let me tell you folks, I was not disappointed. The rice was a little bit aromatic from the stock that it was cooked in and the two condiments chili garlic sauce and sweet black sauce were the perfect pairings. Last but not least was the chicken. The chicken was cooked such that the skin and fat on the top portion were easily separated signifying that the cooking process was stopped long enough to congeal both and providing the perfect cover to the succulent chicken meat underneath. The meat was tasty and when combined with the rice and condiments really provided an ecstatic experience. Over all I would recommend this place to anyone who is staying near Zion road (as I was) and walk a few minutes to this place and enjoy the chicken rice experience.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

Overall reliable good quality chicken rice but it is not cheap by local standards. More varieties of other dishes compared to the other chicken rice chain a few doors away. They even allow us to cross-order from the roti-prata shop next door. Quick service too.

Reviewed August 20, 2010

(20.09.10) We used to order from 5 Star Hainanese at least once every two weeks. In tonight's meal to portions in the boxes were smaller, the chicken fried rice had small pieces of dark meat instead of larger chunks of white meat like it used to, and we discovered a dark pubic-looking hair and later 3 tiny pieces of chicken bone! The response to a customer complaint? "Okay, bye" - no apology or attempt to make amends. We have no idea what happened to what used to be a reliable place serving us delicious food. They don't even care that they disappoint their customers. We will not be back.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 21, 2010

East Coast Road even better.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook