“Homely feeling” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #208 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Johor Bahru District, Malaysia
“Homely feeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights based on their nice photos and good reviews they achieved. We love the swimming pool the most. The room comes with an affordable price, and nice decor.
Our daughter was so excited to stay there, she said that she felt as if this hotel was our home. So that we decided to stay 1 more night. Thank you for all your help and kindness

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

The boutique hotel is located about 5 minutes walk from the bus stop and 3 bus stops away from Botanic Gardens MRT station. I was surprised that one had to remove shoes before entering the place. The pool area looked dark and a bit dusty to me. The ground floor was decorated with antiques and olden days pictures. The outdoor resting area was quite cooling. There were birds in cages which look in need of cleaning up. I also visited one of the bedrooms which looked quite nice. We are served a buffet of Italian food which tastes good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I picked L Residence based on their nice pictures showed on the website, I was deeply attracted by its heritage decorations, nice swimming pool and the low density surroundings, as well as the very affordable price. I travelled with my 12-years old daughter, she loves its homely feeling and we stayed there 4 nights. Only 7 guest rooms, a big and quiet central hall, a decent swimming pool, with some outdoor resting area… the whole place is perfect for a calm and cozy holiday for quiet travellers. There is bus stop 2 minute away from it, but I never tried walking to the MRT, since I always take taxi directly to amusement parks which the fees are not that expensive.

Particularly big thanks to Lilian and Joy who provided us very good hospitality during our stay and lovely breakfast everyday. We will definitely stay there again if we visit Singapore some days.

Room Tip: Most rooms are nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I had great expectation from pictures and descriptions of luxurious boutique home stay. LOUIS and the philipino housekeeper were helpful, but the rooms needed a face lift. They put me in "royal elephant" first, but no shower cape provided, with a broken hand held shower, I couldn't use the ceiling shower without wetting my hair in mid night. In that room, no basic coffee, tea but with kettle. They transferred me to another big room with one big bed and I single bedroom. I couldn't locate towels, and when the house keeper handed me some, I found stain on towels and they were overused and looked like floor mate towels instead. The hot shower take a long time to heat up. Even when i finished shower, the water is still not warm. I also found left over bits at sink with ants and there was ants in royal elephant room as well. It is a shame with such nice feature of antiques and decorations in the lobby, but the important living room conditions are poor. Bedsheets need to be changed...I won't return if they don't upgrade their room facilities. It's a disappointing stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank chelsea c
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Enjoyed my stay in this family home. I like the antiques mixed with some of the family items-- making it rather homely, although the house has very high ceilings.
The Chinese Lanterns hanging with modern touches of long tassels added a unique flare to a quiet neighbourhood.
Every morning, we had a good walk through the Botanical Gardens near the house. There air was nice a cool.
There were a few interesting eating places just a walk away. If you like breakfast all day, there is a place nearby called Hatch... serving all sorts of egg dishes. Next to that is a 24 hour eating cafe, serving up a variety of asian food.
The room was nice a roomy, and had a nice large TV with cable movies! There was so much to see and do in Singapore, we did not have the chance to watch any TV.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank peteranglwan
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I disagree with EddieFP. Clearly he did not walk around and explore the area. About 2 blocks away there is an amazing Italian restaurant. Another block around the corner and you can find a whole neighborhood of restaurants and shops.

When one travels, one has to be prepared to explore the area on foot! Wear comfortable shoes!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Kara W
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We were there to visit some friends, and was recommended to stay at L Residence. It was a wonderful place to stay. Its a home and the rooms are kept simple and clean.
Our sheets were comfortable and we had 2 soft but firm pillows each. The toilets were kept clean and we have fresh towels. It was very convenient to get around to the city or just a short nice walk to botanical gardens. The weather was excellent for morning walks and we certainly enjoyed the quiet home. Our breakfast were substantial for us, and was delicious. Staff were very friendly and supportive.
We enjoyed the oriental antique decor and eclectic collection of personal/family items on display.
Would certainly return. Very relaxing.

Room Tip: Nice home with relaxing atmosphere.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple