“Quality sleep in the midst of transit”

Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 2
Ranked #28 of 241 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We were in transit, on standby for the next plane out which is unfortunately 48hrs away.

It was fully booked. We were advised to check back at 2am and were really lucky one room was available.

Price is quoted for 6hours. And it was a worthy price to pay for comfortable beds and quality sleep. Turn off the light and it's completely dark and minimal noise. Plus shower had all you need. Toothbrush and combs on request. Big plus is the wake up call.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank sharreb

Reviewed March 13, 2014

On our way to Sulawesi (Indonesia) we had a stopover in Singapore in September 2013. The Singapore Grand Prix was on at the time and so it was very convenient to stay at this hotel at the airport.

The room was small but clean, as was the bathroom, we had a quiet night of sleep before our departure the next day.

This hotel is close to food outlets and shopping facilities, you can come and go as you please from the rooms, there is also a gym (if you feel so inclined). Sunflower garden is a nice place, apart from all of the smokers out there.

I would stay here again no problems.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank geminikitty66
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed in this hotel which is conveniently located in the transit lounge of Singapore Airport. I noticed a great improvement in the standard of the room since my last stays in 2006-10. The room was quiet, comfortable, and spotlessly clean. A kettle, coffee, and tea were provided. The counter staff were efficient and courteous. My 8-hour stay gave me the chance to be well rested for my onward journey

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank James S
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed here on a lengthy layover. Had about 6 hours to kill, and was up all night on a flight, so we decided to get a quick nap in.

It was wonderfully located in the terminal. It was quiet, clean, comfortable and inexpensive. What else do you need?

Not much else to say about it. I needed to sleep desperately and they gave me a great place to sleep. Enough said.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LBCdovs
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I don't see how you can go wrong. Extremely good price (around $80 AUD) for the room for 6 hours (shared between 2 of us). Very, very clean. Amenities provided in the bathroom. Great shower and comfortable beds. Great sleep while waiting for your next flight.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Ambassador transit hotel in Terminal 2 in Singapore.
Basic stopover hotel as our flight was delayed.
In price comparison for around £42.00 for 6 hours, not exactly VFM.

Room was clean with most amenities and shower. Maybe one should try lounge instead in future.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I booked each room for 6 hours (the minimum) as I had a 18 hour layover at Changi. For the price and purpose, both of these rooms were acceptable. I think the budget room ($47 for 6 hours) would be great if you are looking for a quick lay over (no toilet or shower). If you are looking for a place you can return to after shopping and use the facilities (shower and toilet) then the standard room ($77 for 6 hours) is the better option. I found both rooms to be extremely quiet. Main downside was that the free Changi WIFI didn't reach either room. I will definitely consider this option again if I have a lay over rather than sleeping on couches!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business