“Excellent for recovery between long-haul flights.”

Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 2
Ranked #26 of 240 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I recently traveled from Auckland to Johannesburg via Singapore. I was accompanied by my Grandchildren aged 11 and 8. Our lay-over time was 7 and a half hours, a long time when travelling with children. I booked the Transit Room for the 6 hour period and it was the best thing we could have done. We had a lovely shower, managed to get about 4 hours sleep and with a change of clothing we were ready for the next long flight to Johannesburg. The Hotel offers a wake up service so there is no problem with oversleeping. The 'windowless' rooms do have a bit of a claustrophobic feel about them but it didn't worry us. The rooms are clean and well equipped with essential toiletries and a tea/coffee making facility but beware of asking for extra towels, there is a $5 charge per towel (2 towels were provided but we were 3 occupants). It would have been nice to have had access to the free wi-fi available on the airport and I agree with other travelers that one does feel somewhat disconnected from the rest of the world once inside the room. All things taken into consideration I would highly recommend making use of this facility if you have a long wait for a connecting flight, it was worth every cent.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The place is well maintained, very quite for sensitive sleepers and ideally located in the middle of the Terminal.
Yea, they should have WiFi access in the rooms, one feels like disconnected from the rest of the world once you are in this room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dolfinKing
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hotel books on a 6 hour block. Room was fine. Bed and Shower fine. Checkin and checkout quick and easy. Location great. Only comment is that they should have free wifi as the rest of the airport just a a few steps away has free wifi.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank jinapsan
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a day in Singapore between flights and after looking around the city for a while we were in desperate need of a bed for a good rest...we booked the 6hr time in a room (ahead of time) & it was definitely worth it! The shower & bed were essential on the way back from a long trip away to Europe. It was dark & quiet in our room, perfect to get some more sleep! We were leaving from terminal 3 but with easy access via the skytrain every few min. it was no problem! We tried the free napping lounges in Singapore airportbut found that it was mostly full & impossible to get a couple of places to rest for free?! It's also better to have your bags stored away here rather than leaving them out in public in the airport while you try to rest/sleep in the free napping area :)

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AGradisar
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We took the 6 hour package and got a twin room for $s91

Good comfortable beds with a good ensuite and were able to het a good 5 hour sleep

If you only need to nap then i suggest you use one of the free napping areas

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had business to take care of in the evening in Singapore and had to leave the next morning. Reserved a standard single with shared bath & shower for one block of six hours and thankfully front offered me an extra hour for potential noise over the night. Bed was comfortable and I did not hear any noise. No amenities in the room (no tissue, for example), which was no problem for me. After checked out, I went to SQ lounge for breakfast. Everything worked fine. For those who want to stay close to the airport and yet want to save $$, the airport hotel can't be beaten!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2012

A very popular hotel for transit passengers in Singapore. What a convenient way to stay horizontal while waiting for your flight. I am really impressed with this hotel as it makes my life easier while transiting in Singapore.

Hotel room was average and needed some upgrading. Bed and pillows were also not the best but hey, I am not complaining. Booking here was more comfortable than sitting in any waiting areas. Hotel rate was also expensive but the comfort was rewarding.

Booking is really essential as I had been turned down before. Quite disappointing really but I learned from that experience.

I highly recommend this hotel to everyone transitting in Singapore.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family