All reviewswake up callbetween flightshour layoverlong layoverbudget roomhour blockconnecting flightthrough immigrationhours sleepambassador loungehot showerneeded sleepquality sleepgreat sleepnext morningbasic toiletriesnice shower
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Fantastic idea. Great sleep after arriving late at night & waiting for next flight. Rooms were nothing special, however we were only there to sleep & freshen up.
Pay by the hour is a fantastic way of running a hotel like this. This hotel is so much cheaper than Crowne Plaza (which is also attached to airport) but covers off everything you need if just staying as a layover between flights.
Rooms were extremely dark at night & very quiet. Just what is needed.
We booked in for 9 hours. Wonderful rest. You need to be out by the time you have paid for is up or the lights & power is turned off on you.
I recommend this to everyone I know who is travelling through Singapore airport.
Ensure you book early as the hotel books out quiet quickly.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pejola
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This is a transit hotel so don't expect it to be anything fantastic. I found that all my expectations were met, the room was clean, the shower had great water pressure, lots of tea/coffee selections and an electric jug for hot water and the bed comfortable. Also I needed extra pillows so one of the housekeeping ladies gave me two extra very promptly. What I really needed was 6 hours of good sleep and this hotel provided me with that. Just a word of warning, book in advance and bring a print out of your confirmation. One guest who was checking in same time as us gave his name, the 1st receptionist told him they were fully booked (he was travelling with a young child) he didn't have a print out, but thankfully the 2nd receptionist was more on to it and knew which guests were checking in at which time, so they got their room.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Typing this from T3 and am very happy with the room. It is not the Ritz but you can have that in town if you want. You stay here for a clean room, hot shower, sleep and TV if you want. Quick easy check-in. I give it an excellent rating because it achieves exactly what we wanted. If you want more facilities stay in town - but for an airport break between flights I would definitely stay here again. Everything you need is just downstairs, free internet, restaurants and all the shopping you want. I think that you have to rate the hotel for what it is and not against such places as the Royal Orchid Sheraton etc. It is a bed and a hot shower in a quiet room and for that it is 10 out of 10. Go for it ! BUT be sure to book extra time if your connection is longer than 6 hours. We booked two lots of 6 hours and that is fine.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2010

When your body tells you it's 2am and you're just in from Oz, this hotel is a quiet place to grab a few hours' sleep, before your next flight.

I found the room small, but quite clean, the bathroom was old with some mould around the tiles, but the hot water did the trick in reviving one's spirits. The bed was a little hard, but comfortable.

Some words of warning, though:

1 Wake-up calls are done manually, so don't make with a smart comment when answering the phone, thinking it's automated, or you may embarrass the operator.

2 I had planned to meet my wife upon her arrival from Cairo, but do you think I could find an arrivals board airside in Terminal 2; plenty of departures boards, but seemingly no arrivals boards. The Information desks are closed late at night and don't re-open until 6 am. My wife's flight got in at 5.15 am, so I must have walked kilometres, even taken the Air train to another terminal, before I was able to access an Information desk at 6 am.

3 Reception desk staff are very friendly, but they seem willing to answer just one question, so don't try for a second! I asked for the location of a flight arrivals board, the woman shrugged her shoulders, and said "no", her colleague did the same, before they went back to what they had been doing.

4 Pricing: At $S69 for a six-hour block it is economical, but then they ask $S15 per hour after that, so a 12-hour stopover would cost $S157. Something to think about?

All things considered the Ambassador is worth a try. After all, it is at the airport and quite easy to find, but book well ahead, if possible. And remember that there is more than one such facility at Changi, so make sure you go to the correct terminal, otherwise you're in for a long walk and/or ride on the Air Train.

Cheers
NOEL

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank NOELGORDON
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I have to agree the room looked very uninviting at first.

We opted for a room with 2 beds (one for the child)

The bathroom was clean and the shower hot and powerful

The bed had seen better days and the pillows well they need not have bothered as they had seen better days too but as soon as I closed my eyes I was out until the wake up call from reception. I didnt hear an once of noise.

The fire alarms started after we woke and there was no broadcast or call to say it was a false alarm but a quick call to reception confirmed we werent going to die (just as well too as an escape could have proven difficult - no windows to jump from)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family