Again I was in Singapore and stayed at the Ibis Bencoolen (IB) hotel of the Accor hotel chain.
Period of my stay 4 nights 08/09/13 to 12/09/13.
It's my hotel of choice in my regular visits to Singapore. I last stayed with and reviewed the IB in
The IB is a good value for money 3half star hotel.
1. Great location in as far as accessibility to street & mall shopping, foods and public transport.
2. Very clean (abeit slightly small) rooms.
1. If it's service that you are after, then the IB is sure to disappoint. The front desk check-in staffs
are always sully faced, unwelcoming, unsmiling and unengaging. This has been the case ever
since I first stayed at the IB. But to be fair they aren't rude. Customer services in Ibis Bangkok,
Ibis Hong Kong and Ibis Sydney where I had also stayed with are all much higher stanadard than
that of IB Singapore.
I generally find this similar low customer service standard throughout Singapore retail and
hospitally industries in comparison to those in Bangkok and Hong Kong. I often wonder why
then this island state tourism is still strong. I think it's because they have such great hardwares
(ie places of interest, shopping malls, hotels etc). Their tourism software (ie customer service) is
way below world standard.
2. The mattress is HARD and for me the quality of sleep in the IB is very bad.
So if you are looking for a good value 3half star hotel accomodation in Singapore, can forgo
good customer service and ignore sully faced reception staffs (just pretend they are check-in
machines not real people), then I would strongly recommend the IB.
I have moved to another 3half star hotel today for the rest of my stay in Singapore. Look out for my review of it in a couple of days time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal hotel location in Singapore next to Singapore shopping & business centers with an 8-minute walk to Bugis MRT. TASTE Restaurant serves international cuisine and local Singapore dishes daily. Best Economy Hotel in Asia Pacific by TTG in 2009-12. Certificate of Excellence awarded by Tripadvisor in 2012-15. FREE WiFi access, international adaptors, USB chargers, complimentary access to 2,300 newspapers, free use of a bamboo bicycle and Reloadable EZ-link card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Singapore On Bencoolen Hotel Singapore
- Accor Singapore On Bencoolen