I had two nights at the Ibis Bencoolen in late June. The hotel is approximately 20 mins from Changi airport by taxi and will cost around $27 SGD. Don’t be alarmed if the taxi starts heading down backstreets as the access to the hotel is not off the main road out front of the hotel (Bencoolen St).
Check in was fairly quick and I won a spot prize which turned out to be a small ipad looking thing for 24 hours. It took longer to sort out signing up for it than the actual check in process and to be honest it wasn’t that great when I got it going. There are a couple of computers in the foyer with free internet access which were very good.
The room was typical of the Ibis chain being clean, simple, functional and medium in size. I was on one of the higher floors and never heard a thing all night. Breakfast was very good with a selection of about four different cereals, cooked food including scrambled eggs, sausages, baked beans etc and pastries.
Although not sitting on top of one of the MRT (subway) lines, it is located close to nearby attractions including Buis St for cheap t-shirts and souvenirs (located one block behind the hotel), Sim Lim Square for reasonably priced electronics or Little India for Mustafas 24 hour department store and local (indian) restaurants. The nearest MRT station would be Bugis St. There is a bus stop outside the hotel which will connect you to all the main attractions including Orchard Rd (less than 10 minutes), the waterfront with the Merlion or Chinatown (10 mins). There are 7-Eleven convenience stores located out the front door to the left and right less than a minute away.
The easiest way to get around Singapore is via a swipe card system which can be used on any bus or train very cheaply. They can be purchased at the station and topped up at a number of other places including convenience stores etc.
Singapore is not a cheap place to stay. The Ibis Bencoolen is a relatively inexpensive place to stay in a good area with access to just about anywhere you want to get to. Definitely recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal hotel location in Singapore next to Singapore shopping & business centers with an 8-minute walk to Bugis MRT. TASTE Restaurant serves international cuisine and local Singapore dishes daily. Best Economy Hotel in Asia Pacific by TTG in 2009-12. Certificate of Excellence awarded by Tripadvisor in 2012-15. FREE WiFi access, international adaptors, USB chargers, complimentary access to 2,300 newspapers, free use of a bamboo bicycle and Reloadable EZ-link card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA and ACCOR so you can book your Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Singapore On Bencoolen Hotel Singapore
- Accor Singapore On Bencoolen