Back in Singapore and stayed at the Ibis Bencoolen Singapore (IBS) once again. Stay period 22/03/13 to 24/03/13 and 31/03/13 to 05/04/13
Lost count on the number of times I had stayed with the IBS since my first.
For me the experience is consistent, both the pros and alas the cons.
Fantastically conveniently located. Bus stop immediately outside its entrance facing Bencoolen Street. Close by to malls, shops, train station, foods. All within 5-10minutes walking distance.
Though quite small in size (about 28sqm) it’s surprisingly very comfortable and non-claustrophobic. IMPRESSIVELY BRIGHT & CLEAN. Kettle, coffee satchel/tea bags, bar fridge and combination box safe in room. Bed mattress is hard.
Facilities and general
- Free Wi-Fi in room (acceptable speed) and access terminals in lobby
- 24hr lobby restaurant serves breakfast and ala cart menu of local dishes.
Advice: Don’t have breakfast there for more than 2 days during your stay. The spread doesn’t vary much and gets boring. And the presentation/taste is ordinary to poor (eg pastries are dry and unsavory)
- Laundromat and ironing equipments on 3rd floor (do your own laundry and save)
- Signs at lobby with information for guests on bus services and their corresponding popular tourist destinations (very thoughtful and helpful) … see picture with this review
- Sign on room floor promise all guest complaints be resolved to satisfaction within 15 minutes …. see picture with this review.
Note: I had not had the need to put it to a test in all my stays in the IBS.
The reception people are consistently cold, woody and unwelcoming but thankfully efficient. They never seem to improve (on guest engagement) and could easily be replaced with self check-in machines. They contribute little to the satisfaction of all my stays.
Every encounter I had with a housekeeping staff in all my stays has been DELIGHTFUL. They are all engaging, happy, smiling, polite, helpful and very good at their job in keeping the room spick-and-span clean. I often wonder why IBS management hasn’t put them at the front desk instead.
Advice: When in the room do ensure the security latch is engaged. Twice during my stay this time the housekeeping staff (a young lady) had opened the door and walked into the room without first knocking. Had I not been decently dressed it would have been really embarrassing … for her. I think she’s just inexperienced and not properly trained.
Extremely good value for money (for hotels short Singapore), comfortable and very good location.
MUST STAY if your budget is SGD$150-$200
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal hotel location in Singapore next to Singapore shopping & business centers with an 8-minute walk to Bugis MRT. TASTE Restaurant serves international cuisine and local Singapore dishes daily. Best Economy Hotel in Asia Pacific by TTG in 2009-12. Certificate of Excellence awarded by Tripadvisor in 2012-15. FREE WiFi access, international adaptors, USB chargers, complimentary access to 2,300 newspapers, free use of a bamboo bicycle and Reloadable EZ-link card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Singapore On Bencoolen Hotel Singapore
- Accor Singapore On Bencoolen