“Good Hotel but Not so Good Service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Singapore
Superb Hub @ Bugis City
Ranked #171 of 241 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed there during my Malaysia and Singapore trip. The Hotel is conveniently located from major attractions of the city. The Service is not so good but location compensates for it. In an all you can stay there if you want no frills hotel with value for money.

Room Tip: I stayed there during my Malaysia Singapore Trip, The hotel is conveniently located from major attra...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank muneeb529

Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed there in 2008 and the place was a gem. Today, it is very much ran down (e.g. damp on the walls) and the rooms are separated by a very thin wall that does not even go up to the roof, so you can hear the noise from the neighbors. In addition, construction work is being done in the place and in the surroundings (without prior notice by email) so impossible to sleep after 8am. We had to leave earlier than expected, as we were so disappointed, and were not reimbursed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My friend and I checked in here after we arrived in Singapore at about 1am. Mr Tang checked us in as soon as we arrived and he was very friendly. He gave us lots of advice about the places to eat and see nearby.

Our room was a twin room. It was pretty small, but had everything we needed - mattress, pillow, table, chair, fan, air-conditioning and blanket. It was all very clean. The showers on the top level were great. There were also computers with the internet available to use. However, the toilet was tiny and had a shower above it which was a bit weird - and they were smelly. I tried to avoid these as much as possible!

Overall, it was just what we needed after our long flight, but I wouldn't recommend it for any stay longer than one night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank VeeTee_11
Reviewed May 28, 2011

The Hostel / Hotel is perfectly located in the "Arabic" part of the city. Nice bars and restaurants are just around the corner. I booked a single room for 50 S$ per night. After arriving there I recognized that the single room is a very small chamber with walls only up to 2 meters and not till the roof. It means that you have a doorm feeling because you here everything around you. Also the promised Internet WIFI was available but not really working. Overall I recommend a doorm in a cheaper place. Its the same...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Hennack
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Very budget hotel. Only if you need to stay for a night and dont want to spend money on a 4 star hotel. Rooms cant accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids comfortably. Also they do not have a rrestaurant in the hotel. You have to use the one next door for breakfast. Breakfast is very poor. More Indian than continental.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank karl015
Reviewed December 6, 2010

The room was really tiny but it was clean. Ronnie and his mom are friendly and helpful. I was really bothered by the noise from the outside because the walls are so thin so Ronnie apologised and tried to help us change rooms.

I would definitely suggest bringing earplugs.

I would also recommend this hostel because the location is really good. It is a 5 minute walking from Bugis station and is centrally located in Singapore.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katharine Kit Y... H
Reviewed September 18, 2010

The host and his mom are the nicest persons you'll ever meet! they always smile and take incredible care of you! I think they might have made some renovations since the other reviews because in fact there IS a common room although small but with a fridge, microwave, internet computer, boiler, and iron... wifi was pretty fast too and in every room
The beds seem a bit like camping mats at first look, but actually were pretty comfortable!

Overall we had a great stay, and would not hesitate to come back!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple