Royal At Newton Hotel Singapore
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Goodwood Park Hotel(Singapore)
View Hotel
All reviewsa small kitchen areanecessary itemsunderground stationindian foodstar hotellittle indiaannextoothbrushes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Good hotel for family but poor services. It have a bus station infront of the hotel so you can go anywhere easily. No free wifi so you must pay for internet. They serve bussiness centre but the printer was out of order. The crew were too busy to serve the guest.

Room Tip: Choose non smoking floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank littleangelIndonesia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Staff friendly. Close to food court at Newton Circus, breakfast was.excellent. But was let down by dirty old hotel, Corridoor smelly with maintenance ongoing but worst of all the room was dirty, tv did not work. Nobody was bothered

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The facility itself is not bad, but the experience with their Staff, and Manager was bad: We booked two rooms for two nights, and when we arrived at the reception we asked if we could extend our stay for one more night, and the experience was as follows:
-I was told that to save money I should use the internet (they would not honor the rate I paid) which was not bad until I had to pay 4 dollars, and spent half an hour trying in vein to book the rooms. The systems shows they had rooms, but would not allow me to reserve.
-I asked for the manager, and told him we are tired, and asked him to help me with the reservation, and he told me I have to call Expedia Customer Service!
-When I finally got tired of arguing with him, I asked him a simple question: Do you have rooms for us or not, and then he had to go inside, and come back to tell me NO!
-He did not offer to help us locate another room in a sister hotel or otherwise, and when my wife suggested we find alternative place altogether he had to remind us that we prepaid our rooms (so we are stuck).
-They had us pay for a third person, although we had prepaid that, until I found my Expedia printout and showed it to him, even then he told me that he will have to check their email from Expedia before he can refund my credit card!
I felt that the Manager made no effort what so ever to help us, and I managed to find a room elsewhere on my own. We do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Booked in through company. Fairly convenient location however service dreadful . Rooms aged with strong smell of mould . Noisy and on top of all that people tried to enter room twice middle of
Night . Restaurant very basics more akin a canteen

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed in this hotel during the week of lunar new year. Room assigned to us (good for 3) was very nice, spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom has a bathtub/shower and plenty of toiletries. However, there was no free bottled water in the ref. We were surprised that there was an ironing board and flat iron, an umbrella, plenty of clothes hangers, 2 extra pillows and even a shoe brush in the closet. Location was also good, very near the MRT and there is a bus station right in front of the hotel which will take guests to Orchard Road. Taxis are also plenty outside the hotel. The front desk was also very helpful in providing directions. Overall, our stay here was pleasant and maybe we'll stay here again when in Singapore.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family