“Very good place to stay”
Review of G4 Station

G4 Station
Ranked #176 of 237 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Well, I can say if you on a budget on staying - g4 station is a place to stay. Very accomodating personel, clean room, clean shower room and toilets, strong wifi connection, near to places for eating a few shopping malls and close to a bus stop and mrt. Also free simple breakfast(breads, jams, eggs, hotdogs, coffee, etc)

The rooms are small but the bed and pillows are Okay, its just if your Okay with that and not artistic or "maarte" then this hostel place is good for you.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I was with a group of friends. What impressed me is the friendliness and helpful staff. They make you feel at home. Clean environment and staff are always around to assist you whenever help is needed. Kudos to Htaik snd staff for the professional handling of guest. Its near to MRT and Little India. Surrounded by good restaurants, one can never go hungry.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2014

When I went online to check for good lodging in Singapore, the G4 Station hostel came up in a number of travel blogs. I checked out their reviews and I was quite impressed by their comments about the hostel. As a Singapore newbie, I didn't know where to stay in - all I knew was that lodging/hotels were quite pricey, so I gave the G4 Station hostel a shot.

I went to their site and immediately booked for two - my friend and I decided we'd room together since it would be a lot cheaper. When we got to the hostel, the staff were very accommodating and immediately gave us everything that we needed - a key pass, two sets of room & locker keys, and adapters for all our chargers.

The room we stayed in was quite small. We had a double deck bed and both beds were very clean - the sheets looked, felt, and smelled CLEAN! Their air-conditioning unit was also clean, I could tell because otherwise, my allergic rhinitis would kick in. The lockers were big enough to actually fit my entire luggage with spare room for some of my hand carry items. So despite the room being very small, we really didn't mind because everything else was great!

They have small pantry areas per level, which reminds me.. Each floor is accessible only if you have the access pass with you. CCTVs are all over the place, too. They have wash areas (washer & dryer), and the bathrooms were WELL-KEPT and clean. :) Perhaps the only "downside" would be the free breakfast they serve - if you're a rice person, you would be a little disappointed because they do not serve rice. However, it IS a backpackers' hostel, so we didn't mind. :)

Overall, I would totally go back to this hostel and book my stay here! My friend and I enjoyed our stay here and the value for money was great! :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Anna S
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I love this place because very close to MRT station and Bus stop, beside that we can walking around 10 minutes from Bugis Junction to this place, just dont like cause we got room in second floor, the staff very helpfull, bathrooms and shower clean, room lil bit bigger then the place i ever stay before.

Room Tip: Choose lower room if u hate stairs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have spent at the G4 Station recently 3 nights and I have to say I'm positive surprise. Sure the rooms are small, but what you expect from a crowded city hostel?
The bathrooms and showers are clean, the same with the sheet, blankets and towels.
The location and surroundings are quite good and I'd didn't find it noisy and the blinds are quite okay.
The staff was very friendly and helpful to me. I'm coming back on my next trip.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2013

到達時通知我原本的訂房 已沒有房間 要隔天才能換房 且價格和booking hotel顯示不同 說網路上的是現金價 到達時才通知如果刷卡要加錢 但是網路上明明說寫是刷卡和現金是一樣的價格 我們身上更本沒有帶那麼多現金 最後還是付了錢 接下來在新加坡的完全無法繼續旅程 房間有一股很重的潮濕味 只有給毛毯 且沒有被單 跟櫃台反應被單髒汙 也推託沒有東西可以換 枕頭似乎很久沒換過有很重的口水味 整個住宿經驗只有terrible可以形容
--> Change my original booking room
--> dirty bed sheet and room
--> room price is not the same as my original booking

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights recently during a short break in Singapore. As most of the other reviews have pointed out, the location is good- very near Little India MRT and Serangoon Road. The room was small, the blind was almost see through so sleeping past dawn was difficult and the room was extremely noisy. Our first night there, we were convinced that the window must have been open because it sounded as though we had slept on the pavement..it wasn’t. All of this could perhaps be accepted due to the cheap price of the room, especially for Singapore- although I have stayed in as cheap, and better, accommodation in the city before. The breakfast, and breakfast room, was grim. The staff were beyond unhelpful. Upon checking in, it felt instantly as though we were an inconvenience. After asking if we could get to Sentosa easily by public transport, we were answered with a ‘yes’. A long pause followed, and a lot of coaxing, on WHICH public transport to take. On checking out, we asked if we could book a taxi. The staff member spent 2 minutes on the line, before telling us there were no taxis and we should stand outside to flag one down. When I asked him if maybe he could ring another company, he repeated that we should just stand on the edge of the road and try our look there. I would not recommend this hostel- there are plenty of other good value lodgings in the same location so these features do not make G4 station unique. I would rather stay somewhere again where my custom is welcomed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple