Tresor Tavern Hostel
$255
$203
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$163
$297
$176
  • Restaurant
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$140
$98
  • Pool
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$226
$170
$236
$181
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$157
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
$421
$243
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My child together with other delegates from the Philippines stayed here for 4 nights. On their first night, one kid lost his money at the lobby. On their second night my kid's classmate left her camera inside her bag and went down for their short meeting. In a matter of few minutes, they went back to their room and found out that it was gone. The room was occupied by all 8 female delegates and accompanying teacher. The only people who had access to that room were the 9 of them and the hostel employees. When they demanded to see the CCTV recording, the hostel could not produce it. They said it was not working. No police report happened because they (the hostel personnels in-charge) asked the accompanying teachers to discuss about what to do with the incident . Nothing happened. No police report.

The sad part is that all their employees are Filipinos and the occupants of the two rooms are also Filipinos.

Good facilities can not cover up the crimes committed. This is Singapore, it seldom happens.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Maria Teresa C
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Good service, very affordable room rates, clean rooms and bathrooms.
When you are on a tight budget and not so picky about your accommodation, i recommend this place to stay.

Room Tip: Recommended for a large group as most of their rooms are for 6 to 8 people with common bathrooms.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank MickJayG
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We've stayed in this hostel for four nights. We actually paid for the 2 extra beds so that me and four of my friends could book the whole room. It was our first time to try out a hostel, so we're still uneasy at first. But, the Filipino staff we're very accommodating and made sure that we feel at home. Since we're on a tight budget, we just brought instant cup noodles & coffee as our morning fix and they gladly provided us with free hot water.

The facade of the hostel looks cool because of its contemporary & minimalist design. It has has cafe & bar in the first floor, so its easy for us to grab some drinks whenever we want to (I meant the non-alcoholic ones, coz nothing beats partying at Clarke Quay BTW).
We had a free 15mins use of internet everyday, so it's convenient for us to connect with our families & friends despite the distance.
The rooms and communal bathrooms were kind of a mess. I had second thoughts of sleeping in the top bunk bed because there are spider webs all over the ceiling, which implies that they hardly clean the rooms. The lockers we're small especially if you'll be sharing rooms with other guests. Since we paid for the whole room, we just threw in our luggages everywhere :). We had a hard time taking a bath & doing our rituals everyday because the bathroom is a little dirty, but yeah we did survived that little glitch.

The hostel is located in the heart of Singapore, near Little India, so it was easy for us to visit different tourist spots through the help of EZ link card.

I'll definitely go back in this Hostel on our next trip in SG...well with a more stronger guts when it comes to using their comfort rooms :).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I love this hostel. I feel at home when I stayed here. The Filipino staff were so warm and very accommodating. The rooms (dorm) and comfort rooms are clean. There's a lift too. I love the lobby, the wi-fi and the complimentary breakfast is great! I will stay here agin when I am back to SG. You can check www.tresortavern.com

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Friendly, can-do helpful staff, mostly interesting fellow clientele more than make up for the somewhat dingy rooms (but the place is being renovated) and occasional smells. Nothing offensive, and the bathrooms are on the same floor as the rooms. The Jalan Besar location is unbeatable--buses go everywhere, the MRT is close, as are numerous restaurants (follow the crowds!) I can sleep in a bus station if necessary, but those needing peace and quiet might check with smaller rooms; the dorm was often noisy. The other residents are the most interesting and friendly I met on this trip of seven weeks.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo