“It feels like home”

Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore
Ranked #41 of 247 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I have been living in this hotel for 6 weeks now as part of the relocation package we were offered to move here. We still have another 2 weeks to go and I can honestly say we'll both miss it.

The locations is splendid - near two metro stations, close to the nightlife but far away enough that you don't feel too overwhelmed, 10minutes away from a few nice malls (Plaza Singapura, The Cathay Gallery, Bugis) and close to a supermarket.

Since I had heard places in this area were not very big, I was expecting a shoe box. Granted, it's not gigantic, but the two of us have felt pretty comfortable here since we arrived. It's an apart-hotel and we're staying in a 1 bedroom suite, with a bathroom, a toilet, a small kitchen, an ok living room with a table and two chairs, a sofa bed (must admit, not the most comfortable sofa in the world, but good enough), a flatscreen, a DVD player, another small table and another chair. The bedroom is a good size and the storage space is quite good. The kitchen doesn't have a washing machine, but there is a laundry room on the second floor.

There are very large windows with a stunning view (at least from this side of the hotel, and we're in the 11th floor).

There is free wifi in the rooms, the common lounge and the lobby.

The service is nice; breakfast is included at the common lounge on the second floor and a maid comes three times a week to do the room. The hotel also provided a free shuttle that picked us up ay the airport, and the provide free buses in the morning to the financial district, although I must admit we've never used them.

The gym at the hotel is also surprisingly good.

The only flaw I can find is that the hotel does not have a pool, even though it's pretty new.

All in all, it is worth staying here, especially if you're travelling for business or for longer stays.

It has been a very positive experience right from the start and I'm glad we've stayed here because it does feel like home. Even if its's just a temporary one!

Very satisfied :)

• Stayed: February 2013
CitadinesMountSophia, Guest Relations Manager at Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards.
Once again, thank you for your valued patronage.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was put here for one month due to relocation to Singapore. My company paid for a one bedroom apartment which came with a living room, bedroom and a seperate toilet and bathroom. I found the design to be functional and modern but a bit used up. Also what was the most annoying part was a damp smell which was always there even with the air conditioning switched on. Housekeeping did a good job but I did not feel comfortable in that place and was glad I could get out sooner as my own apartment was ready. The staff was friendly in general and helpful. The location is around the Dhoby Ghaut area and as mentioned it is a 8-10 minutes walk to the MRT stop. Overall I was dissapointed with this property if I compare it to other Citadines I have stayed at.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jetsetlife888

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay experience with us. I have noted your observations that requires improvement.
We will continue in our improvement efforts to provide excellent service.

We hope that you will enjoy your stay in SIngapore.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was not impressed with my three night stay here with my young son. I realize we were staying during Chinese New Years and a weekend but totally no service of any kind. The room size was good but the bed very hard and quite small as queen size bed go. The water pressure for the sink next to the bathroom was bad and very little water coming out of the tap. I'm wondering why a customer has to pay 7% service charge per night and you do not provide service?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BGZBali
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to Singapore on Sep 2012 (Me, wife and 2 yr daughter) One of the main reason why we choose Citadines was that we wanted to cook our own food during our 4 days of singapore stay. I couldn't find any other hotels in the same budget that has a stove top. Overall the stay was pleasant . The staffs were helpful and they also gave a surprise Birthday cake for my daughter's bday which was very nice . We had previously stayed in Citadines Paris and thought to go for the same hotel in singapore.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rajesh T
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed in Citadines for two months (relocation from HK to SG) since late Sept 2012 - early Dec 2012. We enjoyed our stay.

Location:
It is about 8 - 10 mins walk from Citadines (Mount Sophia) down to Dhoby Ghout MRT station. Dhoby Ghout MRT station links up three MRT lines that it tells how convenient the transportation is.

Food:
Around Citadines, there're plenty of eateries that you don't have to worry about. I especially recommend the cafe 15 Mintues from LA SALLE College of the Arts (by 7 mins walk from Citadines) and the japanese salad place Maki-san from The Cathay (by 7 mins walk from Citadines). During my stay, I visited them pretty often, I simply like their salads, pasta, tofu burger and much more! Well, of course there're many more good foods nearby, just spend your time to explore a bit!

Neighborhood:
Well, apart from 'KTV' (look it up from internet what it is) I dislike the most nearby, Citadines is actually located in a good area with lots of schools, universities, education institudes, museums etc. All by walking distance!

Shopping:
The Cathay, Plaza Singapura, Sim Ling Square (for computer & camera stuffs), Park Mall etc... look up internet by yourself and take a walk around, many nice shops!

Staffs in Citadines:
Through out our stay, they're very helpful, friendly and enthusiastic! We were staying at 9th Floor and I especially like the house keeping lady on that floor the best. I don't actually know her name but 9th Floor of Citadines is 'her floor'. She takes care well of us and remember stuffs pretty well. Very impressive and I recommended her!

Facilities:
Gym is good, not a big place though, spacious enough for daily work out. Within the same floor you could do your own laundry, which is quite nice!

Things to improve:
Breakfast - I am not the first to say... very limited choices! Really... I'm not picky but well less than expectation... this is something to be improved...

Room Tip: as I mentioned, I would go for 9th Floor ;)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
CitadinesMountSophia, Guest Relations Manager at Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We
appreciate your review and the compliments about our service and facilities. Your feedback will be shared with the entire team at Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore.
Feedback such as yours inspires us to continually provide and improve the level of service that residents have come to expect.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My partner and I spent 15 days in the Citadines in October - and totally recommend this as alternate to staying in the usual places along orchard road.

There's a very good supermarket nearby - downstairs about 100 yards away.

The Citadines is close to two MRT stations (about 10 minutes walk) - many cultural facilities - easy to catch a taxi.

Staff very helpful. Great rooms. Free wifi

Breakfast is Ok - not brilliant - so we chose to eat there occasionally only. having said that - staff helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
CitadinesMountSophia, Guest Relations Manager at Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again at Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had spent 21 days in one of serviced apartment and let me tell you it was far more better then a hotel, Comfy and cozy, Free unlimited Wi-Fi, Mini Kitchen to cook, Complimentary water bottles everyday with tea/coffee refills, Complimentary breakfast, Self-Service coin operated Washing machines, Vending machines, Mini Gym. Round the clock security. Free shuttle service in morning to major financial districts. Located near the financial district. What more you can ask for.

The hotel staff was very cordial and was ready to help in every possible way. Never faced any issues or any kind of has-sell. I will recommend everyone visiting Singapore to try this as it will be cheaper on a longer stay period and will be enjoyable.

Room Tip: Try to get a street looking window room but avoid facing the corridors in the building else you wont...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business