My husband and I have been living in this hotel for 6 weeks now as part of the relocation package we were offered to move here. We still have another 2 weeks to go and I can honestly say we'll both miss it.
The locations is splendid - near two metro stations, close to the nightlife but far away enough that you don't feel too overwhelmed, 10minutes away from a few nice malls (Plaza Singapura, The Cathay Gallery, Bugis) and close to a supermarket.
Since I had heard places in this area were not very big, I was expecting a shoe box. Granted, it's not gigantic, but the two of us have felt pretty comfortable here since we arrived. It's an apart-hotel and we're staying in a 1 bedroom suite, with a bathroom, a toilet, a small kitchen, an ok living room with a table and two chairs, a sofa bed (must admit, not the most comfortable sofa in the world, but good enough), a flatscreen, a DVD player, another small table and another chair. The bedroom is a good size and the storage space is quite good. The kitchen doesn't have a washing machine, but there is a laundry room on the second floor.
There are very large windows with a stunning view (at least from this side of the hotel, and we're in the 11th floor).
There is free wifi in the rooms, the common lounge and the lobby.
The service is nice; breakfast is included at the common lounge on the second floor and a maid comes three times a week to do the room. The hotel also provided a free shuttle that picked us up ay the airport, and the provide free buses in the morning to the financial district, although I must admit we've never used them.
The gym at the hotel is also surprisingly good.
The only flaw I can find is that the hotel does not have a pool, even though it's pretty new.
All in all, it is worth staying here, especially if you're travelling for business or for longer stays.
It has been a very positive experience right from the start and I'm glad we've stayed here because it does feel like home. Even if its's just a temporary one!
Very satisfied :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish, modern and compatible with the fashionable lifestyle of the international traveller, Citadines Mount Sophia is ideal for those who want to have a unique blend of prime serviced residence. The apartments are designed with space to work and live comfortably while being close to the excitement of the city. Enjoy the proximity of shopping and business on Orchard Road, the central business district, the Singapore MRT train stations like Dhoby Ghaut and Little India are both close at hand for travel throughout the country. At Citadines Mount Sophia you can choose the apartment that suits your needs along with the services that suit your lifestyle and budget. Customize your stay and enjoy Singapore like never before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Hotel Singapore
- Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore