When I spend more than a week in a place I prefer to get a serviced apartment as you can live a little more normally in my view. Anyway I found this one pretty good. Staff are friendly and efficient, they offer a decent set of hotel like services (like breakfast and laundry).
A couple of areas it could improve on:
1) The gym is pretty small, and rather oddly the breakfast room looks on to it which can be a bit disconcerting if you're eating breakfast your view can be people sweating away working hard in the gym which isn't great. Ideally you'd move the gym and make it bigger.
2) A map of the local area in the room along with recommendations of restaurants in the local area would be handy.
3) It's a 15 min walk to the closest MRT, which in Singapore can be either a VERY hot walk or a VERY wet walk depending on what the weather's doing (neither are pleasant when coming back from the office with a laptop bag). Having reception able to organise a taxi for you rather than waiting outside would be handy.
The local area is very good though, not touristy so some good restaurants about and at least two mini-mart's less than 5 minutes walk away.
The design of the place is very contemporary and the rooms are well equipped.
Basically if you're spending a couple of weeks in Singapore I think it's a pretty good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish, modern and compatible with the fashionable lifestyle of the international traveller, Citadines Mount Sophia is ideal for those who want to have a unique blend of prime serviced residence. The apartments are designed with space to work and live comfortably while being close to the excitement of the city. Enjoy the proximity of shopping and business on Orchard Road, the central business district, the Singapore MRT train stations like Dhoby Ghaut and Little India are both close at hand for travel throughout the country. At Citadines Mount Sophia you can choose the apartment that suits your needs along with the services that suit your lifestyle and budget. Customize your stay and enjoy Singapore like never before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Hotel Singapore
- Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore