“Clean, friendly staff, worth the price”

Beds and Dreams Inn @ ChinaTown
Ranked #40 of 231 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Quezon City, Philippines
“Clean, friendly staff, worth the price”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Rucksack during a 9-day solo trip last July 2013 & came back recently early this year. The whole package of the hostel is excellent! The lounge is homey; complete facilities; easy access from the MRT; and clean T&B. What I like most about Rucksack is their friendly, warm and accommodating staff because they will treat you like real friends! I miss you Ate Rosanna, Kuya Alvin, Junior and Serene! :) You guys are awesome! Note: feel free to write on their walls outside!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank wander_wonder_28

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Enschede, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is one of the better hostels I've seen in the past few months. Although it was quite expensive for a hostel (which you can expect in the rest of Singapore also), we had a good time here. We were greeted by Rosanna (who is super friendly and helpful), and she showed us our room and helped us book tickets and suggested sights in Singapore. We only stayed here one night because we weren't planning to stay very long in Singapore, but I would stay here longer if I could. We booked a dormroom, which was good. There is a great hostel ambiance and it's a nice place to hangout and relax. The location, in the middle of Chinatown, is great. It is close to the subway, so you can get anywhere without getting lost. I would absolutely recommend this hostel if you're going to Singapore!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My first visit to Singapore and I'm glad I booked accommodation at the Rucksack Inn. I was greeted with a gentle smile by Rosanna and she soon had me settled in my dorm room. This was the first indication that the staff are well trained and dedicated to customer service. The rest of my stay was most pleasant with continued help and conversation from other staff, Mike, Shaun, Jane and others (sorry I can't remember everyone I talked to). I also met Jacqui, the Manager, and she was lovely too!

Really excellent vibe at this hostel and the location in Chinatown is perfect!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MattyBeeOz
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed a few times on transit to Manado. The reception staff changes, but the regular one especially Rosanna, remembers me.

Clean, tidy and cozy living area. but i prefer the sofas better. The nearest to the MRT and have female dorm which makes single female travelers feel safe.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank OneZahir
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Upon high recommendation my brother i decided to try out RuckSack Inn @ temple street. And I'm happy to say that it has far exceeded my expectations. Value for money has no better expression than rucksack. The friendly courteous staff, and the chilled out relaxing space just made my holiday in Singapore one of the most worthwhile trips I have ever made.
Not only did Alvin and the rest of the crew help us out on our day to day activities at the Inn, but also did they help us in finding the best spots around Singapore.
Plus who would say no to toast, and coffee / Tea all day? YUP I KNOW!
Clean bathrooms and rooms with comfortable sleeping material, plus the tv space and gaming room was truly a blessing.
Will definitely come back :) (On a weekly basis if possible and if i don't get kicked out of work haha)
Cheers Jackie on the concept!
- Ishanka Fernando (Recent visitor)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ishfern
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Very good location nestled in the heart of china town only a few minutes round the corner from the metro which makes this place a good base to explore Singapore.

The rooms are clean but very small, we chose the 12 bed dorm which was very cramped and had to sleep in the bed with my rucksack. Bathrooms, toilets and breakfast area similar story, all clean and everything you need but very cramped.

Would of got 4/5 based on the above but after enjoying good service whilst staying the night we didn't get good service when it came to payment. Booked online, paid at the hostel but charged again full amount on card. All got refunded in the end so thanks to the team but took a long time to respond to emails and just general hassle you don't expect with a hostel with such good reviews.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I was greeted well when I arrived and given a brief orientation. It's my first experience staying in a dorm and it was ok. I got the upper deck of a 6 bedroom female dorm. The bed sheet was clean, mattress firm and soft lumpy pillow. Only thing I don't like was that the room didn't have any windows. The bathroom was separate from the shower and it was clean. They serve all day breakfast which is toast, coffee and tea. Location is convenient as it's located near Chinatown. I stayed for only one night in the Cantonese room.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo