“Value for money”

Beds and Dreams Inn @ ChinaTown
Ranked #38 of 235 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights, booked out a 6 bed dorm to share with friends. We all agreed it was the cleanest backpackers we had ever stayed at. Staff were friendly, informative and very accomodating. Happy to answer our questions and never in a hurry. The dorms are very small but super clean. Ample toilet and shower facilities, we never waited. Free wi fi worked perfectly. Great location in hub of Chinatown only few mjns walk to MRT. Super quiet too we didnt hear any noise during the night, rooms must be sound proof. Overall a great stay and would return again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank PerthEggs

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed in Singapore for four days and I wish I had found this gem of a place sooner. My last night was at Rucksack and what a pleasure it was. The staff was friendly, the decor was chic, and the bathrooms were clean, not to mention the bathrooms were separate from the showers, which was a huge plus.

In addition, the beds and sheets were both clean and comfortable. No squeaks when tossing and turning. If you're looking for a place, don't overlook this high class yet affordable hostel.

Room Tip: The top floor seems to be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank khandaddash
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The location is what this place all about. Only 3 minutes walk from China Town MRT and 1 station away from Clarke Quay. Me, my friends and my family stayed here for 2 nights and we got our own private room which was very nice. The place has a cozy common area where guests can come and hang out, watch TV, eat or play games. The decor is nice also, very chic and unique. I think this place was just opened less than a year therefore every corner is so clean. Their showrooms and toilets are spotless. Thumbs up to that! Lastly, the staff especially the younger ones were so friendly and helpful. The older lady was a bit grumpy though.

Room Tip: Get your own private room. It's better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nomad_bkk
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and loved it!! Very friendly and helpful staff, the bathrooms were so nice, very comfortable beds, amazing to have the all day breakfast with peanut butter, and the free access to computers was so great! I would return to Ruck Sack Inn in a flash!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Emma C
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in February 2012 after using a different hostel on previous occasions. This hostel was great, close to Clarke Quay and accessible to all that is on offer in Singapore. I was in the main drom that slept about over 20, although this sounds a lot there was no issue. There was a great wifi connection and a nice place to chill and relax watching tv or movie. The beds were comfortable with ample power points. There were lockers to hand too. The main door could only be accessed by a electronic card, so everything was secure, although the front desk was manned 24/7. There was only 2 showers for all that stayed, but I did not see this a problem as I got up at around 10am and maybe missed the busy time, where maybe it could have got busy. The free breakfast was ample amount of toast, butter and jam, which was perfect as it was free....lol......The rate of SG$26 is great value in Singapore (as Singapore hotels are very expensive) and would for sure stay again.......:)

Room Tip: Main dorm rooms are just perfect
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Gow
Reviewed March 24, 2012

stayed here with my family in August 2011.
Friendly staff.Place was always clean and the never ending toast and peanut butter supply was great. Highly recommend for other families needing cheap accommodation in Sinagapore.

Room Tip: the road frontage can be a bit daunting once inside and up the stairs all is revealed
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mummydearest1
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I will admit that when we saw the outside of Rucksack Inn on Hong Kong street, we were a little skeptical about what the place would really be like. However we though to ourselves "Well the location is great at least, and we won't even need to spend much time here so it won't matter much if it's not great." But we were wrong with our perceptions, because as soon as you enter the stairwell which will lead you to Rucksack Inn the walls are covered in writing, which were all travellers' comments stating how much they'd enjoyed their time at Rucksack. This gave us a more optimistic idea about what the hostel would be like, and as soon as we entered the facilities, we were not disappointed! Everything is absolutely spick and span, there is free internet, the beds are comfortable, the bathroom facilities are modern and clean. There was no sense of cheapness or 'cutting corners', which is something that we'd partially been expecting after paying such a low price compared to any other accommodation in Singapore!
But seriously, the location is excellent. I returned to Singapore a few weeks later and stayed in Little India but I much preferred my time in Clarke Quay at Rucksack. The MRT is an easy 5 minute walk, Central shopping center is practically across the road, and Boat Quay and Clarke Quay which are buzzing with nightlife are right on your doorstep.
I'm certain that anyone who stays at Rucksack Inn, whether short or long term, will never look back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends