Myself and 2 other backpackers passed through Singapore, with the intentions of staying only 1 day. After a long day of airports, traveling, and hauling heavy baggage, we finally arrived at Service World Backpacker Hostel. Because our flight left at 7am the following morning, we didn't need a place to sleep. We just needed a place to set our bags down for a few hours so we could explore the city. The staff at this hostel were extremely rude, unaccommodating, and quite frankly, we felt very disrespected that they rejected our service. We offered to pay for a room to just leave our luggage for a few hours. They wouldn't allow it and the worst part about it was, they didn't even supply a reason! All in all, I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone. They handled the situation with very little class and with complete disregard to accommodate backpackers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the Chinatown MRT Station and within the heart of Chinatown, the ServiceWorld Hostel is well established as a budget hostel , noted for comfort, convenience and cleanliness. Directions: take MRT to the Chinatown MRT Station. Exit at Exit C from the Chinatown MRT Station and walk to the Hostel . ( just a few minutes' walk). The Hostel is on top of the Sheng Siong Supermarket at Chin Swee Road, Singapore. It is a 24 hour Supermarket, adjacent to the Pearls' Hill City Park where you can relax in Nature's garden or do some jogging and walking exercise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hostel Century Service World reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Service World Backpackers Hotel Chinatown
- Hostel Century Service World Singapore