Myself and 2 other backpackers passed through Singapore, with the intentions of staying only 1 day. After a long day of airports, traveling, and hauling heavy baggage, we finally arrived at Service World Backpacker Hostel. Because our flight left at 7am the following morning, we didn't need a place to sleep. We just needed a place to set our bags down for a few hours so we could explore the city. The staff at this hostel were extremely rude, unaccommodating, and quite frankly, we felt very disrespected that they rejected our service. We offered to pay for a room to just leave our luggage for a few hours. They wouldn't allow it and the worst part about it was, they didn't even supply a reason! All in all, I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone. They handled the situation with very little class and with complete disregard to accommodate backpackers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Century Service World, located in a great area of Chinatown, is a cool fun-loving backpacker's haven in the heart of the city. We are just a stone's throw away from the Chinatown market and Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum. The Chinatown MRT Station is just a minute walking distance straight down the road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Century Service World Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Service World Backpackers Hotel Chinatown
- Century Service World Hostel Singapore