Footprints Hostel
Concorde Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$180
$156
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
$389
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Orchard Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$158
$134
  • Pool
Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$148
$132
  • Pool
PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$182
Naumi Hotel(Singapore)
$215
$163
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslittle indiamrt stationmixed roomchoice of cerealsfree breakfastshared bathroomclean bathroombunk bedscomfort roomfamily roomcheap foodbugis marketsim lim squaremustafa centremin walkper daybackpackers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Paying such amount for a normal dormitory here or any other backpackers place in Singapore (per night), you probably automatically gonna upgrade yourself into a flashpacker or able to stay 3 to 6 days or maybe more in other place in South East Asia.

Nothing special about Footprints Hostels. It is just another normal backpackers hostels. I hated the share toilet/bathroom. It wasn't at the best state when I was there and it is not even full-house. And the room as well, not in an impressive state. Kindda dirty but well, I couldn't blame the hostel 100% I guess as I know some backpackers are pretty messy too. Heh! The bed was OK but a lil' bit too small and short I guess? Standard Asian-size bed perhaps? They should check for bigger beds like many places in Cambodia offered!

The only thing that I like about this place is the common area. Because this is the only place that I'd chilled out and socialize with other like-minded backpackers. But during my time too many people from China cramped that place and I am pretty annoyed as they talked really loud and at a point like they gonna have a verbal fight (although it was actually the way they having conversation!).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed here 2 times by the middle / end of May. Each time for several days in a 12 bed dorm. 2nd stay I was lucky enough to get the special that they sell on their website which was very good value!

PLUS:
- location! In the heart of little india :-)
- found dorms to be spacious enough
- every bed has an own small shelf, socket and reading light
- rooms have lockers
- for a deposit you can get adapters for the socket and padlocks for the locker from the reception
- basic breakfast included
- staff was really friendly and helpful (they even kept my arabic sweets, which were a present, when I forgot them the fridge and went to Melaka for a few days)
- walking distace to many places, close to MRT
- free and fast Wifi - loved it :-)

MINUS:
- "flooded" bathrooms, they are always wet.
- bathrooms to humid (no window)
- common room, reception and kitchen were all together in one room, but the room was simply too small for that concept. It felt too crowded for me.

I could no say that street noise bothered me.
It were more my room mates that interrupted my sleep. But you can hardly blame a hostel for that. The bigger dorms just seem to attract guest who don't care about their room mates.

I wish I could go for a half star, cause then I'd rate it as 3.5 stars.
But because I can't and I compare to other hostels I have stayed at, I gotta go for the 3 stars.
The positive outweighs the negative though and I would stay again :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Apolda
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I wasn't expecting much when I booked this hostel as I was really on a budget and booked their promotion beds online.The hostel location is quite central and I had no problems getting around via public transport with a tourist pass I bought at Bugis MRT station.

I stayed for 3 nights and met a few backpackers at the hostel where we hung out together. I heard from the staff that the hostel was recently upgraded and now I have my own reading light and power point. A really useful feature if you have 10 people in a room! .Breakfast was simple but had everything I needed, toast n cereal with strong coffee to start my day. They also had oranges placed near the reception counter during breakfast hours .

The staff was friendly and ever ready to answer my queries with a smile. There is a female staff wearing spectacles whom gave me great advice on where I can get some good local food. In the end, I had this yummy chicken rice & would you believe it? I tried this frog leg porridge thingie she recommended in a place called Geylang. Lots of eating places at this area which opens late.

Guests were hanging out at the reception and terrace at all hours and it is easy to meet up with people. Overall, for the price I paid online, this hostel far exceeded my expectations

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank charminggalUSA
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed in private room for 6. Location is far from MRT station, not much you can see around hostel area. Room quite nice but the blanket little bit dirty and small. Aircon is good but cannot turn it on before 7pm. Bathroom always full just have 3 shower room + 3 toilets. Breakfast was good but not much sitting area. Staff are nice and helpful. Thank you Footprints

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

It was my 1st experience to stay at hostel and it was good. The hostel was clean, they served breakfast and the location was good as well. It's in little India area an only 5 minutes walk to bus stop. Please take note they only have 1 bathroom with 5 shower for one floor. oh, the wi-fi was sooo fast!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends