“Brilliant location, wonderfully friendly staff and very clean”

Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have just got back from a 10 day stay with my husband, 19 year old son and girlfriend and my 15 year old daughter. We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment on the 4th floor, which was great location to the beautiful Pool and gym. The rooms where large and very clean, we had a comfortable lounge with a big TV, dinning room and well equipped kitchen. 2 bedrooms,1 with another TV were large and the beautiful, white clean sheets and comfortable beds were lovely. The whole apartment was very clean, the staff that came and serviced our rooms were excellent they couldn't be more accommodating or friendly.
The front office staff were fantastic especially Ace Tan who went "above and beyond !" Every question I asked about local food, Hawkers markets, attractions, shops etc was meet with enthusiasm to help, nothing was too much trouble, such a warm genuine person. I had my Birthday while staying and Ace organised a beautiful box of cup cakes and sweets to be left in our room when we got back from an outing to the wonderful Zoo. What a lovely gesture, so kind and thoughtful!
I would highly recommend this hotel for families, friends, business and solo.
There is a breakfast room available Monday to Friday which provides pastries, toast, crossings,cereals,eggs and sausages, tea coffee and juices. Great for those that want a breakfast before heading out for the day.
Location isperfect just a 5 minute walk to Clarke Quay for restaurants and bars, 5 min walk to China Town with all the fantastic hawker markets for cheap delicious food, 5 min walk to Clarke Quay MRT for efficient quick transport that's cheap, there is a bus stop outside the hotel and staff are only too happy to give you help, Taxis are ever where but staff will happily get you 1, it is 30 minute taxi ride to Changi Airport about A $16, we did all the tourist attractions from the fantastic Zoo, Universal Studios to the Gardens by the Bay all were easy to get to and soo worth while,there is a great little coffee shop The Yellow Cup outside the front of the hotel if you are into coffee.
I would say that staying here was 1 of the highlights of our holiday thank you everyone on the staff you were Brilliant! This was my 3rd visit to Singapore and I will be back.

Room Tip: 4th floor great pool, gym and laundry location,
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Sue201404
seowyn, Residence Manager at Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Sue201404,

Thank your for your thoughtful review.

Your compliments to our team, especially Ace, means a lot to them. It is such compliments that motivates the team to a greater height in service level.

We are really glad that we have been BRILLIANT.

The team looks forward to seeing you and your family again.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Recent 10 night stay here whilst on a family holiday with 3 young children. This 3 bed apt was comfortable, well equipped and conveniently placed between Clarke Quay and Chinatown MRT. Express store metres away and nearby supermarket meant all needs were met and we did not use the breakfast facility. Staff were all friendly and helpful, room cleaned regularly and apart from needing swim towels(bought cheaply in Chinatown) we enjoyed the location, plenty of things to see, do and places to eat to suit all budgets. The children all loved the swimming pool. Laundry facility also very convenient and inexpensive for a massive family wash. A great place for us to stay. Thanks to all staff

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HampshirePanda8

Dear HampshirePanda8,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

Village Residence Clarke Quay is indeed conveniently located where one can easily get to the many interesing places in Singapore.

Remember to recommend us to your friends back home.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

What a wonderful place to stay! I stayed there with my 2 boys aged 11 and 13 in April, 2014 as well as my 12 year old nephew. Another family group plus friends also stayed there at the same time. I stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was very large and contained a lounge area, kitchen plus 2 very good size bedrooms. The rooms were immaculately cleaned and the beds were extremely comfortable with luxurious pillows. The bathroom was however extremely small and could not fit more than 1/2 people at a time but other than that, it was amazing. The pool area was just lovely! Pool towels were not supplied so you had to use your room towels but as the rooms were cleaned every 2 days, this wasn't really a problem. It would have been nice if room service was available, but restaurants are very close by. The breakfast was okay, not a huge selection though. There is a fantastic coffee shop downstairs though which we visited every day called Yellow Cup Coffee or something similar to that! The reception desk couldn't change Aussie dollars, which would be good if they did but there are ATM machines only a 3/4 minute walk away. Thanks for a great holiday, the staff were very friendly and accommodating plus the security staff were wonderful, we certainly felt safe at all times. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear 233Karen,

We are glad that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for recommending us to your friends and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was here on business for a temporary assignment for just over 4 months. I stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment, which was quite large, and furnished with all the essentials. If something was missing or broken, it was added or replaced within hours. For example, I wanted to get a non-stick pan for cooking. I wasn't sure if I had to buy one or if it would be provided, so I figured I'd ask, and they provided me with one within an hour. Another example: I thought my remote control was broken and had just asked for new batteries. Instead someone came to check it out, determined it was a problem with the television, and replaced the television within 24 hours. All of the staff is super friendly and helpful. Everyone smiles when you walk in the door, and has plenty of great advice to offer if you need help with anything.

The residence itself is not the most modern inside, but it's still clean and up to date. The furniture is a bit dated, but perfectly fine. Cleaning people come 3 days a week which is also nice, and they even did my dishes (although not always very well...). The pool is beautiful and the gym is simple but good enough for what I needed with a variety of equipment, machines, water and towels.

The best part about the residence is its location. You could not be more central - not only are you a stones throw away from the CBD, Chinatown, nightlife, restaurants, etc. but you are on two different lines of the MRT (Blue/Purple) with the Clarke Quay and Chinatown stops about a 5 minute walk away (also helpful for picky cabbies because they usually don't mind driving you to a central location).

All together, I had a very comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Apparently facing away from Clarke Quay is quieter. I did have a room that faced away and it was tot...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank abbylok89
seowyn, Residence Manager at Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear abbylok89,

The team is so excited to receive your review and we are glad that you have enjoyed your 4 months stay with us.

I am proud that my team has impressed you with our hospitality and helpfulness.

Please choose to stay with us again on your next visit.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Three families met in Singapore and stayed at Village Residence Clarke Quay Apartments. The location was just great, walking distance to China Town, where we purchased our evening meals. Both Clarke Quay MRT and China Town MRT were a few minutes walk away, so transport was a breeze for us. The staff were very accommodating, always had a welcoming smile and they helped us find our way to a number of venues and were always there to help. We also felt quite special having a cheerful doorman open the door for us. The coffee machine in the lobby was really appreciated, especially when we came home at night after tripping around all day. The en-suite bathroom was large and spacious. It was a shame the main bathroom wasn't larger as it was rather cramped for 4 adults. The free breakfast on week days was a great way to start the day. The pool was beautifully maintained and a joy to laze around in. I would certainly recommend Village Residence to anyone who wanted to stay in Singapore for a week or longer. Thank you again for making our stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: We were happy with our 3 bedroom apartment
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mnorth052
seowyn, Residence Manager at Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear mnorth052,

It is my pleasure to know that you and your family had a memorable stay with us.

Getting around from Village Residence Clarke Quay is really easy, just like you mentioned.

Do stay with us again on your next visit and please tell your friends about us.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

As first comers to Singapore, we were very wary and anxious of the transition because we have a small child. The many staff members, from security personnel to housekeeping to business center breakfast room staff have been not only very friendly, but also incredibly warm and accommodating which makes this temporary housing feels truly like a home away from home!

The house keeping staff go out of their duties and way to help me wash the dishes left in the sink every time! In addition, they always made sure we had a clean room to return to after breakfast because they know my baby needs to take a nap. I am very touched by their careful observances and thoughtfulness as I have never disclosed my baby's schedule. Furthermore, the attention to detail is just impeccable! I returned one day to find there were door stoppers left in our rooms to help prevent our 14-months old from locking herself inside the rooms. It never occurred to me that this could happen, and such accidents were prevented before they could even take place! Every staff member we come across always greets us with the warmest smiles, and always ready to help whether to open the door for me or help me with my baby. I really enjoyed the conversations we had, and appreciates the many advices given on my baby. Although she is not talking yet, but she sure is enjoying her stay here as well because she is just so happy to see all the uncles and aunties.

I would like to thank the following people for their outstanding services:
Room stewardess: Ming Fang, Gong Chu, Xue Ni
Breakfast auntie Junita, uncle Hock
House Keeping: Diana
Front Office: Ace Tan Li Khim , Lay Ying, Joseline, Noli
Security Staff: Wan, Jalil

I just cannot thank the above mentioned staff members, and the many more I bump into in the hallways here enough. It always makes me smile and feeling warm to see your friendly faces! It has been a great first month living in Singapore, and I would definitely choose to stay with Village Residence in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jingandfamily
seowyn, Residence Manager at Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear jingandfamily,

Thank you for such wonderful review for my team.

We know how tough it is in a foreign land and even more such with a kid. That is why we always pay more attention to see how we can make you less stress and more comfortable.

It is really heart warming to see my team's effort appreciated by wonderful guests like yourself and your family.

We have also enjoyed all the friendly chats with you in the lobby and we wish you all the best at your new home. Do visit us if you happen to be near, for chats again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My family and I recently visited Singapore and choose to stay at the village apartments for 10 days. We researched a number of hotels, by closely looking at their ratings and localities. We choose to stay at the Village apartments which is located very Centrally where you can readily access Trains, shopping in China Town and local eateries are close by.

The first night we got there it was pretty late but their friendly staff assisted us and got us into the room we stayed in for 10 days. We had the 3 bedroom apartment which was very well presented. My two sons were in one of the rooms which was infested with ants. We came to learn about it when one of the boys saw the ants and brought it to my attention. I called reception and the friendly staff sent one of the room attendants to spray the ants and cleaned the room.

Apart from this mishap everything else went really well, The staff members I found were very friendly, accommodating and helpful. I must have got a stomach bug and one of the girls at reception was really concerned and encouraged that I go to their hospital for a quick check up just in case.

I felt at home especially when I was bored, I went downstairs to have a chat with staff, although busy but resourceful with information etc.

Room Tip: I can't say much about other rooms but our 3 bedroom apartment was nice and cool especially when...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stevie S
seowyn, Residence Manager at Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Stevie,

I am glad to hear that you and your family had enjoyed your stay with us.

I do apologise for the unfortunate pest mishap but I am glad my team responded immediately.

We understand how it is like to be in a foriegn land and we will do our best to make your stay comfortable, close to the feeling of home.

We wish you all the best and hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Singapore.

Regards,