Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality
Perth, Australia
“General Overview”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My family and I recently visited Singapore and choose to stay at the village apartments for 10 days. We researched a number of hotels, by closely looking at their ratings and localities. We choose to stay at the Village apartments which is located very Centrally where you can readily access Trains, shopping in China Town and local eateries are close by.

The first night we got there it was pretty late but their friendly staff assisted us and got us into the room we stayed in for 10 days. We had the 3 bedroom apartment which was very well presented. My two sons were in one of the rooms which was infested with ants. We came to learn about it when one of the boys saw the ants and brought it to my attention. I called reception and the friendly staff sent one of the room attendants to spray the ants and cleaned the room.

Apart from this mishap everything else went really well, The staff members I found were very friendly, accommodating and helpful. I must have got a stomach bug and one of the girls at reception was really concerned and encouraged that I go to their hospital for a quick check up just in case.

I felt at home especially when I was bored, I went downstairs to have a chat with staff, although busy but resourceful with information etc.

Room Tip: I can't say much about other rooms but our 3 bedroom apartment was nice and cool especially when...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Stevie S
seowyn, Residence Manager at Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Stevie,

I am glad to hear that you and your family had enjoyed your stay with us.

I do apologise for the unfortunate pest mishap but I am glad my team responded immediately.

We understand how it is like to be in a foriegn land and we will do our best to make your stay comfortable, close to the feeling of home.

We wish you all the best and hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Singapore.

Regards,

Yen Nee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was due to arrive in Singapore on 1st June 2013 for several weeks on business. I asked my company if I could have an apartment rather than stay in a hotel room with no home comforts and only way to eat was out which is not ideal.
From uk I did some research based on area where I had stayed before and location and journey to my company's office in church road.i am not a great fan of high rise apartments either so when I saw the marketing pictures of VRCQ I had to look into the detail as I was intrigued to see it was only 6 or 7 floors high.
Walkable if need be .
I do not think my company had used this residence before -so I was very happy to give them feed back after my stay.
Location and the journey to office was great as I worked out a route which was mainly under cover should it rain during my journeys.
I did use the free mini bus occasionally and the free breakfast was a nice hassle free way to start the week days.
I like a firm mattress and so my bed was brilliant for me which was a nice bonus as I usually fine hotel mattresses are to soft.
Gyms not something I am use to using in uk but I did find this helpful to keep fit .
Plus sauna and good size pool. My apartment was close to gym so eSy to see if it was busy or not before I left my apartment.
Kitchen was well appointed with its own washing machine. A rice cooker was available from reception.
The only thing I found missing was inability to switch bedroom light off from the bed. But a bedside lamp was available from reception.
The apartment was of average size but adequate.
All air con units worked well
Cleaning every other day worked well.
Outside noise was not a problem during my stay with windows always shut. Even the road noise from busy Havelock road was not an issue from inside apartment.
What could I find fault with only the lack of power points in kitchen and size of work surface might be an issue if prepping meals for 4 people.
I was surprised the sofa was really only a 2seater and not a bed settee, but that might be a health and safety issue.
Reception has been mentioned by several reviews.yes I agree during my stay I never had any negative thoughts about this team. They were always friendly helpful and efficiently added value.

In conclusion I have to plan another trip to Singapore very soon. My requirements are the same except this trip is likely to be for 12 months so I really want to get my accommodation as perfect as possible.
I have used VRCQ as my benchmark for my company to match or better.

I am about to ask them to rebook me into VRCQ .

So see you all in early April

Room Tip: Location is important to me as I was on business. Buses ran past VRCQ and Clarke quay mrt 5 minutes...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jonathan,

Appreciate your detailed review!

And Yes we have received your reservation and we are looking forward to welcome you again. The team awaits to impress you again with our hospitality.

See you soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay and experience being at the Village Residence Clarke Quay with friendly and caring staff everywhere especially the duty manager Ace and his staff Noli which they will try their very best to accommodate your needs. Thumb up to their top notch service which make us feel at home for the past 6 months. Appreciate warm welcome and extended support offered by the staff. Good property. Enjoyed my stay with my wife and would love to revisit.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
seowyn, Residence Manager at Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Tony C,

Hooray to Team Village Residence Clarke Quay on achieving another satisfied guest!

I am indeed very proud of my service team for making your stay a wonderful experience. Ace and Noli have also sung praises on how nice you are too.

We certainly hope for your return to stay with us again.

Wishing you and your family a prosperous lunar new year. Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed for 12 days, it was perfect for accessing the MRT and Chinatown was just down the road. Apartment was very clean and was serviced every second day. The Pool was huge and perfect to relax in after a full day out and about exploring Singapore.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank snrdrainage
seowyn, Residence Manager at Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear snrdrainage,

It is my pleasure to know that you and your family love our swimming pool. I personally find it a real gem in the city too.

Getting around from Village Residence Clarke Quay is really easy, just like you mentioned.

Be sure to stay with us again on your next visit and please tell your friends about us.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We chose to stay here as we have two teenage children and it's proving harder to get reasonable price hotel rooms. We had a 2 bed apartment overlooking the pool. The apartment is spacious, one room with double bed, the other with 2 singles. Large living area with TV and dining table and chairs. Master bedroom also has TV. Kitchen is well equipped although we only used the toaster and kettle.
Breakfast is served in the business centre which is in the next building but once we worked out the short cut through the car park it didn't take long.
Breakfast is basic compared to some large hotels but it was sufficient for us to fill up to start the day. They have cereals, small pastries, bread, buns and fruit. Then some other things on different days. Don't expect a full cooked breakfast.
Breakfast also isn't served at weekends - not a problem, we just bought bread and jam and had that in the apartment before we went out.
Very close to clarke quay where we caught the Hippo tour bus and ate out a few nights.
The staff were always helpful in getting taxis for us each morng if requested and staff were all friendly and very helpful at all times.
The pool is lovely, didn't get time to try the gym though!
I would easily recommend staying here

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Gail M
Dear Gail M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay.

Many of our guests like yourself have found our continental breakfast sufficient to start your day right. And we are in close proximity to nice food places so it is recommended to try those places on weekends.

Our friendly staff awaits you and your family on your next visit.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had stayed at the Village residence at Clarke Quay Singapore in August 2013. This was our first trip to Singapore. The country and the people are lovely. But I wouldn’t recommend the Village residence for a short trip. The rooms are extremely cramped up. Its a complete rip off. when we booked our two bedroom apartment (for 1 week) it was not mentioned to us that Breakfast is not served on Public Holidays and the weekend, neither did we know that from 6 days of our stay 2 were public holidays, cause the hotel fails to inform this when making a booking. The breakfast is a joke. You are better off having food from out. On the plus side the hotel is located in a very convenient location and the staff is pretty friendly. The rooms and pool area is very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
seowyn, Residence Manager at Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Michy18,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with Village Residence Clarke Quay .

We regret to hear that you found our two bedroom apartment small for your family. As part of a serviced apartment offering, we have dedicated space to the living room, dining area and kitchen in addition to the bedrooms so that guest may enjoy the space and the use of facilities in the apartment.

As guest stays are generally longer in serviced apartments, we offer only continental breakfast which is only served on weekdays (except local Public Holidays) and meet the needs of long stay guests better. The information on this is stated on our website as well as other booking sites.

Although we were not able to meet your expectations in certain areas, we are glad that you and your family were pleased with our location and enjoyed the warm hospitality provided by our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you again and please feel free to write to me at info.vrcq@fareast.com.sg on your next visit. We will do our best to allocate a more spacious unit for you.

Thank you once again.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I've been here for a week while working and am very happy. The location is superb, close to Clarke Quay, Chinatown and the city. The staff are very friendly and welcoming - and this really helps when you on your own in another city. The room is spacious and comfortable albeit the bathroom is a bit tired and could do with a refresh. I haven't cooked but the kitchen is generous and quite well equipped. The gym and pool are also good. Only quibble is the breakfast. It's in another (close) building but it's pretty average. On my first morning the coffee machine wasn't working, there was no yoghurt and the fruit and cereal chooses were pretty hopeless. I'd skip it and go get some food from the supermarket.....and there is a coffee machine in reception!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
seowyn, Residence Manager at Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear always_hoping Sydney,

It is always great to know that our guests are happy with their stay with us.

On the breakfast, we do serve yoghurt on alternate days. Nevertheless, do not be shy to ask the breakfast staff the next time you stay with us. I am sure the staff will be delighted to get it for you. As for the coffee machine, it only operates after breakfast hours, as we are serving potted coffee and tea during breakfast.

We hope to serve you again here in Village Residence Clarke Quay.

Wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.