Do not stay here until all of the "renovations" are complete.
Have been staying here for 3.5 months and will be here another 2.5. If I could move to another location I absolutely would. Overall the location is amazing and the staff are helpful when it comes to basic things but I am SO sick of the constant letters (2-3 times a week) stating that one service or another will be out of use. Constant pounding and drilling do not allow for sleep due to the installation of sprinklers.
Was told that I will have to move units and the dates were not provided until less than a week before. Got to my new apartment and they were trying to give me one HALF the size of where I was living before. I said absolutely not. The price is an absolute rip off for what they were trying to give me.
There is supposed breakfast in the morning that starts at 7, but do not depend on hot breakfast being available until 7:45 at the earliest. I have to leave for work at 7:30 and have gotten hot breakfast 2 days in 3 months. I should be reimbursed for all of that.
-Location (close to CBD, MRT)
-Maid service 3x week
-Staff will fetch a cab for you
-Quiet pool area
-Multiple cockroach instances in apartment even though I barely keep food and on 5th floor
-Laundry machines have DESTROYED lots of my clothing (do not use their machines)
-Constant services being closed (gym, laundry, pool door access, etc)
-Breakfast never ready when it is supposed to
-Big hassle to move every time they want to do construction on different apartments
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within walking distance away to Singapore’s Central Business District, Village Residence Clarke Quay provides easy access for executives on short stays in Singapore who have regular work commitments or frequent business meetings at Raffles Place and Tanjong Pagar areas. The serviced residences is also accessible by foot to a wide range of dining and shopping options along the Clarke Quay riverside and the rich cultural heritage which awaits at Chinatown. A brisk 5-minute walk will also bring you to Central shopping centre and Clarke Quay MRT, which connects to rest of Singapore. In addition, the Orchard shopping belt is only 5 minutes away by car.Village Residence Clarke Quay has Straits Chinese elements with its corridors’ decorations of wood carvings and hand painted ceramic tiles. Each of the 128 service residences comes with a fully-equipped kitchen, cable television, Wi-Fi and wonderful city views which include the subordinate courts, and even some authentic Peranakan terrace shop houses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Residence Clarke Quay by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Central Square Village Residences Hotel Singapore
- Village Residence Clarke Quay By Far East Hospitality Singapore