“So-called Japanese”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Jurong East
“So-called Japanese”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had tried once here, and noo. I won't consider to come back.

It costed me SGD 18.7 for set lunch and tea, but the taste of food is below average...

Assorted tempura tasted cold and hard... the real taste of tempura shouldn't be like that... sushi is another nightmare, not fresh, and oh, they don't serve sashimi here.. only those of japanese ingredients which can be stored in fridge for couple days but not fresh sashimi fishes! Was a bit disappointed... The only 'safe' dish is the Udon, tasted fine (it is warm at least).

If it is ard SGD 10 sth, still acceptable, for almost SGD 20 but tasted like that? I would consider to visit somewhere else

(Sad)

• Visited January 2013

“So-so”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had the traditional nabeyaki. I would say it’s the smoothest and slipperiest udon I’ve ever tasted in a Jap Restaurant so far. But I don't eat Jap too often so I'm not sure if it should be this kind of standard, but nevertheless worth a try if you're nearby. Otherwise I think it's fine to walk in to any other Jap Restaurant as long as you're craving for jap food.

• Visited October 2012
“ajisen deteriorating food quality”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

4years ago me and my friend loved to dine at ajisen coz of its wide array of ramen dishes.if we have something to celebrate or to unwind from stress,THIS IS the place we normally meet and enjoy the time passing with great food to feast.the tan toro and volcano ramen we usually order tasted so delicious without any guilt of eating the fat coz the pork were garnished on top of the ramen dried and thinly sliced to perfection.

but now,everytime we patronize ajisen from any jap resto that are fast sprouting,we got disappointed and sad.what we got now is a bowl of grease,oil,scum&fats that almost drowned the ramen.pork are coated with oil and carcinogen burnt meat.side dishes comes with extra oil in it.chew it and your mouth will fill by not the dish but the oil.

today,we made an agreement that WE WILL COME BACK TO AJISEN ANYMORE.

Singapore, Singapore
“A branch of kazokutei@junction 8 ......cashier staff”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I went to eat at the restaurant on 13.9.12 and was very happy with the staff. She gave me a "summer card " which entitled me to a VIP card if I achieved 6 stamps.

On 19.9.12 I visited the place again and had my late lunch. It was 5.10 pm when I paid my bill.
The cashier insisted that my "summer card" expired on 18.9.12!!!!

She even told me OFF that I should be the one checking my own card!!!

How can a company give out "summer card" which expire less than a week????

Visited September 2012
“Stay away”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

One of the most ridiculous service ever encountered in a Japanese restaurant. Ordered the Wagyu Shabu Shabu, came with puny strips of beef, and a tiny plate of sesame sauce. When we asked for more sesame sauce, we were told we had to pay extra for the sauce! First time I encountered something as crazy as this anywhere in the world.

During payment we tried to ask them why they charged for sauce topup, the answer was "the sesame sauce is expensive". I give up.

• Visited July 2012