“Please please please save your $$ and not book this GOD AWFUL PLACE.”

Goldkist Beach Resort
Ranked #199 of 234 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you're thinking "Let's give the Chalet a try, MAYBE its not as bad as they say it is?"..

STOP. CLOSE THE BROWSER AND DO NOT GIVE IT ANOTHER THOUGHT.

All us who have reviewed this place are the unlucky ones who had to experience this terrible appalling place and this is a plea for others to avoid making the same mistake we did.

The place is ROACH INFESTED. Sure, we know that its a Chalet and roaches are part and parcels of it. But really, this place is a cockroach nest. In the bedrooms, in the toilets, in the common area, even on the table you place your food! There is no escaping them..

Other issues I have with the Chalet:
- Cracked wall plasters flaking all over the floors
- Open cracks on walls & ceilings where cockroaches roam in and out
- Thick dust covering air conditioner
- Exposed air-conditioner pipes
- Leaking refrigerator
- Yellowed-stained bathroom walls and tiles
- Dust-covered windowsills
- Broken faucet on the sink
- Insufficient lightings at barbeque area and walkways
- Dimmed lightings in chalet
- Filthy, stained bedsheets

Cost Breakdown,
Chalet: $416 (3 Days 2 Nights)
Deposit: $50 (Refunded upon check-out)
BBQ Pit Rental: $25 (p/night)
Table + 4 Chairs: $19 (p/night)
Kettle: (unknown)

Above all, I’d have to say to compare with other chalets in Singapore, this has got to be the filthiest money sucking place I have ever been to. If they’re going to suck our money dry for everything we require in a chalet, the least we expect in return is a proper comfortable accommodation.

Again, this is a plea to all. If you are considering this place. DO NOT BOOK IT!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Alina_AC
There are newer reviews for Goldkist Beach Resort

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have to write a review about this guy.. His name is Vikas, or Vikkash. It seems that he is the new Manager/Owner of GoldKist Resort. He is a Indian PR, and this guy was very very rude to my company staff when they wanted to check-in to their room. He threatened us that he will refund our cash and ask us to leave if we did not provide them the info of the actual person who booked the chalet. It was just a matter of a few minutes. When asked to come down to resort so that we can talk things face to face, this guy refused to do so. So much for the boss of the resort. I remember when this resort was run by a singaporean local many years back, it was much better in terms of service and cleanliness of the resort. Now the place is just a run down ruin. Better still, their mini mart caught fire and they were walking around so relaxed, not doing anything about it. It's an epic fail. Never am i gonna go there, or recommend anyone whom i know. GoldKist is now the biggest dirt in east coast beach.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank RudeBoyGiri
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had an overall terrible experience there. The room was filthy with many broken doors and fan. When we opened the room for the first time, we were greeted with a stench. Thank God we only book it for a night! The worst part was the staff there were rude especially the shop owners. Never in my life had I encounter such bad service in Singapore. Unless they change their management, I will never go there again or recommend it to anyone!

5  Thank Fyra
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

we moved here from another budget hotel to live for one week.. well there is absolutely no order to this place. the staff are nice enough but perhaps being understaffed is the problem.
the hotel has good bones and is in a great location right on the beach.if you walk to the right you can hire an old bike 1hour for 7 dollsrs or two hrs for 10.plenty of cheap eating places to the left of the hotel as well as popular restaurants. hard to find tables on sat n sun nights tho.even at 9pm its still packed.we enjoyed biking past here to the bedok jetty... people fishing walking at night. the walkway in front of resort runs all along the coast and lots of ppl always walking runnimg biking bbqs and camping. reminds me of being homr back in napier, new zealand in a way.

now back to hotel... our room wadnt made up at all the first three days we had to ask at 7pm when we got home for fresh towels and toilet paper.

the other downside there is no bus until the weekend so if your lucky enough to book a cab or see one driving that you can flag down then you dont have to walk in the heat down yhe roaf across overpass and through an apt block to reach a bus.

this place does have good bones and would benefit from a revamp.

lots of school groups stay here too.

5  Thank tkbran
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was extremely disappointed with my stay here. Not recommended to anyone to even spend one night here! Rooms were extremely dirty, badly furnished, damaged furnitures / appliances, expensive with rude and inefficient staffs!

I booked two rooms and paid almost $500 for one night. To top it all up, I needed to spend an additional $35 for a BBQ pit, $2 for ONE stool, $2.50 for 5 pieces of firestarter, $2.80 for one mineral water, $5.50 for a pack of ice, $7 for one styrofoam box, $15 for BBQ wire mesh. Well, to sum it all up, I had to spend a whooping $715.00 for two filthy units for one night of stay and to be able to BBQ. Well, I wouldn't have mind if I had the luxury of a clean room, although not well furnished. But what shocked me was having to step onto sands and dirt scattered all over the unit as if it hasn't been cleaned for the past month. The unit stinks so bad we had to open the windows immediately but what shocked us the most was when we opened the fridge to be greeted with such a foul smell. The fridge wasn't cleaned before us! We went to our rooms to only be greeted further with shock when there's maggots at the side of the bed. Wall were so dirty you'll be afraid to walk near them worried that you might 'brush' yourself against the walls. Doors were so bad and broken it made locking the door so difficult. The toilet is so dirty that the public toilet seems much more 'cleaner' to be in. The walls were filthy dirty with scrapes of boogies!

If you require a water kettle, you'll need to rent it at $10.00. No soaps were provided, not even one small bar! Because the condition of the floor was so bad and we were too disgusted to sit on it, we decided to request for extra stools (there were 2 stools provided). However we were told that we had to pay $2 to rent one stool. To top it all up with the expensive charges, the air conditioning wasnt working. When we complained, they sent 3 of their men to look at the air-con problem and finally only at night, we were told it cannot be fixed and they will provide us with a fan. How upsetting it was! We paid so much to be sleeping in a hot room! When we complained to them, staffs were inefficient and couldn't care much.

We had walked more than 400m and went to their shop to rent the stools and was told that we cannot rent anything unless we bring along our check in slip. I told them no one informed me this and it will be very inconvenient that I walk back to my unit and I told her I am pregnant and not feeling well to walk back. I told her I'll give her my ic and unit number for her to enter it into her system for my purchase. But the grumpy indian lady (in her 30s-40s) replied was 'too bad, too bad, too bad'. I told her that she can check my room number from my name but then again all she answered was 'too bad, too bad' RUDELY! I was upset and told my husband to get the slip and when he came back to question the grumpy indian AUNTY (lady) why she had to be rude in answering me back, she said 'this is my shop, you don't ask me why'. My husband became furiously mad and told her off for her lack in mannerism and she said she could do whatever she wants she can even call the security to get rid of my husband. So we told her to call the security but next she did was to pack our ice and took our money. Anw before that, when I came to her to ask whats the price listing for the BBQ pit, the grumpy old woman told me 'see there urself!'. How rude!

My next encounter with the other 3 indian staffs were the same. they were horribly rude and none had professionalism. When we questioned why do they have to be rude to us, all of them will not have any answer to my question and continued being rude. That shows how poor the management is! On top of that, the reception guy made me sign for a third room when I only rented two rooms for a night. When I questioned him why the need to sign for 3 rooms, he told me to shut up and just sign. When I scolded him for trying to cheat me and told him my intention to complain to the owner, his answer was 'so what, nothing will happen' and he continued murmuring in Tamil or Hindi.

This place is never and will never be a good place for anyone! When my friends told me of all the bad reviews, i was stubborn and told myself to just give it a try. Now that I've encountered it first hand, I regretted wasting my money there! DO NOT STAY AT GOLD KIST! We posted a review at their fb wall and it got deleted and blocked. Few of my friends encountered the same problem too. They are just swindlers!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank FionaZapple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

For a 4-star hotel price these are what u get:
Broken doors
Broken aircon
Broken fridge
Odd & broken table & chair that look like they picked up from some garbage yard
Filthy toilet
Filthy rooms
Filthy walls
Toilet no soap
No water kettle
Anything basics thats not there & you asked for it, you have to pay.
PLUS staff who are not even trained to use their brains!

3  Thank fit123
Reviewed January 13, 2013

It all began with a room that is so terrible, I have no other choice than to request for a room change. The room is equipped with a broken fan, dirty floor, dirty beds and a broken doors. After the room change, I was expecting a better room, maybe the 1st one was just one of the dirty ones. BUT THEN, I was wrong. The second room has a working fan and door, but the fridge is broken. After calling the hotline several times, the technician came and told me that he will change a new one for me. After 2 hours, we still didnt see him. After an hour more, the worker told me that they do not have enough people to move the fridge, and requested me to help him move. LIKE I HAVE A CHOICE! He just moved the fridge from another room to mine, and just moved the one in my room to the other. The second room still faces the same problem, dirty towel, beds, floor, walls, just pure awful. The manners of the "Wat a deal mart" is just hedious. I have never seen such rude Indian woman (no offense, no racism, she's the worst Indian woman I've ever seen) before. She never say "thank you", and the way she talk is so terrible, she can be graded as "ill-mannered". For everything there, the BBQ Pit, Tables, Chairs, Mahjong Tables, we would need to RENT THEM at a rather high price. Furthur more, we would need to carry them ourselves to and from the room, otherwise we would need to spend extra money for the delivery. On the day I check out, the worker came to my room to take the furnitures and BBQ Pit I rented. I thought it is some free service and I finally see a good side of this place. After he moved all the stuffs to his "cart pulling a garbage box" who would expect that the worker told me "Ohhh yea you did not request for the deilvery" and he moved all the stuff back to my room. Please, for the sake of your family, friends, and your own, please do not book a chalet here. I would rather recommend you to book a BBQ Pit at the East Coast Park and camping with tents, do not stay there as it would truly ruin your experience there.

Room Tip: Get a room in Aloha-Loyang or East Coast, or even rent a tent and camp at East Coast Park. DO NOT st...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple