“A total bad place for any occasions!”

Goldkist Beach Resort
Ranked #200 of 237 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed January 27, 2013

For a 4-star hotel price these are what u get:
Broken doors
Broken aircon
Broken fridge
Odd & broken table & chair that look like they picked up from some garbage yard
Filthy toilet
Filthy rooms
Filthy walls
Toilet no soap
No water kettle
Anything basics thats not there & you asked for it, you have to pay.
PLUS staff who are not even trained to use their brains!

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank fit123

Reviewed January 13, 2013

It all began with a room that is so terrible, I have no other choice than to request for a room change. The room is equipped with a broken fan, dirty floor, dirty beds and a broken doors. After the room change, I was expecting a better room, maybe the 1st one was just one of the dirty ones. BUT THEN, I was wrong. The second room has a working fan and door, but the fridge is broken. After calling the hotline several times, the technician came and told me that he will change a new one for me. After 2 hours, we still didnt see him. After an hour more, the worker told me that they do not have enough people to move the fridge, and requested me to help him move. LIKE I HAVE A CHOICE! He just moved the fridge from another room to mine, and just moved the one in my room to the other. The second room still faces the same problem, dirty towel, beds, floor, walls, just pure awful. The manners of the "Wat a deal mart" is just hedious. I have never seen such rude Indian woman (no offense, no racism, she's the worst Indian woman I've ever seen) before. She never say "thank you", and the way she talk is so terrible, she can be graded as "ill-mannered". For everything there, the BBQ Pit, Tables, Chairs, Mahjong Tables, we would need to RENT THEM at a rather high price. Furthur more, we would need to carry them ourselves to and from the room, otherwise we would need to spend extra money for the delivery. On the day I check out, the worker came to my room to take the furnitures and BBQ Pit I rented. I thought it is some free service and I finally see a good side of this place. After he moved all the stuffs to his "cart pulling a garbage box" who would expect that the worker told me "Ohhh yea you did not request for the deilvery" and he moved all the stuff back to my room. Please, for the sake of your family, friends, and your own, please do not book a chalet here. I would rather recommend you to book a BBQ Pit at the East Coast Park and camping with tents, do not stay there as it would truly ruin your experience there.

Room Tip: Get a room in Aloha-Loyang or East Coast, or even rent a tent and camp at East Coast Park. DO NOT st...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ValensWKJ
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This must be one the dirtiest beach resorts in the world. Actually, the worst beach resort in the world. When I spoke to the so called management about their rotten stinking "resort" they didn't even care, the place is a fire waiting to happen with dodgy wiring, it has saliva & blood stained pillows, mould and some type of goo on the walls all free of charge. God only knows what biological diseases are available at this place. Total waste of money we had to pack our bags and just get out of there. Goldkist Beach Resort is a haven for cockroaches and homeless cats only. My advise is to stay far far away from this hole.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Blaqy
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Decided to book a chalet here due to its proximity to the beach and partly some fond childhood memories.

Thought it would be nice to introduce my kids to some staying out + BBQ.

Had stayed here countless times under the previous management and the property then was superb.

Upon checkin, was shock to find the room totally spartan. No furniture, no kettle, no nothing.

Told myself it's ok since we are here for the beach and probably wouldn't hang inside for many hours. However, was reminded by the wife of the exorbitant rates we paid for this sorry excuse of a chalet...

Went back to the reception to check if I am indeed given the right room since I paid a bomb for it. She just smiled and nod when I told her it's so expensive.

Totally ruin any fond memories I had of this place. I believe Goldkist is just trying to wring out as much as they could before the place is demolished.

Hopefully my kids will remember the activities more eh

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank theredstar
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The moment we entered the chalet, the room stink of mold and sweat. Floor is dusty and sticky, A old beer can is found in the wardrobe, roof leaks water when its raining. Toilet leaks and noisy when flushing. No basic amenities like soap and shampoo. TV remote doesn't work and the buttons on the TV is missing. Called front desk, and they had the cheek to ask us to call housekeeping and ask us go down to get a new remote. 3D2N for SGD400++ definitely not worth it. They will charge you SGD$20 PER hour for late checkout!

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Michael_BYF
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Front counter & Mini mart customer service was rude and no manners. The unsatisfied was start from check in to check out. When we check in after get the key, we found that the air corn remote control was not in the chalet but i had been told the remote is inside the room. So we walked out from chalet and get the remote control from the black face front officer. Then we moved on to Mini mart to get a bbq set and we also found that the bbq stand supposed is at the chalet but the fact was no. So we inform the mini mart staff but she keep on argue that the bbq is at the chalet itself. When check out time, they asked to return the bbq pit to mini mart then only can refund and never been told that we need to return the remote control. The front officer throw back the key to me and asked me walk second time back to the chalet and get the remote. And the chalet is far away from the main office. Conclusion is the attitude of all the staffs are rude and did not believe what customer complained and like to push away the responsible. We pay the high price with self service style and the staffs is not meet the customer service standard.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Rachel L
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I guess it was the family of cockroaches on the bed that set the tone from the beginning. After shooing them away, we noticed the bed bugs, then the stained bedsheets. And the black liquid running down the wall from the air conditioning.

Then I noticed my wife's "I'm sure it's my birthday today, so why would he want to subject me to this?" face.

So, we went back to reception and cancelled our booking, only to be shown a long list of terms and conditions, explaining that we'd have to pay for the full 2 nights stay, regardless.

Now, we travel a lot, and if you're not happy at most hotels, they make you pay for the first night, and refund you the following nights, but at Goldkist, their motto seems to be "Get their money before we go bust". Besides, it's not cheap to feed a resort full of vermin.

Anyway, the following day, I called the resort manager. He seemed quite nice, but obviously well used to dodging complaints, and indeed phone calls. After I mentioned those magic words "Health and Safety", he said he'd try his best to help. He hasn't replied since.

So, in short, Goldkist is a great place to stay if you're looking for your first illicit taste of alcohol, a drunken fumble with that girl from your class, and want a film-noir-motel-murder-scene-type experience. But if you're looking for somewhere pleasant to stay near the beach, I'd consider Changi jail or the public toilets instead. They're slightly cleaner and more welcoming.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends