This was our second stay at the Hotel 81 Tristar. We have chosen to stay here twice (for a 2 - 3 day stopover on our way to other Asian destinations) because it meets our criteria of:
- Family rooms that will allow 2 adults & 2 teens (most budget family rooms only allow a maximum of 3 - or children under 12yrs)
- Budget priced (Singapore is not cheap and we just want somewhere to sleep)
- Good location - close to airport (for late arrivals and early departures) and public transport (walking distance from Paya Lebar MRT & buses within meters)
- Pool (most other budget hotels don't have a pool)
The hotel itself is fairly basic and somewhat dated but is more than adequate if like us you will be out & about most of the time and just need somewhere to sleep. The family rooms are very large and spacious and the surrounding area is safe & has many good hawker stalls (including a mini-mart and food center right under the hotel)
The one things that in my opinion lets this hotel down is the standard of day to day cleaning - the bedding & linen are great but while the hallways & rooms are clean enough to be acceptable a really good deep clean (eg dust under beds, removing scuff marks from the walls, polishing floors) would make all the difference!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel 81-Tristar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel 81-Tristar Singapore