“Excellent quality sushi and sashimi”

Hokkaido Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #799 of 11,864 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The freshness and quality of their sashimi and sushi won me over. I have been to a lot of Japanese restaurants in Singapore but usually the pricing don't match up the quality of the food. Their white fish sushi is one of the best I tried. Ebi tempura a must try too

1  Thank Koh64

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My hubby & I bumped into this Japanese restaurant and the staff offered to try their signature Kagoshoma beef set & Kaiseki set. We ordered the Kagoshoma beef and to we were pleasantly surprised with the excellent taste of the beef for the value of $56 set .Its 100 g of char grilled beef and a fried rice which we were told was done from the trimmings of the sirloin. Very tasty indeed !!! ..Nice cozy place with friendly staff > We will make another trip next week to try their signature recommendation .

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is my second time here. For both visits, the Groupon offer was used, but this time it was chosen by my friends. We had the standard 10 course set meal for S$49.90 each. My favorites are the pitan tofu, sushi and wagyu beef. Good value with Groupon.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our son gave hubby an early birthday treat here and had bought a Groupon voucher for less than 50% of the actual price... This was real value indeed! There were about 10 courses and this allows one to try quite a number of varieties of food that is served in the restaurant. Pretty interesting and definitely of great value! And very very filling even for hubby.

Love the menu where pictures are shown of every item together with the 'English' version. :) Definitely very helpful if you don't understand the Japanese language...

Had a very enjoyable lunch and it has been some time since we last had great Japanese food. The pork cutlet with egg and rice came in a huge bowl and was very filling especially after ordering a serving of sashimi (raw fish) as well.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Three of us were staying in the hotel and tried this restaurant after a long day of work so we didn't have to search the town for food.
The menu is extensive and features pictures of "sample versions" of food that you can order. This means that a dish that is on the menu for $100 may actually be $250 if they give you exactly what is in the picture.
The waiters were nice but perhaps there were not enough of them as they were missing for sizable chunks of the meal.
The edamame and kimchi appetisers were nice. My colleague had halibut that he very much enjoyed when it eventually showed up. Another had a bento set that she also enjoyed.
All in all it was...ok, but I wouldn't rush back. It really felt like a restaurant in a hotel - nothing special, just...there.