“The best teh tarik” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zam Zam

Zam Zam
Ranked #61 of 10,422 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Middle Eastern, Singaporean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Kampong Glam
Jakarta, Indonesia
“The best teh tarik”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This place is not cozy place to hang out or something like that. But the food has original taste and very delicious. My fav are martBak and ice tea tarik. I always visit this place whenever i visit singapore.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Norway
“Another nice brunch at Zam Zam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Had brunch at Zam Zam together with family. We had beef murtabak, roti prata (plain, onion, egg & onion) and mutton bryani. The dishes were served with fish, vegetable and chicken curry. And as the last time we went to Zam Zam, the food was excellent and it was service with a smile. The place is also in a nice area where you get a feeling of old Singapore.

• Visited November 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Best Kosher Food in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Just in front of Sultan Mosque, between North Bridge road and Arab Street, lies one Kosher food in Singapore. It is a mix between local Indian Arab food. First of all. Nasi Bryani (Bryani Rice). It is Excellent. The best Bryani I ever taste I believe. With just 6 $, you'll get one portion. I choose the beef Bryani. They also serve Chicken and lamb Bryani.
First and second time here, I order Beef Bryani. Third time, I order something more special. The Deer martabak (I hope I announce it correctly). Looks like a pizza, with their own different ingredient, with not a beef but Deer meat. Awesome. This is special. But don't worry there are plenty of choices there. You won't get bored.
The place is clean, fast serving with professional staff. Enjoy. Two Thumbs Up!

• Visited November 2013
Australia
“Delicious mutton murtabak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went to Zam Zams after reading the reviews. My daughter and I ordered the mutton and chicken murtabaks and my husband had a biryani. We absolutely loved the mutton murtabak. We didn't realise the chicken in the chicken murtabak was chicken tikka — still very tasty, but the mutton was our favourite. My husband went with the biryani — I agree with some other reviewers that it is not a "true" biryani — but he enjoyed it anyway. I didn't try any of the sauces that came with the meal as they looked very oily but my husband enjoyed them. It's not the cleanest place (try not to look at the back of the chairs) and the cheap melamine plates are stained orange from the tikka but it was fascinating to watch the murtabaks being made at lightning speed downstairs and the flavours were great.

norwich
“MIND BLOWING MURTABAK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

AMAZING food at ridiculously cheap prices. The lamb murtabak is to die for and the gravy that comes with it... well... it was one of the tastiest things I tasted in Singapore. Actually, that's a lie: it was THE tastiest thing we tasted. How do they make that gravy? Just fantastic, fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.

Make sure you visit this place if you are in Singapore. It's that good.