“Best murtabak”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kampong Glam
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have to say best murtabak. I found chicken murtabak tastes better than mutton. This place is located at Arab street and can be reached from Bugis MRT station. You may not find the environment not as the best but food is great

Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Get yourself a lime juice, mutton murtabak and a beef biryani.. that is all. Service is no frills - don't expect a smile, just give them fingers.. the universal sign for how many seats you want.. sit back and relax.. bring a big stomach

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Visited Singapore Zam Zam during lunch hour and found it really packed and hectic. They took sometimes to seat us but they were polite.
My friends and I gotten the food and drinks not long after we order.
We ordered beef murtabak, chicken murtabak, chicken briyani and mutton briyani.
While the murtabaks were like ah-ma-zingggg, I felt the briyanis were quite overrated. The meat were tender and delicious but the rice was somewhat too overwhelmed with rosewater. I still prefer batu pahat briyani over zam zam.

The restaurant is amazingly clean!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Don't expect any friendly waiter to serve you. The waiter I had, told me off, saying if I wanted something, should tell him in the first place, so that he does not have to go to kitchen again. They just want your money, esp if you are a tourist. Food is average. Better murtabak elsewhere. Make sure you check your bill and be specific in your orders. Honestly, I won't go to this place anymore.

1  Thank Mufsin
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were referred to this restaurant by one of the boutiques around the area. The saleslady said, "try the murtabak and the ginger tea". We did just that. No regrets.

As soon as we walked into the restaurant, we were greeted by smiles from the staff and were immediately directed to the upper level as it was air-conditioned. We were seated near the window, facing the main road and the Sultan Mosque. The place was clean and orders taken promptly. As both of us are non fans of red meat, we chose to try the chicken murtabak and a mug of ginger tea each. The murtabak was soft yet crispy with a generous amount of chicken meat. The tea was not too sweet and the ginger flavour was not too overwhelming. The food was reasonable priced.

We stayed on for awhile after we finished our food but were not requested to leave even though the restaurant was starting to fill in. I suspect, from the no. of shopping bags which both of us were carrying, the staff must have known we were tired after all that shopping.