“Lovely, cosy restaurant”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Headed by Chef Owner Emmanuel Stroobant, Saint Pierre is a restaurant of timeless elegance, advancing bravely into the future with a 16-year history of dining excellence. Its superlative cuisine, beautiful interiors and team of talented chefs have escalated the restaurant into the echelons of international accolades. The restaurant is also the only establishment and restaurant in Singapore being accorded membership to the world-renowned Relais & Chateaux, a collection of 600 of the world’s best restaurants and hotels. Saint Pierre is the story of Chef Stroobant – a culmination of his life’s search for self-knowledge. Here, Chef Stroobant leads you on his passage, through a sensual gastronomic dining experience, embodying his own journey and discoveries; where the art of fine dining is celebrated, and the rituals of the table are cherished and perpetuated. At the heart of Saint Pierre lies essence-centric cuisine, the advanced extraction of concentrated, vital essences from the freshest natural ingredients to season dishes through the use of modern techniques and methods. Chef Stroobant’s global experiences manifest in his culinary style – a harmonious blend of European techniques with subtle touches of Southeast Asia, bringing flavours to the forefront of every dish. Currently situated at One Fullerton with an impressive view of Marina Bay, Saint Pierre now seats an intimate 24 persons in the main dining room, with an additional six in the private dining room – thus allowing for service of exceptional attention and standards.
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We went on a bit of a splurge here - had the Prix Fixe menu and added onto that. Everything was delicious except for the mains! To be honest, we probably ordered poorly as it was the type of food we eat at home. The Wagyu beef was $100 and it was good, but we live in Australia, where Wagyu beef is raised! The trout and truffles - $70 - was ok - admittedly I dont have that quality of truffles at home, but still, I was slightly underwhelmed... when you pay $170 for a main alone you expect magic, but it was still good. The rest was delicious - desert is my thing that makes or breaks the dining experience and I had Grandma Stroobands flourless chocolate cake - it was very good. The fun here is trying to break down what a the mystery ingredients in the courses - apple, vanilla, pate and other yummy unexpected ingredients that pop up. Emmanuel Strooband was a very polite host and came to have a chat to each guest. I think the Maitre D thought we were a bit common for his taste, but the rest of the staff were lovely and helpful. Expect some posers and everytime someone walks in you will check them out to see what they are wearing and if they are famous, but all that aside, (and that is fun anyway) I would recommend.

1  Thank MrKitty

Reviewed July 3, 2009

After reading so many comments of this restaurant, I went there with my friends and bring along a Cheval Blanc 2003 for the occasion. The food is fusion type and the products that chef cook Emmanuel Stroobant used are fresh of the day. His dishes presentations are superb and the service is high standard. Compared to Raffles and Les Amis, I would rate Raffles the best and Les Amis the least. Value wise Saint Pierre is expensive as I came out still hungry after spending more than $1000 dollars for 6 which does not include our bottle of Cheval Blanc. Compared to French restaurants in DC where I came from, Saint Pierre is definitely over rated and at least twice as expensive. I cannot understand why it has received the qualification of Relais & Chateaux reserved only for the best in the world.

Reviewed June 13, 2009

Let’s talk about the Degustation Menu!
I just got back from dinner at Saint Pierre. It was a wonderful experience.

I was there with my wife for our 3rd wedding anniversary. We both took the 8 course Degustation Menu. This includes a complimentary selection of house breads, sorbet, & a sweets sampler. We added a cheese selection of 3 different cheeses, which we chose from the cheese cart of no less than 15 cheeses.

This Degustation Menu has a Foie Gras course. However, as my wife no longer eats Foie Gras (due to her ethical views) there was no problem substituting it with another course. She really enjoyed her meal and said, “French kitchen is not only about Foie Gras, just like Chinese kitchen is not only about Shark’s Fin Soup.”

Emmanuel’s Degustation Menu was a fusion of French kitchen and Japanese/Asian. He has found a unique & delicate balance between these two kitchens, which made it a great dinning experience. He even added a twist of molecular cooking to the Menu!

As his menus change with the seasons, I will definitely make it a point to come back to try the new creations Emmanuel will be coming up with.

If you go for the Degustation Menu do make a point to try the wine accompaniment. It will really enhance the dining experience.
I just say, “Ever had Sparkling Sake?” ;) You must try it, especially the one from Ichinokura (Miyagi Prefecture)!

1  Thank benbeckmann1
Reviewed May 21, 2009

i am a very fortunate person: i travel the world following my husband.
Last week end we went to Saint Pierre with a couple of friends and i was really surprised by the new look of the restaurant as well as the new menu.
I am not a food critic and have no intention of writing about food, but i had a fantastic experience and wanted to share it. it wasclassy, trendy, fun, friendly...the food was perfect and the total bill....for $88.00 per person...
i find my new cantine!

1  Thank luciefair
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I have had some ok to very good experiences at Saint Pierre in the past. And towards the end of last year, the experiences were border-lining on ok more than good. However, with the renovations, I think Saint Pierre can finally call itself a world class restaurant. In the past the ambiance was ok but the service and food mostly made up for that. And occasionally the innovativeness in the menu tended to have a more negative than positive effect. After the extensive renovation, and it is extensive, i did not recognize the interior at all, the ambiance had increased by leaps and bounds. The service is back to being sleek and friendly and the newly added bar makes a huge difference in the entire dining experience. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and had a really fun time sampling their not so conventional cocktails. By the time we adjourned to our table, I was pleasantly buzzed. The food was simple yet tasty. With their new 5 course set dinner at $88 per person, and you could choose from the entire ala carte menu, it was very affordable. What made our evening perfect was their extensive wine list at very reasonable prices. We ordered a 1990 bordeaux that was slightly over $100. With the savings that we made on the wine i decided to splurge and have the beef, you had to add $60 to the fixed priced, and it was an additional $60 that was well spent. The beef was juicy and full of flavour. Most places tend to offer filet, much as it is a very tender cut, i always find the flavours lacking. Plus I like the idea of having to chew my beef. This was perfection especially with the piece of foie gras wrapped into it. All in all it surpassed all our expectations.