“Staying at the Pan Pacific is like staying with my beloved family!”

Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore
Ranked #132 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
San Diego, California
“Staying at the Pan Pacific is like staying with my beloved family!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have been staying at the Pan Pacific Serviced Suites almost since they opened. I stay anywhere from 2 weeks to a month 6 times a year. I can't say enough about how great the team is to me. I have kitchen "stuff" that I store with them until I get back to Singapore. I love the fact that I have a full kitchen as I love to cook meals for my lunch during the week. Even though Singapore has great food I like home cooking during the week for lunch. I have worked with Catherine Kum since the beginning and she has become a great friend of mine. But, I can't say anything bad about anyone that works there. Janice and Faizal have been with me since the beginning as has Hilda in the Lounge. The staff makes my stay there so awesome. I would recommend to anyone who has stays for longer than a week to consider the PPSS.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Karen B
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Karen B,

It is especially meaningful for us to receive your feedback. You have been one of our most frequent resident and great to know after all these years, it is like staying with 'my beloved family'. We are humbled indeed and will certainly keep up our performance. Will be sure to convey your appreciation to all our associates here and especially to Catherine, Janice, Faizal and Hilda.

Kindest regards

Andrew Yee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

This is a fantastic place to stay. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment on the tenth floor for 9 weeks.
Likes:
* apartments are well furnished
* the staff are tremendous, far superior to anywhere else I have stayed around the world. Cannot speak highly enough of every staff member in the facility. Whoever has selected and trained the staff here should be commended, they are all great
* location is excellent, MRT at your doorstep, buses over the road, taxis everywhere
* gym is great, modern equipment and kept very clean

Areas for Improvement:
* really struggled to say much here...only thing is the pool is wayyyy too cold to enjoy

One caveat: I am not paying the bill for my stay and I suspect this place isn't cheap! That said, it is nothing but quality.

Would stay here again without question.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kosta100
, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Costa 100
We are grateful for your kind words and appreciate your especially complimenting our associates, without whom this place will be just bricks and walls. We are all very encouraged by your feedbacks. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed July 4, 2012

If you're looking for a short or long term stay look no further. We've been staying here since early June you've found the right place. Great location - mrt, shopping and restaurants are just a stroll away.We are currently staying in a studio room - generous in size with a well equipped kitchenette, washing machine/dryer, (We would have loved to stay in the one bedroom as we'll be here long term - but there isn't one available when we booked). You can't fault their service - receptionists are ever so helpful and friendly, the breakfast a treat (staff and cook ever so pleasant - best egg benedict Hilda!) and their housekeeping spotless - thank you Minah and co). There's a pool, gym and steam room - quite under use really but nice to have. The lounge on level 11 is a haven for relaxation - filled with books and other interesting reading materials. We're so spoilt for restaurant choices as PPSS backs on to Somerset 313 - it has numerous restaurants (East & West) and if you'd like a taste of the local food - there's a food court at level 5. I would recommend this serviced apartment/hotel for all groups.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor facing the CBD are the best and sky garden level for the outdoor lounge...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank JWhite60
Dear Jwhite60,
What a delight to read your feedbacks! We certainly will be sure to pass on your compliments to our associates. Am sure they appreciate the kind and encouraging words. Once again, thank you.

Kind regards

Foster City, California
Reviewed June 20, 2012

What a pleasant surprise when I arrived at PPSS after 20 hours flight! The apt. Is beautifully decorated in a contemporary style. All the staff there are super nice and very helpful. Most of them even remember my name and always greet me with a genuine smile:-)

The mattress and the beddings are very very comfortable. The only thing I want to complain about is the windows are all locked so no fresh air in the room and we have to have AC on 24x 7. I guess this is nothing unusual for any hotels.

Anyway, BIG thank you to all at PPSS and keep up the good work!

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Katie G
, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Katie G, Thank you so much for your superb compliments. We are grateful for your effort in penning your extended stay experience with us. Greatly appreciate your support of our serviced suites and we look forward to seeing you again.

Byron Bay
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed in studio apartment on a high floor for 3 months. Friendly, efficient and consistent service. Great location close to everything on orchard. Nice pool, hot pools/steam room, lounge and never crowded gym. You will need a bigger room for a family or if you are planning on substantial in room time. House keeping was excellent and kept the room in top condition. Front desk staff ever helpful and the best at getting taxis in singapore. Breakfasts were standard fare, and could have done with perhaps more variety and be available 7 days. Lacked a loyalty scheme (pan pacific's or anyone else's).

Room Tip: High floors quieter and have nicer outlook.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KiwiBrazilianPom
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear KiwiBrazilianPom

Thank you for your compliments on our Housekeeping and Front Office associates. They have consistently been winning praises for their soft touches in making this a home. Our facilities are generous for just 126 apartments. You are right - it is never crowded in our gym, even in the pool and the hot pools/steam room. Greatly appreciate your feedback on your stay experience.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I just spent a very pleasant two weeks there, and had a great deal of trouble thinking of anything to complain about. The location was convenient for me, as the office I was visiting was at UE Square, a short cab ride away; while of course, since I was a stone's throw from Orchard Street, there were far more restaurants within walking distance than I could have hoped to have visited had I had two months rather than two weeks. Furthermore, there is a bus stop literally across the street if your tastes or budget run more to buses than to cabs. The room was comfortable, the housekeeping was exemplary, and the housekeeper herself was very pleasant and friendly on the couple of occasions when I was there during the day. Breakfast was consistently quite good, with a reasonable variety of food on the buffet, supplemented with made-to-order waffles, omelettes, etc. The staff downstairs were uniformly friendly and helpful, whether I was asking them to change $22 of small change into bills or trying to find out where I could get a cup of teh tarik. And the driver they ordered for my trip to the airport at the end of my stay, arrived twenty minutes early.

I should especially mention the sky-gardens they have every six floors or so, which are open-air terraces suspended between the north and south towers, and from which you have a spectacular view looking across urban shops and greenery, across Fort Canning Hill a kilometer or so away, and then on beyond to the Central Business District and the open sea. It's a lovely view during the day and a spectacular one at night; but to see it at its best you should get up at 6:00 or so and enjoy a cup of tea in the glory of the sunrise. One warning, though: the hanging chairs on the 11th-floor sky-garden are so soothingly comfortable that on more than one occasion I peacefully dozed off in them, which is a good way to miss the sunrise after having gone to the trouble of getting up at 6:00. So maybe, for the sunrise, the more conventional chairs on the 15th-floor sky-garden are a better choice.

Really, I tried to think of anything to complain about, and only came up with two things. One, the in-room Bose sound system, while it made my CD's sound awesome, didn't like either my iPhone or my laptop -- for them it had too high a feedback-to-music ratio. But since that mattered so little to me that I never got around to calling the concierge to ask them to get it fixed -- as I'm sure they'd have done had I asked them -- that hardly seems worth complaining about. And two, the pepper in the breakfast lounge's pepper-shakers is white...but that just means you're in Singapore, and since I carry around in my pocket a small container of black pepper precisely because I know that whatever restaurant I happen to eat in will serve white pepper rather than black, that posed no problem either. And really, that's all I could think of on the negative side of the ledger.

In short: recommended without reservation. I would be happy to stay there whenever business calls me to Singapore.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ken P
Dear Ken P,

Thank you for the detailed description of our products and services. We will certainly bring your compliments to our associates' attention and are sure it will brighten their day. Your attention to details on our sky gardens is commendable and are glad you used these to the best advantage. Once again, thank you for taking the effort to write of your stay experience with us.

india
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was in Singapore with my family from 25th to the 31st May 2012 and was very very impressed with the PPSS where we stayed. The staff was very very helpful and very nice. The hotel was very quiet and clean and was like a home away from home. The eating joints around the hotel were just so lovely including a rather charming bakery just below the hotel. The hotel is located in the heart of the best shopping area of Singapore and we had a blast visiting the malls which are just a walking distance from the hotel. It was a remarkable holiday in Singapore for us thanks to the best place in Singapore called the PAN PACIFIC SERVICE SUITES.

Room Tip: Its not the room but the service that makes every room feel like home. So just go ahead and book the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sagarathleteplus
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Sagarathleteplus

We are honoured by your title 'The Best in Singapore'. Our associates here are also touched by your compliments. More than just a central location which you had so accurately described, we had also received many feedbacks on the safe and secure location of our serviced suites.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you home, once again.