“Good Chicken Rice”

Five Star Hainanese Chicken Rice
Ranked #476 of 11,764 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Joo Chiat
Description: With a multitude of chicken rice stalls in Singapore, you might have difficulty finding just one place with authentic and mouth-watering chicken rice. Yet, one established and reliable chain to try is Five Star Hainanese Chicken Rice, with outlets in East Coast and River Valley and Upper Bukit Timah.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I personally prefer Five Star Chicken Rice to its rival Boon Tong Kee. (Sorry, BTK fans!) As I only take breast meat, I feel that the breast meat at Five Star Chicken Rice is not tough and chewy nor soggy and overly seasoned like other places. The rice is heavenly and not too soft. What I really like is the chili sauce. It is spicy yet flavorful. I really enjoy tucking into a plate of chicken rice here. For me, this is comfort food!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We love going to its branch at Cheong Chin Nam. Always order whole white chicken or sometimes roasted chicken along with some side dishes like prawn roll , vegetables. I love their chilli , spicy and inviting…. we never get sick of eating their chicken rice , in fact we always look forward to return

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

The last time i ate here was years ago. Brought my wife and we had half roast chicken, 3 rice and hotplate beancurd. Everything was fine just that the a bit saltish today. Rmbr to ask them to put less sesame oil and sauce for it to be less salty..

Reviewed February 14, 2013

OK, the chicken rice may not be among the best in Singapore (although it is not bad, and it's kampong chicken), but this place is great for takeaway service. You just call, and 15-20 minutes later, you just come and collect. They even prepare the change for you (or take payment by credit card). The ngo hiang is excellent!

1  Thank Lam N
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I had always thought that five star at East Coast was one of the better chicken rice restaurants in town. Serving portions for the chicken and rice were excellent and the chili sauce packs a punch.

However it does seem that in recent months, the rice and chicken have been shrinking to an extent that I feel it's no longer worth the money that I pay! What's more crazy is that it is in fact cheaper for me to go next door to Sin Hoi Sai to eat than to eat at five star.