“Small menu but well executed”
Review of Faber Bistro

Faber Bistro
Ranked #396 of 11,073 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Head to the West wing of Faber Peak from Mount Faber Cable Car Station, and discover this friendly dining spot atop an alfresco deck. Sit back and enjoy the city view from the top of the hill while you pick your favourites from the international dining menu.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Will not go into detail about the superb view. Went for lunch on a hot hot day. Beer was cold and food was fab. Had the grilled prawns and citrus salad, mixed green salad and the almond crusted fish and chips. There were 5 large fresh juicy prawns on the refreshing salad ( a proper mesculn salad ). Our main course was a sizeable golden brown slab of the most succulent fish accompanied by piping hot, crisp, wide oblong (I'm guessing home made) chips. The menu might not be extensive, but if this is an indication of the quality of food here, I'm sure everything else would be equally pleasing to the eye and palette. Would definitely go back!

1  Thank KraZkatlady
There are newer reviews for Faber Bistro

Reviewed March 29, 2013

After taking the night time trip on the gondalo from Imabah station to Mt Faber last week myself and my friend chose to seek out this bistro for a meal and we where not disappointed. Both meal and service where exceptional and the night time view from here was beautiful. Thank you to our waiters and the australian host whom was very informative and friendly especially with helping me to select a lovely and refreshing beer from France that I had not tried before and the pizza was to die for.

2  Thank debra r
Reviewed March 29, 2013

while travelling with a friend from Australia we were absolutely loving Singapore but missing some outdoor dining and being able to embrace the balmy nights with a nice glass of wine and an outside meal.
Then place is a hidden Gem! ride the Jewel cable to the end of the outward trip,then leave the building and head about 5 minute easy walk up the road.

1  Thank veronica j
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The menu was vegetarian friendly, though there were not many choices available (We are vegetarians). I ordered an Aglio Olio and my girlfriend ordered a vegetarian sandwich meal. They were both very uninspired and flat. Drinks weren't much of a saving grace either.
The service provided was quite a roller coaster ride. As we were "enjoying" our dinner, I quietly observed the staff go about their business. Some of the staff were excellent while others were, in a nutshell, bad. It's saving grace is it's proximity to Faber point and the excellent view. Good place to stop by after a visit to Faber point, but for drinks only.

1  Thank unREMb
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Made the absolutely great stroll from Kent Ridge Park with two visiting friends. This was only my second time here, and my expectations were quite high after my first visit - however, I thout it might have been because my excellent company. The place did not let me down - me and my guests higly appreciated the food, the drinks and the location!
We arrived just before dawn and got to experience the whole spectrum from the view of the town and the harbour both in day light until the night lighting.
We all had the grilled prawns as a starter and it exceeded our expectations - the salad was fresh and the prawns tasty. The dressing was just right.
We then had the Chef's specialities of burger (with blue cheese) and lamb shank as well as the steak. We were all very satisfied with our food.
The quality-price relation is good!
I will definitely come here again! The place is well suited also for a romantic (secret) dinners!
The only thing they could have made better was to order the taxi to the bar i stead of asking us to walk down the road to the taxi stand (jewel box, the station for sky cabins from/to VivoCity & Sentosa).

1  Thank Coco S