“Beautiful meal in a wonderful setting”
Review of Au Jardin by Les Amis - CLOSED

Au Jardin by Les Amis
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tanglin
Description: The Les Amis Group is Singapore’s gatekeeper to fine dining, and here at Au Jardin they serve up luxurious French fare in a classic old-world bungalow. Indulge in the sumptuousness of foie gras, wagyu ribeye, and Grand Marnier soufflé as you are ensconced by lush greenery.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you are ready to spend a little more, Au Jardin by Les Amis offers a
great location surrounded by the lush Botanical Gardens of Singapore.
Quite unique in setting, the food is no less so. The lunch time menus are particularly good value
and the food presentation, quality and service are outstanding.
A little bit of a splurge.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Came here with my nephew to have a nice quiet lunch but felt that we were rushed to finish our food. Yes, we walked in abit late for lunch, about 1pm, but they accepted us in, but throughtout the meal, we felt rushed by the servers. Courses came within minutes of each other.
We did not enjoy the meal. The waiting staff was so lack of common courtesy, we did not even enjoy the food.
We ate, we paid, we stood up and left. What a disppointing experience, when Au Jardin has such a wonderful Jardin to make the most of a dining experience.....

Bistro_du_vin, Owner at Au Jardin by Les Amis, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Travellernot2urist,

My Name is Philippe Pau, I'm the director in charge of Au Jardin where you had a disappointing meal experience sometime in May, first of all I must apologise for this on behalf of my whole team.

As much as I am sadden to read about it I'm also grateful your review has highlighted an area where we may need to review our operating standards and procedure in order to avoid similar occurrence from happening.

I am wondering if you could give me some additional details in order for me and my team to ascertain exactly what went wrong and address any aspect of our service sequence that need to.

the information I seek if possible:
exact day of your visit
Details of the specific issues you encountered especially about the "lack of common courtesy"
any other details you may feel is crucial for us to understand exactly our shortfalls as well as where we need to improve on.

The whole restaurant team, especially the Service team who normally prides itself in providing a qualitative, professional and personal service is very upset and sorry for having disappointed you and your nephew so badly.

we hope that we will be one day able to welcome you back and let you enjoy a much more gratifying experience.

you may reply me via the website or directly on my email: philippepau@lesamis.com.sg.

Philippe Pau

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We visited this pretty colonial house and now delightful restaurant for dinner - what a picture, walking along the beautifully lit pathways set in the stunning Botanical Gardens. We had a wonderful view over the gardens, the service was excellent and we felt very elegant in the surroundings. The menu is not extensive, but still plenty to choose from and the food was just superb. Ideal for a special occasion.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I loved this quaint little restaurant housed in an old colonial bungalow located in the middle of the beautifully manicured Singapore botanical gardens. It is true to its les amis brand promise. Service could have been a little more attentive (but then again, we were a very large group) but the food was excellent and beautifully presented. The building could do with a make over but its flaws added to the old world charm. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been visiting this Restaurant since my Wedding in Singapore in 2000. It is one of the most unique dining experiences possible. The stunning Botanic Garden environment and the tiny Colonial house which seems to exist in a time capsule. The service and food are always excellent. The Les Amis Group are one of the most adventurous Restaurant groups in Asia, trialling new concepts and locations. This one has remained in tact over time. The Manager Bernard Mak is a great asset to the group and especially this location.