“Something for everyone”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: With Long Bar undergoing restoration, our iconic Singapore Sling experience will continue to be served here. A light snack menu complements our renowned cocktail as well as an extensive list of other cocktails and spirits. The Singapore Sling, widely regarded as the national drink of the country, was first created in 1915 at the Long Bar in Raffles Singapore by bartender Ngiam Tong Boon. It later went on to gain international fame and a century later, is still enjoyed around the globe.To learn more about the Singapore Sling, please click here. Regarded as the oldest existing bar in its original location in Singapore, Bar & Billiard Room is an institution within Raffles Singapore. It occupies a standalone building built in 1896, and was the first in the country to have a lady bartender stirring up a storm in the 1920s. Inside, chandeliers hang down from the high ceiling and the floor tiles are replicas of the original. One of the five original billiard tables from the turn of the century can be found there, where guests are welcomed to play a round or two. Picture windows look out to the surrounding thick foliage, interrupted by elegant cast-iron frames that compose the terrace.
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We've taken our two children here many times for special dinners, and everybody finds something they love (unlike at some other Raffles restaurants). The tables are set far apart, and there's a good variety of food . Avoid going during F1 unless you want your conversation punctuated by the squeal and shriek of cars.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had dinner at the restaurant this evening. The variety of food had shrunk over the years and tend toward European and Mediterranean dishes. The soups were lukewarm and so were the other main courses. I think our dinner was rather "bland" as many of the dishes did not complement each other. The presentation of the dishes were unappealing. The duck in orange sauce was tough and so was the squid dish. But I did enjoy some of the desserts especially the crepe suzette which was just introduced this evening.

I think the service was good, the waiters and waitresses were attentive and friendly. The ambience was good, warm and cosy with a romantic feel. However, the food was disappointing and to quote another reviewer it was definitely " not value for money".

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family and I were having a dinner at the restaurant last weekend. To my surprise the services was so terribly poor and intolerable. My son tried to get veal at the serving station, the serving chef was always not there .When I was there to request for a slice, the chef was just ignore my request and talked to the staff till I interrupted them. Besides some of the the buffet items was not ready even it had started. Requesting for ice water also take time to replenish. In the restaurant I observed that serving staff is very few but many chefs.The variety of food also very limited. All these may be due to the special promotion ( 40% discount). If it is so I will strongly suggest to discard the promotion and maintain the standard.

1  Thank SKYONG
Reviewed July 29, 2012

It was not value for money and not much variety at all.
More of salad dishes repeated twice.
The fish dish finished but was not replenished.
Disappointing dinner :(

1  Thank mas_jalil
Reviewed July 12, 2012

For our 30th wedding anniversary I took my wife to the Billiard Room at the Raffles hotel and it was by far the best buffet I have ever had. The food was of a far greater quality than what one would normally expect to see at a buffet, and there was plenty of it. The choices available was extensive making our choices difficult. Apart from the buffet, there was also a carvery with delicious cuts of meat, and they would prepare a variety of pasta according to your order. The food was delicious, hard to choose a favourite as they were all excellent, but I think the black cod in a creamy lemon sauce was the stand out. The service was fantastic with the chef explaining each dish and steering me clear of any shellfish (to which I am extremely allergic) and wait staff carrying our plates back to our table. they all seemed genuinely interested in what we thought about the food and how we were enjoying ourselves. At S$75 a head, whilst it may seem a bit expensive, but when you consider the quantity and quality of the food, the service, and the atmosphere in the room, it was very reasonably priced. After a not so wise choice of venue for my wife's birthday, the Billiards Room at the Raffles was a winner all the way. The only complaint I could offer is that we didn't get the opportunity to return for a second meal, but that will wait till our next trip to Singapore.