“Delicious food, friendly service, cosy atmosphere”
Review of Eight Cafe & Bar

Eight Cafe & Bar
Ranked #1,332 of 11,073 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I visited Eight together with my parents who were visiting from South Africa. They are both in their 80's and are usually small and fussy eaters. My father had the duck breast, which he had never tried cooked pink before, my mother the duck confit leg and I had the cod. All were extremely tasty as were the warm bread rolls served with the food. Service was friendly and polite, not overly attentive as one gets in some places which can be irritating. So much for small eaters! My parents finished every scrap - my father declaring it the best duck he had ever eaten - not bad for someone of 87! In fact we managed to squeeze in two desserts as well - the warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and the blueberry cheesecake. The whole meal and experience was a treat and a really good deal as well. I will be back

There are newer reviews for Eight Cafe & Bar

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Indeed it is very cozy, a little too cozy as the tables are very close to each other. Sorry, but I found the place a little too disorientating. In the atmosphere department it tried to be more and then too much. Is this place a cafe, bar or restaurant? And why is the mood music so loud? Maybe it's new and it's still trying to find its market? In the food department you don't have many options: fish, chicken, duck, or beef....I found the portions to be too small and I left wanting to eat more. The steak was $32 and the catch of the day was $36. Steak wasn't very special but I really liked the cod with miso sauce. Perfect blend of fish and sauce! The service was great; discrete and prompt. It was a nice "one-time-experience" restaurant but I don't think I would go back.

Reviewed April 24, 2011

Had a nice dinner here and for the price we paid (SGD 35 for 2 course meal dinner, SGD40 for 3 course meal) the food was really nice and of medium portion.

Props to the decor. It was the reason why we decided to go for it. Right decision.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

It's a very (gay) friendly and cozy place. It feels like being invited to someones home. The staff is friendly and the owner's even more. They make the tour to ask if everything is fine. I've been there many times and I have never been disappointed.
It's fusion food. You choose 2 or 3 meal course and from there you can pick from a range of entrées, main courses and dessert. The portion are medium size.

1  Thank Michael_Beat
Reviewed March 23, 2010

The food and service is wonderful on my recent trip to this restaurant. Just two guys operating this place during a busy lunch and they get everything so right. The room is well design, modern yet with cosy, food well prepared and a good selection of drinks. This should be on every travellers agenda.