“Above and Beyond”

Cookery Magic
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My friend (who has cerebral palsy and confined to a wheelchair) and I attended Ruqxana's cooking class in October this year. Ruqxana went above and beyond to allow my friend to attend the class and fully enjoy the cooking experience. She organised for a special low table so that my friend could have a hands on experience and was just generally a lovely and accepting person.
For me, the class was was the highlight of our trip. We attended the home-cooking Indian class and the food was delicious. The class is very down-to-earth and Ruqxana's home is friendly and inviting. Her pet cats are part of the atmosphere and watch lazily as you prepare your food. All up a very enjoyable and "real" tourist experience of Singapore.

2  Thank Evianah
There are newer reviews for Cookery Magic

Reviewed December 16, 2013

On a 5 day stop over in Singapore (on the way to Melbourne) myself and my girlfriend had no real plans! We checked out possible things to do on tripadvisor.
I love to cook and wanted to step it up with some local expertise.
This is a class for the complete novice to expert. Something to learn for everyone.
We made fish curry, dhall and roti prata. We were 4 in the class.
This is clearly a taster of the vast experience and knowledge Ruqxana and her team have to offer. I would love to learn more from this wonderful Lady.
Our cooking experience with Ruqxana rates at the top from our stay. Authentic food in a lovely home.
Let me know if you ever produce a cook book!

2  Thank davidpackard
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Good way to spend a morning leading to a great lunch. Ruqxana is a great host and cook.
The joy of learning in someone's home is part of the fun. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and it was like visiting and cooking with an old friend. Highly recommended, even for someone like me who can't cook. Do yourself a favour, visit the suburbs of Singapore, see how the other half live and enjoy a great meal.

2  Thank Steve241257
Reviewed November 16, 2013

we really enjoyed our time at Cookery majic.We learnt alot and have used some of the recipes since we came home.

1  Thank zahnleitercollins
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband had a lesson as a birthday present from our son and really enjoyed it and learnt some new skills. We were both welcomed and I was able to relax on the comfy seats reading while my husband booked and then we were both able to sit and eat the food which was delicious.

1  Thank lesleyandrob1963