“When in Singapore”

Cookery Magic
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 16, 2013

On a 5 day stop over in Singapore (on the way to Melbourne) myself and my girlfriend had no real plans! We checked out possible things to do on tripadvisor.
I love to cook and wanted to step it up with some local expertise.
This is a class for the complete novice to expert. Something to learn for everyone.
We made fish curry, dhall and roti prata. We were 4 in the class.
This is clearly a taster of the vast experience and knowledge Ruqxana and her team have to offer. I would love to learn more from this wonderful Lady.
Our cooking experience with Ruqxana rates at the top from our stay. Authentic food in a lovely home.
Let me know if you ever produce a cook book!

2  Thank davidpackard

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Good way to spend a morning leading to a great lunch. Ruqxana is a great host and cook.
The joy of learning in someone's home is part of the fun. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and it was like visiting and cooking with an old friend. Highly recommended, even for someone like me who can't cook. Do yourself a favour, visit the suburbs of Singapore, see how the other half live and enjoy a great meal.

2  Thank Steve241257
Reviewed November 16, 2013

we really enjoyed our time at Cookery majic.We learnt alot and have used some of the recipes since we came home.

1  Thank zahnleitercollins
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband had a lesson as a birthday present from our son and really enjoyed it and learnt some new skills. We were both welcomed and I was able to relax on the comfy seats reading while my husband booked and then we were both able to sit and eat the food which was delicious.

1  Thank lesleyandrob1963
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I attended the Malay cooking class last week with Ruqxana teaching the class. (8 people)
It was a lovely experience and the food was delicious! Ruqxana was fantastic, she was very easy to follow ( so novices don't be afraid! ) everything was very well organised and I had a lot of fun meeting some new people and cooking the incredibly tasty dishes.
If you have half a day to spare, try something different and cook/eat some amazing and delicious food. You won't be disappointed.
I will definitely go back for another session next time I'm in Singapore.

1  Thank EJM_10